Origins 2016

Magenta Lizard

Today there was a new performer replacing the one who had been doing the slack rope act. He has long dark hair. While he is good on the slack rope, he did not do the tightrope walk at the top of the stage like his predecessor. The rope was still up there, but unused in the performance.

I have no idea if this is a permanent change or not.

The two monkey/lizards seem to be named, at least as far as the performances go, Packo and Jacko.

Suspenders was not seriously injured the other day, and is back performing very well. He's grown on me a lot since the first few shows I saw; he has a cute personality that is coming out now.

See my post immediately before your post ;)

and soon I can say enjoy THIS cast...

• Like 2

Yeah, I figured that was what you meant, but without further reporting, no one else here would know something had changed unless they saw the show too. I hope the next change is an awesome new additional act, because I hate losing performers I've come to enjoy.

I did forget to mention that they were down a tramp wall performer. The one who previously did the slack rope and tight rope was the fourth on the wall. So with him gone, his replacement isn't doing that part of the act (yet, probably) either.

Something else I forgot to mention, I bet they are having a lot of the paintings left behind at guest services. I didn't really recognize just how large it was until I went to pick mine up. It was surprisingly heavy, and took up nearly the entire width of my SUV bed. I can't imagine trying to take one home in a car, especially one that is loaded with people and supplies for a family day out to KI. It could possibly fit in some trunks but I wouldn't count on it.

This is a pic of it behind my couch, with added cat for scale:

4e6d9181e4828c932e0a1e1c82f52f58.jpg

It's my favorite piece of art I own now, but I understand most people aren't as into cirque or KI as I am (last year I only finally got one of the t-shirts they tossed into the audience, despite trying very many times, because whoever did catch one just threw it into the mulch outside the theater). I wonder how long they keep ones that are unclaimed, and if they paint over them in black and use them again?

• Like 7

:)

I'm imagining someone riding Steel Force with that.

You see, years ago, Dorney Park had gotten sued over a lost/stolen article in a coaster

station. Despite signs saying "Dorney Park Is Not Responsible For Lost Articles," the park lost.

For several years thereafter, there were no bins in stations. Nothing was allowed to be left behind.

And, believe it or not, the rule was, I kid you not, everything must go with you. I saw large Teddy bears, huge handbags, hand held cell phones (they were much heavier back then, too)...

Then again, this same park used crossed lower arms raised high as "Dispatch!", checked bars on Steel Force only by looking, not tugging, etc.

• Like 3

Fortunately, there is no need to carry it around the park! The ushers give you a slip of paper that IDs which showing you were on stage, and you use it to pick up the painting at guest services later at your convenience. So you only need to take it out to the parking lot. Fortunately I was parked close, because it was windy and that thing becomes quite the sail!

I remember when I was younger it was quite the thing for teenage guys to win big stuffed animals and carry them all over the park, through ride queues, and if I'm not mistaken, on rides. I've only seen someone with one in a queue one time in the last three years, and it was actually a somewhat older smallish woman with one of those big stuffed gorillas in the FoF outside queue of all places.

• Like 7

I did forget to mention that they were down a tramp wall performer. The one who previously did the slack rope and tight rope was the fourth on the wall. So with him gone, his replacement isn't doing that part of the act (yet, probably) either.

As gimpy as it appears, re-read one of my other posts for an interpretative clue ;)

• Like 2

b4ce4c0b8b619084e71de7189c73260f.jpg

I love this cast so much! Look at all that personality encapsulated in one pic. What was really funny to me is that while we were having the picture taken, "Jacko" kept nuzzling me, and he was making a noise I can only describe as a purr the whole time. That's why I'm laughing in the pic.

The other performers pictured, from left to right, and my current mental designations (I could ask names, but it takes away the joy of discovery :))

Pilot Smurf: he does both the juggling act and painting act, both very well, which makes him ostensibly the "star" of the show.

Charlotte and Nicolas, although I think of their act as Titania and Oberon (from A Midsummer Night's Dream): in their Hand2Hand performance, they are the true machines of the show. Much like Trevor the Bycrobat in previous years, they have come out and done amazing things in a consistently perfect manner.

