Origins 2016

Magenta Lizard

I thought I'd start a topic since I'm sure we'll ultimately have a lot to say about the new show.

So far, from KI's "100 Reasons" (https://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-s-new/100-reasons), we have a name, Origins, and that it will be an acrobatic show. I think we can assume that it will be the new show produced by Productions Haut-Vol, although I haven't been able to dig up anything official.

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

True, I really wish we could have any of them back again. We may yet, I don't know. When I was being all nosy last month, the ones I looked up were all far-flung*, but that's not saying they couldn't be coming back. I would be ecstatic if Julien Roberge, from the 2014 season, were coming back, I still miss watching him in the air. Last I heard he was working in a Cirque du Soleil show, though.

*it was pretty funny for me when I was looking through pictures from a production halfway around the world that one of last year's performers was supposed to be working on, to see if I could pick him out, and instead I recognized a different one of last year's performers, who was apparently working in the same show. Not Haut-Vol, tho.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard yet what day will be the day off? The website hasn't yet been updated with show times, and I'd be really disappointed if I go this week on their day off.

A pic from the preview:

60655f3ef60bee60c11b40cb4aef87a4.jpg

I think there is a small chance one of the performers from last year's show has returned. One of the monkey/lizards kept saying to the other one what sounded like "Mika", possibly Michael? The one he was talking to does look like he could be Mike's form and height (their suits are oddly padded, and they're heavily made up so it makes it a little difficult).

f7d125f3341fdfdaa9c150d8438a7717.jpg

• Like 5

None of the performers are from last year...subject to change that may happen...or may not...interpret as you feel...but at some point you may recognize someone from season 1 of imagine....

Show times and off day are same as last year. Off Tuesday and 3, 5, 7 remaining days except Saturday as noted above

• Like 5

Sometimes not having documentation is better than having documentation :P

You did a fabulous job, but the people surrounding me kept trying to video the show, so the ushers were on-top of them, so I was not pulling my phone out for a photo.  But the person I saw pulled up didn't look middle-aged but more like a 20-something!

Enjoy THIS cast while we have them...

• Like 5

I have been. Even the one "gnome" who had been a little more subdued previously is really starting to get into it and show his own distinct personality. I had a ton of fun on stage with them!

But yeah, lack of documentation can be a good thing sometimes too. I probably would have been a bit more reserved if I knew someone I know was watching.

• Like 3

If anyone else happened to be at today's 3:00 showing and got pics of the weird middle aged lady with pigtails who got on stage during the painting scene, I'd love to see them :)

The perils of visiting the park solo, no documentation sometimes.

That's pretty sweet, did they just pick you out of the crowd?

• Like 3

They pick from the same area each time. I chose to sit there, to try to get picked.

I'm concerned one of the "gnomes" hurt himself at the 5:00. He kind of took the tramp wall to his chest, when he was a little too low to get back on it. He continued for a little bit, kinda rubbing where he hit, then went off stage and didn't come out for bows. I hope it isn't serious :( He is the one I've come to think of as "Suspenders": the one who counts the balls out while "Pilot Smurf" juggles.

• Like 4

A pic from the preview:

60655f3ef60bee60c11b40cb4aef87a4.jpg

OMG is that the ball trick they are famous for?  *Wink Wink * Nudge Nudge...

The reveal is one of the best in the business.  If you catch my drift.  If you catch my meaning.  *Wink Wink

Edited by Existential

Sometimes not having documentation is better than having documentation :P

You did a fabulous job, but the people surrounding me kept trying to video the show, so the ushers were on-top of them, so I was not pulling my phone out for a photo.  But the person I saw pulled up didn't look middle-aged but more like a 20-something!

Enjoy THIS cast while we have them...

and now I can say enjoy THIS cast.  and soon I can say enjoy THIS cast.  and soon I can say enjoy THIS cast.  and soon I can say enjoy THIS cast.  and soon I can say enjoy THIS cast.  and soon I can say enjoy THIS cast.  and soon I can say enjoy THIS cast.

See if you can interpret THIS ;)

• Like 2

Today there was a new performer replacing the one who had been doing the slack rope act. He has long dark hair. While he is good on the slack rope, he did not do the tightrope walk at the top of the stage like his predecessor. The rope was still up there, but unused in the performance.

I have no idea if this is a permanent change or not.

The two monkey/lizards seem to be named, at least as far as the performances go, Packo and Jacko.

Suspenders was not seriously injured the other day, and is back performing very well. He's grown on me a lot since the first few shows I saw; he has a cute personality that is coming out now.

• Like 1

Some random observations from the second show yesterday (my third time watching this season)-

During the pre-show, the "volunteer ladder holder," this time a guy who usually is first-in-line and who appears to really enjoy these shows, did a great, spot-on Cirque clown impression, causing the whole house to laugh and applaud.

I'm not entirely sure, but it looked like the purple clowns did an improvised, Vaudevillian 'walk-by' in the background during the portrait scene... I don't seem to recall that from the first day of the show. It did add a little more to the bit, which for the most part had been somewhat static, with an artist, two gnomes playing around with a seated "volunteer," and a gnome just standing there playing various percussion instruments.

I'm used to seeing more tramp wall performers. They seemed to be down one acrobat during the co-routine with the trapeze. Hope everyone's well!

I've decided my favorite music is the Egyptian-sounding soundtrack to the tramp wall/trapeze act. Simply mesmerizing, especially with the spot-on drummer!

• Like 2