New Family Care Center for 2016

CedarPointer

That's a good catch!

"The façade of the Family Care Center features the unique style of a Fischer Home with a covered porch while the inside offers all the comforts of home including restrooms, electrical outlets, charging stations, Wi-Fi services, televisions, refrigeration and ice, and hot water.

Available at no additional charge."

Free outlets and charging stations? This is going to be very popular :)

Curious where exactly it is/will be. It just said on International Street near the tower, but I can't think exactly where it would fit.

• Like 2

I wonder what happens to the facade when the Fischer Homes sponsorship comes to an end? 

If the end of the BMW license is any indication, we'll end up with a cream-colored, vaguely-house-shaped blob with its doors, windows, and mirrors gone. :P 

• Like 11

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, when browsing the KI website under  100 reason, then entertainment, there is a Dog Show mentioned,a acrobatic show called Oracle (I think), along with the Hollywood  Musical review and some other shows from last season.

That's being discussed in the 2016 Season topic

• Like 2

Yes. And it's "revue" . NOT "review".
The only people that are making reviews are usually found on this website in some fashion.

This Family Care Center, I'm pretty sure will take over the old, brandless location. Having the extra money maybe helped pay for some extra amenities that weren't available in the baby care area. 

• Like 5

I loved the baby care center the last couple of years. With a toddler in tow it's nice to have a ACd place (since we don't have many trees cough cough) to sit and let him cool down. Also they had a microphone and changing tables/family rest rooms.

I know recently I have become a sort of old man cranky on here about some things but the children's area and this area in particular are out of the world great. Don if you read one post from me all year the crew that have been in the baby/family center and the crews running the littlest of the rides have been outstanding. It's the reason we keep getting passes. Our little guy is too small for anything outside of the kids area. Your crew there honestly makes it one of the best days.

Now back to complaining about trees, smoking areas, and trams....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

For some of our non-French speakers on here "Revue" is French for "Review". As trademarks go, be precise, but really it's just some French mixed in with English that means literally what it sounds like.

Anyways off my French Soap Box, I honestly believe this could be a cool location. A nice facade, maybe a few small bushes and flowers, it will serve as a great advertisement for Fischer Home. As well, a great family meet up point, as to meet "back at the house" is already common family lingo. My only question is how it will be run, as I could see this area getting crowded, quickly. To have a limit on guests or to have an expansive area? Also, I wonder how well it could be the lost kids area as it might not be this location as if it is to be mainly a family relaxation point, the dual role of being a lost children's area seems a bit much.

• Like 3

I loved the baby care center the last couple of years. With a toddler in tow it's nice to have a ACd place (since we don't have many trees cough cough) to sit and let him cool down. Also they had a microphone and changing tables/family rest rooms.

I know recently I have become a sort of old man cranky on here about some things but the children's area and this area in particular are out of the world great. Don if you read one post from me all year the crew that have been in the baby/family center and the crews running the littlest of the rides have been outstanding. It's the reason we keep getting passes. Our little guy is too small for anything outside of the kids area. Your crew there honestly makes it one of the best days.

Now back to complaining about trees, smoking areas, and trams....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get a double "like" from me on that.

I also like that there is a good eyeline across the area. I can take in a good amount of Planet Snoopy from where I stand, which is important when there is more than one kid.

And yes, my desire for Tower Gardens to be grand again clouded my judgement on the location of the New Lost Parents. Of course it would be where the parent would likley to get lost.

(I just see that blank area by the Eiffel Tower and wish otherwise.)

• Like 1

For some of our non-French speakers on here "Revue" is French for "Review". As trademarks go, be precise, but really it's just some French mixed in with English that means literally what it sounds like.

Anyways off my French Soap Box, I honestly believe this could be a cool location. A nice facade, maybe a few small bushes and flowers, it will serve as a great advertisement for Fischer Home. As well, a great family meet up point, as to meet "back at the house" is already common family lingo. My only question is how it will be run, as I could see this area getting crowded, quickly. To have a limit on guests or to have an expansive area? Also, I wonder how well it could be the lost kids area as it might not be this location as if it is to be mainly a family relaxation point, the dual role of being a lost children's area seems a bit much.

Interesting! But looking into is it seems the English usage of revue means literally the kind of shows with a variety or series of short sketches be it songs, skits, stories.

Whereas the French revue is literally review, having the same definition of review. So I will continue to advocate for revue usage :)

• Like 3