Cedar Point Summer/Fall 2016

stashua123

3 month old son who won't ride anything other than a stoller and perhaps the train (is there anything else at the Pointe a true youngun' can get on?)

Hand Held Infants:
Explanation:
Hand held infants (children who
are unable to independently walk or maintain
seated postural control) will only be able to ride
the following rides as long as the infant has a
supervising companion:
Kiddy Kingdom Carrousel –
must be seated
with a supervising companion in a chariot
Midway Carrousel –
must be seated with a
supervising companion in a chariot
Antique Cars –
must be seated with a
supervising companion in the rear seat
Cadillac Cars –
must be seated with a
supervising companion in the rear seat
Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad –
must be
seated with a supervising companion in the
center of the bench
Sky Ride

https://www.cedarpoint.com/assets/uploads/Guest%20Assistance%20Guide%20REVISED.pdf

That guide can answer any height and rider requirement questions. However it is last years version, so there may be some changes.

• Like 3

Arighty I got my mom to look into a platinum pass, which makes me very happy!  :) That will certainly lower the cost of those such things.

I think sometime in June would be best for me and my brother Jake to go to.

Do you guys think I would have any issues fitting on rides, again this has not happened to me before but I am 6"4 and 295 pounds. I have had to be pushed down but I was able to ride everything at Kings Island that I wanted to. Any advice on this area.

I am really excited about this trip and i really hope it will happen.

The 'clan' and I are heading up for the first full week in June, which has always been really good to us. Crowds are thin, weather is usually quite nice (though heed Terp's warning - it can be unpredictable and quite (! 50°) cool - bring a fleece.

It's much cheaper to stay off-property, but I hate driving in the crowd so we eat the almost-double price of the hotels. I tried Lighthouse Point and found it lacking for the money - we're booked at Sandcastle again this year.

Platinum gets you some deals on munchies, we use the free fries and 2 drinks with the purchase of chili-cheese fries at the Happy Friar. Loved the sausage deal at the brat wagon a couple of years ago but they killed that one. Cooler and a long walk is the best way to save there.

Have a great trip - you'll love it!

• Like 4

I highly recommend Firefly Beach campground for those who have a tent or a camper, and need something WAY cheaper than the Point hotels. There is seriously nothing better than falling asleep to the sounds of the waves crashing on the beach. I think we paid 30 bucks a night during August. I really enjoy camping, I can't afford the CP hotels, and I'm cautious about any nearby hotels because of the possibility of bedbugs. This place was absolutely perfect for us.

The restaurant has awesome Lake Erie perch, and the meal can easily feed two adults. We skipped dinner at CP and had that when we got back, saved a lot of money that way.

The only downside is that in August it can get really spidery, especially if you camp under the big tree. I'm hoping to find out someday what it's like in May or June.

IMG_2299_zpsfv1zhhpu.jpg

IMG_22971_zpstes96lqg.jpg

• Like 5

I'm super excited because on my Monday, my assistant principal approved my proposal of a senior trip to Cedar Point. I am the head organizer of this trip and we will be going for the Grad Nite event. I do not know how many of my peers are going yet but based on the talk I have heard around my school, it seems like a lot of people are interested.

• Like 5

Arighty I got my mom to look into a platinum pass, which makes me very happy!  :) That will certainly lower the cost of those such things.

I think sometime in June would be best for me and my brother Jake to go to.

Do you guys think I would have any issues fitting on rides, again this has not happened to me before but I am 6"4 and 295 pounds. I have had to be pushed down but I was able to ride everything at Kings Island that I wanted to. Any advice on this area.

I am really excited about this trip and i really hope it will happen.

The 'clan' and I are heading up for the first full week in June, which has always been really good to us. Crowds are thin, weather is usually quite nice (though heed Terp's warning - it can be unpredictable and quite (! 50°) cool - bring a fleece.

It's much cheaper to stay off-property, but I hate driving in the crowd so we eat the almost-double price of the hotels. I tried Lighthouse Point and found it lacking for the money - we're booked at Sandcastle again this year.

Platinum gets you some deals on munchies, we use the free fries and 2 drinks with the purchase of chili-cheese fries at the Happy Friar. Loved the sausage deal at the brat wagon a couple of years ago but they killed that one. Cooler and a long walk is the best way to save there.

Have a great trip - you'll love it!

Thanks! I hope you have a great trip as well! 

My mom is still looking into a Platinum Pass for this year, but I need some more convincing on my part, any help anyone?  :)  ;)

Thanks!

-Josh

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And BUMP, the Jedi mind trick worked. :)

Got a platinum pass which makes a trip to Cedar Point and other Cedar Fair parks a much higher possibility. This makes me excited

Kings Island yesterday was a wake up call for me, and I am going to take that call seriously, I need to lose a lot of weight. I want to be able to go to Cedar Point and fit on everything.

However no matter the outcome, I am personally very excited for my Summer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been talking to my brother Jacob more and more.

This trip will happen in Late July- Early August, before he leaves for college.

3 days, 2 nights at CP and Breakers Express

Resort Ticket is 90$ for three days

Free Parking and Admission for me!

Total with extra contingency funds tops around 500-520$

Alrighty..... could anyone give me a guide for rides I will and probably will not fit. I know TTD and Millennium will be a tight fit, but if I lose enough weight, maybe? Cedar Creek Mine Ride is out. Wicked Twister good? I heard the wooden rollercoasters at CP are a bit more accomodating than the woodies at KI. Is Breakers Express a good hotel and a good place to stay? Soak City? 

Thanks for the answers in advance. :)

-stashua123

• Like 1

I think it really depends on where you carry your weight. TTD & MF are not very forgiving depending on the size of your waist/hips/thighs. The seat belt goes right across the widest part of my hips and the last time I visited, I had to have the ride ops buckle it. 

Wicked Twister also isn't very forgiving. But if you can fit on Drop Tower, you should be okay with Wicked Twister. I say should because it feels like a bit tighter fit than Drop Tower. Last season there was a test seat at the entrance of the ride.

You have a Platinum pass, right? If you buy his ticket at a CP hotel, he will get in during the early ride time with you. 

I hope you both have a blast! 

• Like 1