Princess Puck: a tiny woman with a giant character, she expertly performs on the dual trapeze with...

Tattooed Gnome: his character is just a total trip. He is very high energy, with a bit of implied naughtiness.

Suspenders: he has a slightly silly goofiness that charms me whenever I watch him.

From a prior performance

f22852d70dd89aa5edfb199e4105f856.jpg

Proud Smurf: until last weekend, the slack and tight rope performer

The Drummer: usually seen high on his perch, I don't think a lot of people realize he is the one playing hand instruments during the artist sketch

Packo: the quieter half of the monkey/lizard team, he is still not lacking in fun personality

And finally

922b476b88afc3256d64a5ff6ed8d0b9.jpg

The replacement rope walker. I haven't come up with a name for him yet.

• Like 7

The first slack rope performer was at two shows today seated in the crowd favoring one of his ankles and walking with a cane. Looks like some sort of sprain. He'll likely return soon.

I can assure you that was not the first slack rope performer as he has left the country.  Interpret one (or more) of my earlier posts in this thread for identity and role of gimpy....

• Like 2

I had to go back to the photos I took at the preview and look hard to see what you were talking about. I think one might be forgiven for not noticing the change, they do look remarkably similar in the makeup and costume. Second rope performer even closely mimics the first one's bearing. There are some facial differences and a more significant difference in physique that I hadn't noticed until reviewing the pics. Even still, I'd be tempted to believe it was the same guy if I wasn't being told different (I mean, look at those hands!)

373d6745fde2721b2a8ac4771bb0d2e4.jpg

4dc1dabd3a53c785dbd4ae1fc7f16790.jpg

As far as I know, the second one is the one I've seen more often: I think the first one I only saw at the preview. I thought the performer was just trying more intense tricks than he had in the preview, I didn't realize it was a change to a more skilled performer. I'm disturbed he was injured, I hate to see any of them hurt. I hope to see him back again soon.

• Like 4

I was disappointed by Origins. I felt it lacked the "awe" that Imagine had. I mean, a whole segment of someone painting a portrait? It was cool but not too exciting. The trampoline part, which was my favorite last year, is very lackluster this year. I didn't find it too thrilling. And I also very much miss the bike guy. I don't know, I honestly didn't find Origins to be that great.

• Like 1

The only part that I didn't like was when my nine year old niece asked me if the slack rope performer was a boy or a girl.  I replied that I didn't know.  After the show, she told me he was a boy.  I asked how she knew and she replied she could see his (insert nine year old term for male anatomy) in his tight pants.

I never noticed it, but I have noticed that the costumes are quite tight!

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up! If Snapchat weren't such a terrible app to use for social media, I'd already know about it! :)

Seriously, look at its app reviews. Not popular, not good, barely functional.

So, who is this? In makeup, but not matching makeup, and I don't recognize him from the nearly dozen times I've seen the show...

87c9a205065dabbf55a226680965ac7e.jpg

White pants, only Nicolas wears those but it doesn't seem like him. Did they change out the performer in Hand2Hand?

• Like 2

We went last night for the first time with a group of 9-13 year olds and three adults. the adults all liked Cirque Imagine better but the kids likes Origins. They all said it was because it was "funnier". They really liked how the show interacted more this year than previous years but us moms missed the bike portion...

• Like 4

^That is the original hand2hand Nicolas - hard to tell because of the close-up and without the headpiece.  Our duo's are partner acts for some time and not likely to have an individual switched out as part of the duo.  Duo know if an act will be replaced though - cat has my tongue :P

• Like 2

I saw all three performances today and I really think this cast has hit their stride. The new slack line guy is amazing and the show seems to be getting better and better. Also, the drummer wasn't there today, but with the exception of

the juggling act

and the finale, I didn't really feel his absence. What I'm trying to say is that the drumming adds something to the show, but when taken away, it doesn't totally take away from the show either. 

• Like 3