2015 KIC Off Season Poll Series Week XVIII: Most Under Valued Area of Kings Island

BB1

Every year it seems people get excited over a new addition to a certain area of the park. Whether it be a new coaster, or a new food stand (Also where we get solid information from the Dippin' Dots Guy) it is always exciting to see growth. But, for some areas of the park, growth is lacking. From a loosely themed German area to a military base with no restrooms, it's sad to think about the loss of theme. So, which area is the most under valued area of the park, and what do you think could make it better?

• Like 3

Oktoberfest feels a little neglected. 

It has some nice things like Adventure Express and Viking Fury, has gotten some attention through the conversion into Hank's Burrito Shack. But it's fairly lacking as the things that stand out are advertised cars off the main path, a t-shirt art stand, and how virtually nothing has anything to do with Oktoberfest. :P

I think overall, Cedar Fair has done well adhering to the lacking areas of Kings Island past getting a revamped Action Zone, additions to the kid's area, Rivertown being reborn, though not totally positive as far as theming is concerned, adding a second attraction back where FOF once was a lonely (non-additional charged) attraction.. There's still work to be done to make the park feel complete everywhere, for sure. But, at least we are much closer than we have been in the recent past.

• Like 2

Kings Island is a wonderful park but has SO much opportunity for improvement. I hope they'll take a break from Cedar Point and Carowinds additions for a while, or do small things, and focus more on KI. X Base, Oktoberfest, and Rivertown ALL need some love. I'm excited to see the future of Rivertown in particular. These recent new changes could signal good things to come, I think.

All three areas have such good beginnings but really need a bit more to tie it all together and make it great. When I see them I always think "I miss the Paramount days." KI is already great but it just has an unbelievable amount of potential to be even more incredible.

• Like 2

Before this off season, I probably would have said the parking lot, but alas, that's being addressed.

Now I would have to say Oktoberfest and X-Base.  The area that lies between Backlot, Diamondback, Grand Carousel, and the Eiffel Tower has a lot of potential as well.  

• Like 2