Is the Slingshot or Xtreme Skyflyer better in your mind?

Blackhole6670

As you know I am going to Kings Island in the summer of 2016. I want to ride both these extreme rides, but want to know what your favorite of these two rides are. Which is a better ride? Why is it better? Can you explain how it works? Can you tell your on ride experience when talking about both rides? I really want to know which one is better so I know if I should ride it twice. I love thrill rides and extreme thrill rides, but want to know which one is better.

• Like 1

Xtreme Skyflyer is definitely a better experience. You get to feel a weightless fall after pulling the cord, and after that initial drop, your views are fantastic and it's very nice and breezy.

Fun ride. Not incredibly scary after the initial fall.

Slingshot, if you've ridden any launch coaster.. it's exactly that sensation, but not even as intense as Top Thrill Dragster. Slingshot is fairly fun for it's release, but after that.. it doesnt do much for me. You'll flip once, maybe 3 times if you're lucky.. otherwise it's.. meh. The sensations don't make up for the lack of view due to often facing completely up or down. Wouldn't pay money to ride it again- let alone that it's a more dangerous ride with the imense stress on the cables.

• Like 2

I much prefer Slingshot to Xtreme Skyflyer... 

Only because on Slingshot you can enjoy everything still, but while on Xtreme you get the enjoy the view for the ride to the top, and then the first swing. After that it's boring (Plus Xtreme hurts my shoulders on the initial drop)

I like Slingshot better but Skyflyer is good too! I'm not a huge fan of the wobbly bit on Skyflyer but that's probably just me when I ride it. Also remember the point about $5 tickets. I buy them early when they are $5 and then you can redeem them anytime on the day of purchase. Or at least that's been the policy for the past few years on Slingshot not 100% sure if it's the same for Skyflyer but I can't imagine them being different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1