2015 KIC Off Season Poll Series Week XVII: Future of River Town

BB1

Better late than not at all, right? With the recent revelation of a possible new basketball game in River Town, it has brought about alot of speculation in our community. With that, questions on where the park will go or what should be done. What do you guys think on the new additions as of late? Should the park take a different approach to River Town in whole?

• Like 3

I think over the next few years we will see a few new additions in that area. The current construction bodes well for Rivertown's future I think. I'd like to see a flat or two added to the area, and maybe another coaster. A wing coaster or a new RMC (no conversions!) would be really cool. Or maybe a launch coaster similar to Cheetah Hunt (but not an Intamin) that kind of goes with the terrain and flies among the trees, and some added scenery.

Whatever it is, as long as Rivertown keeps most of its trees I'm happy! :)

• Like 1

So I have an idea for the crypt box.

A themed play area (adventure path). One with nets, slides and nice rock work to make it feel like a mine shaft or cave or crypt. This idea started as a free play kind of setting but then developed to a adventure path going one way using slides to set up one way flow. The adventure path would start with a thrilling elevator ride to the top level than work its way to the ground level with many different paths to choose from. Each path could have unique surprises or themes. This could be set up so everyone in the family (kid to grandparent)  could go through together with short cuts to the slides or obstacle that some people may find challenging/dislike but still have everyone actively involved in the adventure.

Influences to this idea:

Geauga Lake & Sea World nets 

COSI adventure

City Museum 

Indiana Beach Frankenstein's castle 

I realize some of the disadvantages that need to be addressed would be: liability to the guest, fire escapes, building constraints, size constraints.(what did I miss?)

What do you think? 
  • Like 3