Is Firehawk or Vortex better?

Blackhole6670

These are both two coasters I want to ride when I go to Kings Island, but I am not sure Firehawk is a good starting coaster. The other coaster I was thinking was Vortex but I am not sure. Which coaster is better? Why? Can you tell your on ride experiences for ether ride or both? I am planning to ride these, but am not sure which to ride first. I have ridden a roller coaster with loops but I have not ridden a flying coaster just in case you are wondering. After voting please say why you voted what you did.

Definitely Firehawk first, then Flight of Fear. Everything else is a lot less important for what order you hit it, but those are low capacity and quite popular, so you want to do them before lines have time to develop.

As for which is better, that is an absolutely impossible question to answer objectively. They are my two favorite coasters at the park personally, but they each have a very unique set of forces compared to one another and which you'll enjoy more greatly depends on what you look for in a ride.

• Like 4

I don't ride either that often, but I personally prefer Vortex to Firehawk. However as to the question of which you should ride first, I'll go ahead an echo everyone's sentiment that Firehawk first thing in the morning will save you a ton of time. If you wait until later in the day you will probably wait at least 45 minutes to an hour in what I consider to be one of the worst queue lines at Kings Island.

• Like 2

Vortex's line could be backed up clear to Juke Box Diner and you'd barely be waiting a half hour.

Vortex and Adventure Express are my go to rides if the park is extremely packed. Their lines are both very deceiving when they spill out of their respective queues.

• Like 2

Doesn't seem possible that this will be Firehawk's 10th season at the park (right?).  

Given it's construction as a template coaster that can fit anywhere flat... anyone think it would become part of a coaster rotation with other CF parks like Paramount was prepping to do with its next door neighbor (FoF)?

• Like 1

Doesn't seem possible that this will be Firehawk's 10th season at the park (right?).  

Given it's construction as a template coaster that can fit anywhere flat... anyone think it would become part of a coaster rotation with other CF parks like Paramount was prepping to do with its next door neighbor (FoF)?

If anything it would either be scrapped or sold. They could have easily moved Shockwave at KD to a park that hasn't seen a coaster addition in a long time ( Michigan's Adventure ) and we didn't see that happen. ( sadly )

[Firehawk and Flight of Fear] are my two favorite coasters at the park personally

Roller coaster preferences certainly evolve and even alternate for many enthusiasts. I'd be hard-pressed to name my favorite thing to ride at any particular park.

Still, coming from you, I'm shocked. That one multi-looping Toomer's still there, at least according to the 2016 park map.

:)

• Like 2

I had originally used "they" in reference to Vortex and Firehawk. However, in doing so, my intent was somewhat ambiguous. So because I chose to use a pronoun instead of actually specifying "Vortex and Firehawk", it left the meaning of my original post open for interpretation (or misinterpretation).

• Like 1

Coasters have useful lives. And a TOGO standup really isn't comparable to a Vekoma Flying Dutchman. Note that all three of the former that Paramount Parks owned are out of North American service.... There are doubtless many reasons for that.

but Thunderhawk ( a Vekoma SLC ) was?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...