Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed

TheBEASTunchained

When marketing is needed, the pros can get creative and be more specific in what record is broken.

Williamsburg is home to the World's TALLEST INVERTED (full-circuit) ROLLER COASTER!

Did you know the Diamondback was the first B&M hyper coaster to have their new stadium-style seating? (In the US)

--

Cedar Point and Kings Island have the highest attendance numbers in America in 2014 (outside of Florida and California).

• Like 1

In that case what sounds more impressive "New 130ft launch coaster" or "Worlds tallest/fastest giga" One of these is going to draw a lot more attention which was my point.

I'd wager that very few guests know what exactly "giga" refers to in this context.

• Like 6

Banshee wasn't "very marketable like a giga", yet it was a big hit with the general public.

Gatekeeper wasn't "very marketable like a giga", yet it was a big hit with the general public.

The upcoming Valravn isn't "very marketable like a giga", yet it's on track to be a big hit with the general public.

Those are popular rides but they are not as marketable as Gigas. Gatekeeper and Banshee (Valravn will be) are fun rides and in their first couple of years will be really popular but the shine usually wears off on them. I still think Diamondback is the most popular ride in the park due to its hieght and speed. The more marketable rides at CP are Millennium Force and TTD. Those two usually have the longest waits at CP. Why? Because they are the tallest and fastest rides in the park. Same with Fury at Carowinds and Intimidator 305 at KD. I honestly had no intention of driving 10+ hours to Carowinds or KD until this past summer when Fury was unleashed. I305, Fury 325, MF, and TTD are landmark rides. People travel from all over the country to ride those rides. World's or Nation's Tallest/Fastest (or close to the record) is much more intriguing than longest/most inversions records. They are indeed more marketable and can put a park on the map.

Glad to see someone else on the same page as me :)

I would be willing to wager that DB is a more popular ride at this point than Banshee for many of the reasons you listed, and Banshee may very well be the best invert found anywhere. But it doesn't have the height, speed or airtime that DB has.

I've been waiving the giga flag for a while now but I'm not one to complain if I don't get my way. If they put in a great woodie or other coaster type I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

One thing I haven't seen discussed much is B&M's ability to create a multi-launch or blitz-style coaster. Didn't they build a launched wing coaster last year? So why couldn't they build something on par with or better than the Mack and Intamin multi-launch and blitz-style coasters? I have no doubt they'd knock it out of the park if they tried.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I figured out what we are getting. It must be true by Greg's tweet. We are getting a launched coaster themed to a plane! Just check out his tweet today.

https://twitter.com/kigamesdept/status/704301505558487040

(Yes I'm being utterly sarcastic, emphasizing how some get carried away) lol

Fan, wind, carried away bahahaha! Ok I'll stop.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 5

I figured out what we are getting. It must be true by Greg's tweet. We are getting a launched coaster themed to a plane! Just check out his tweet today.

https://twitter.com/kigamesdept/status/704301505558487040

(Yes I'm being utterly sarcastic, emphasizing how some get carried away) lol

Fan, wind, carried away bahahaha! Ok I'll stop.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

I will just say.. that is a cool fan
  • Like 1

Guys... I've got it. All the clearing in river town and by Banshee are connected. You'll board the 365 foot RMC/ B&M giga coaster hybrid in river town. The lift hill will go over the Eiffel Tower and the drop down into the international street fountains. You'll then hit a series of air time hills all the way to the SOB clearing where their will be the world's first ever triple Chuck Norris back flip turn around launched spicy tuna sushi roll. After which you will be subjected to the world's longest most annoying brake run all the way back to river town.

Name: Cedar Fair's anti theming/ concrete exhibit record breaking coaster: The Ride

• Like 9

Guys... I've got it. All the clearing in river town and by Banshee are connected. You'll board the 365 foot RMC/ B&M giga coaster hybrid in river town. The lift hill will go over the Eiffel Tower and the drop down into the international street fountains. You'll then hit a series of air time hills all the way to the SOB clearing where their will be the world's first ever triple Chuck Norris back flip turn around launched spicy tuna sushi roll. After which you will be subjected to the world's longest most annoying brake run all the way back to river town.

Name: Cedar Fair's anti theming/ concrete exhibit record breaking coaster: The Ride

You had me up to the name.  Obviously it will be "The Ride...Hawk"   ;)

• Like 4

This doesn't guarantee anything. I won't say all this stuff is for a coaster until I start to see some footers. Could it possibly be for a coaster Yes, BUT it could also just be some dirt from the construction around the park.  However it does make this area a little more interesting for now, because of the construction in a pretty clear spot. We will find out if this is for anything when we get closer to the announcement for 2017. For now we are Most just going crazy with speculation because Mr. Scheid posted a picture of Rob Decker with blueprints. 

Sorry Terp

• Like 2

I'm not freaking out about this. I'm just saying what I think. Everyone has a brain everyone thinks different and has different opinions. I was just saying it How it was weird that they're doing so much work for one spot. I'm not putting #giga2017 like a bunch of other people. It's a beautiful day and and I'm going to enjoy it.

• Like 3

I don't know about you, but I think this is the next best thing on here since the Decoding topic!

Dirt is dirt, don't make a Mountain out of a mole Hill. I don't think this is big, but i do however think that this is a diversion, just saying.

• Like 3