Origins 2016

Magenta Lizard

My Dad and I caught the 3:00 show on Fathers' Day (Sunday), and it was just magic! That ring performer blew us away, and the new, sideways strength/acrobat piece interlaced with the trampoline act was superb!  I must say, I love the Egyptian (or Indian)-sounding music during that exchange. It is absolutely mesmerizing! Very good show!

• Like 4

With regard to the unidentifiable music, has anyone here considered that perhaps some of the music was composed specifically for this show and thus can't be found by song recognition apps? That would be really cool if they created new music just for our show. :)

• Like 4

Magenta Lizard, this is for you!

I saw Cirque Imagine at Kings Dominion on Tuesday and Carowinds on Thursday.

At KD, the emcee pronounced the title "EEEMAHJEAN"  ;)

This KD show was really good; the bike guy was the same one from KI last year.  The bike guy at Cwinds was good, but seemed unsure of himself at times. 

The performers at Cwinds, I recognized from KI were  two of the "clowns"-they guy who gets the girl, and the tall one.  The other "clown" was a female. (KD had a female clown too).  The black and white performers, I recognized most of them too. 

KD had the act with the red bowling pin juggle, Cwinds had the ring.  Both locations had some added acts that were great.  Cwinds theater is smaller with a lower ceiling, so instead of the clowns coming from the ceiling, they had a metal track that went from the back of the theater, from the ceiling, almost like a zipline.

Both parks were not crowded (coaster waits were almost like ERT at Coasterstock, for example, I was able to ride Fury 325 4 times in 29 minutes!) but at KD, there were only maybe 75 members of the audience, and they were not very active.  Cwinds, on the other hand, had a packed audience, and they were most certainly  into it!  Clapping, oohing and awing.  I even saw some people crying at points.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So, I saw Cirque with the new acts and...

it was bittersweet. The first new act featuring

the woman with the rings was amazing- she reminded me of the Pokemon Hoopa!

However, the second one didn't totally wow me. That is probably because I still very much miss Yannick. In fact, I got super sad (I hardly ever cry, but I was very close to tears)

at the start of the ball act as he always helped set this act up.

However, I did get a bit of closure after the show as I got to talk with someone about where DuoFannick is now. So, will I see it again? Maybe. But only for that one new act!

Also, the drummer is back :)

• Like 4

I have a young friend I made through Cirque who was acting as director of where we (his family, and a couple other groups of children and parents who are big fans of the show) sat during yesterday's shows. He wanted to try out sitting in some of the different locations where the performers come out and interact with the audience during the shows. Usually he prefers the fifth row center, where the two monkey/lizards come through a few times during the preshow.

For the third show last night, we were all sitting left front. We left open seats next to the kids in the front row, because often the performers will choose such seats to sit in and "play" with audience members. I sat in the row behind, intending to get some pics of the shenanigans.

When I realized it was close to the part where they come off stage to sit, I got my camera app up and ready to take pics of the performers with the kids. Suddenly, Mike (the one I used to refer to as Suspenders) was sitting next to me! I had the presence of mind to switch to front facing camera, and he immediately caught on and posed for a selfie!

6d9d762b3b50e5643c89f54caf9e052d.jpg

It's particularly cool because as I've watched the show, I'll admit he has grown into my favorite.

I love this cast!

• Like 10

I've become a fan of George (not sure if that's how he spells his name), the Juggler/Pilot/Artiste. I'm just enjoying the reactions of every new audience, and the neat little touches, such as:

The skateboard and "Call me!" gag behind the painting sequence, and:

The blue light balls added to the drop vines.

One thing that is glaringly in need of fixing is the new intro of the show between the 'pre-show' and the sway pole. I think they could start what has been the pre-show at the top of the hour, so that there's not this awkward pause in the action (although, the cat-laser gag is a cute touch).

Gave the 5:00 show a standing ovation!

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Dangit!

I heard on Monday from an employee outside the theater that the reason they were opening the doors late was that they were practicing with a new performer, but he didn't know anything beyond that.

So is there a new juggler/painter, new act(s), or just an empty hole in the show?

Going to miss him.

• Like 4

While I would have liked to see the new juggler we won't be there again until next Friday (we normally go every weekend but can't this weekend).  That being said, we go to every show each day we are there hoping to get the painting, so I am very happy Jorge should be back before we go again.  I have a few vacation days I am taking from work over the next couple of weeks and the hope was we get to go to more shows for more chances at the painting.  

Last night, when Don and Greg were climbing the ladder to get to the Mystic Timbers announcement podium, people in the crowd were going "Okay.... okay.... ohhh-kaaaaay" like the Origins clown-acrobats!  :lol:

I also like the new juggler! Glad to hear Jorge is coming back! The "Artistic Artiste" scene had grown on me, and it was sorely missing from the show.

• Like 5

BUT...he may be back....and many may stay and perform until August 21st....(original end date was the 14th)

That makes me happy to have an extra week to get to see it. My July has been crazy and I haven't had a chance to return to KI since the end of June. I want to see the show at least two more times!