Origins 2016

Magenta Lizard

^Soon the "dude looks like a lady" performer will leave to be replaced by the original. 

I have said previously enjoy THIS cast.  The next several performing days I can say now enjoy THIS cast...

Duo know more...and does the cat, eh ferret have my tongue, and am I slacking... :P

Maybe one of these days my posts can be 10% the level Terpy's would be in this situation

• Like 6

I saw the 3:30 show today. I actually miss the drummer. The opening animal-clown bit seemed to drag, and the juggling act was a mess, and the people behind me kept complaining, so I left before the painting segment. I felt bad for the troupe, but I know it'll all gel soon.

• Like 2

Apparently on Nicolas' Snapchat today was his last day at Kings Island performing with Charlotte. Wonder what they will replace the Hand2Hand with.

I'd love to follow the other performers on social media... Do you know their names?

https://twitter.com/njelmoni

Nicolas' Twitter- You'll be able to find his Snapchat username under the same username if that makes any sense at all.

• Like 1

I had the opportunity to see the two new acts that replace the previous two duos.

e29d162c5006b4572fc825287009e7b1.jpg

Hand2Hand has been replaced by a fabulous solo act, a young lady with incredible control over rings. She must be seen to be believed. Yet another performer who exudes personality, even after the first performance I was completely drawn in. I will be sad not seeing more of Nicolas and Charlotte, but I would also regret never having seen the new act. I am looking forward to watching many more times.

e4a37f2e4938c9ed8f84058b63cd684d.jpg

The trapeze act has been replaced by a pair doing an act I haven't seen before. Athletically, I feel like it is even more amazing than what it replaced. However, so far, I am still very much missing Yannick (tattooed gnome) from the rest of the show. I can tell I will grow to like the new performer, but he needs to find his own role. So far he is doing a pale imitation of Yannick, which doesn't fit him.

Yesterday also marked the last day for two other performers: "Jacko", the vocal member of the monkey-lizard pair, and Zeph, the replacement slack-rope performer. Both will be missed.

The original rope walker will be returning, which was unsurprising, but I was pleasantly surprised by the other change. When I first saw the man from the new act, he reminded me of Josh who performed in Cirque Imagine two years ago (he is most memorable to me as the first "Nico" I saw perform, after Nico was injured but before Carl took on the role). Asking about that, I was told "no, Josh doesn't start until Wednesday." The man in the new act is new to KI, but Josh is returning in the role as a monkey-lizard!

I'm going to miss the first performer a lot, but it is great to be seeing a face from KI Cirque history, too.

• Like 4

^I was hooping you would like the new act - she's a real ringer.  And I wasn't Joshing around in another post earlier in the thread mentioning to Imagine the possibilities (referred to as gimpy lol for those that need a little more deciphering)  :P

Stay tuned for another clue soon....and now I can say enjoy THIS cast (come WED that is)...

• Like 6

Well, I enjoyed THIS cast yesterday

2345f5620bb81e5d7468e6ac7fb7a2ff.jpg

Although, the new ring act was sadly missing from the show. I hope that isn't permanent but I'm glad I had the opportunity to see her perform three times Monday.

It was great to see the tightrope get some action again, since the original rope-walker is back. They sort of cobbled the show together around the missing act, and threw the high tightrope walk into its spot. Rather than use the Hand2Hand/Rings music, they let the drummer have the time to just go solo. That was nice to hear.

When I saw Josh, I was surprised. I remember him, but he was not who I was remembering when I talked about "Josh" the other day. Looking back at my notes, I seem to have mentally filed what Jonathan Julian looked like when he was in clown makeup (rather than when he later wore black and silver and took part in the Hand2Hand act), as a different person, who I misremembered as "Josh". So, when I said the new guy who is part of the final act reminds me of "Josh", what I really thought was that he looks like Jonathan.

So I feel kind of stupid, but I'm still happy to see Josh back. He's putting his own twist on the "Jacko" role which has been interesting to see.

4ef0945a2b1c08dcf56245cf327912f2.jpg

Although it actually first showed up at the final show Monday, this new ball makes the pre-show make more sense to the whole audience. I think sometimes it was hard to see where the vine was, when it was pulled away, etc. which made it difficult to understand why the animals were behaving the ways they were. This makes the end of the vine very visible, and gives them a clear object to be attempting to grab

186bf3376359c966f958792644ccf7bb.jpg

The trampoline act has four people again. The original rope walker has rejoined, but currently Josh is not replacing his predecessor in that act due to an injury. So, they have brought in a temporary replacement for Josh in that act only

cb359c1cc2793df4410b3ce0c3da80f2.jpg

I continue to be charmed by the new woman who is doing the final act. She is not only extremely talented, she is very expressive. After nailing a particularly difficult series of tricks, she did a happy jig at the top of the apparatus and let out a squeal. It was adorable.

Can't wait to see what THIS cast will be next time I get to see the show!

• Like 6

I got to see the new acts. They're both very good, but the ring lady is really phenomenal. The way she flips the rings almost feels like an illusion--the way she whirls and flings them around herself doesn't seem possible. Hand2Hand was great, but the only part of it I find myself missing is that momentary pause in the music where those two would quickly flip around into that lean--that was just a really neat effect that gave me chills. The ring performance is a suitable replacement in every other way.

I love seeing the show reach a "sweet spot" as time goes by. Cirque did it twice, and Origins is doing it. Even the painting portion seems like it flows much better than it did during the passholder preview. It's still very much a pause in the action, but I think they've found a much better balance between the time taken to paint, the way they ramp up "decorating" the audience participant, the distractions in the background, etc.

I do miss Yannick, though. He really did have a fun personality for the show. I'm sure the new performers will get better and better at putting their personalities into their performances. The juggler/painter (whose name I don't know) has really put a lot of charisma and fun into his role, too.

Also, Magenta Lizard... If you wouldn't mind, I'm still dying to get my hands on the Origins song list. Pretty please? :)

• Like 2

Other than the ones I posted (Valse des Marionettes and Ask a Muppet), I can't nail anything down, unfortunately. The results Shazam gave me for some were wrong, and others I couldn't get it to ID at all. I had thought maybe the live drummer was what threw it off, so I tried the day he wasn't there. Still no luck, unfortunately.

The parts of the ring act that amazed me the most were also the most subtle. She can wing them around extremely fast, but what is really impressive to me is when she makes one appear to freeze in place, but it is still actually moving. It's so cool visually, and must take exceptional control. Especially when she is keeping one or more others spinning furiously with other parts of her body.

• Like 3

I do miss Yannick, though. He really did have a fun personality for the show. I'm sure the new performers will get better and better at putting their personalities into their performances. The juggler/painter (whose name I don't know) has really put a lot of charisma and fun into his role, too.

Also, Magenta Lizard... If you wouldn't mind, I'm still dying to get my hands on the Origins song list. Pretty please? :)

TombRaiderFTW, I could not agree more; I miss Yannick too. He was my favorite cast member and Orgins won't be the same without him. However, I have been encouraged to see the new acts, so I may see the show again when I get a chance.

Also, I'm guessing the same music is used for the ring act as was used for Hand2Hand; can someone confirm?

• Like 3

Other than the ones I posted (Valse des Marionettes and Ask a Muppet), I can't nail anything down, unfortunately. The results Shazam gave me for some were wrong, and others I couldn't get it to ID at all. I had thought maybe the live drummer was what threw it off, so I tried the day he wasn't there. Still no luck, unfortunately.

Okay! Thank you very much for looking into it and for the reply. I'll have to try some Shazam-like apps to see if I can ID any songs myself.

• Like 4