Universal Studios Is Opening A Willy Wonka Chocolate Fancy Resteraunt

"Willy Wonka-esque." ;)I wonder how the licencors of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory feel about all these headlines?

Here's information from Universal:

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/toothsome-chocolate-factory/

This will replace the NBA City location across the lagoon at CityWalk. (NBA had signed a deal with Disney instead, to bring an NBA-themed restaurant to Disney Springs to replace the massive DisneyQuest. That deal apparently fell through. Good news for Universal, though, since this is a much more compelling and interesting concept to me.) If only Hershey sponsored the restaurant. I don't care for their chocolate really, but I sure do love their chocolate factory dark ride. Would've been wildly cool to see a version of it in Orlando. 

• Like 3

"Willy Wonka-esque." ;)I wonder how the licencors of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory feel about all these headlines?

Don't even get me started on that whole thing. Am I the only one that dislikes Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory? How come nowadays we get so ticked off when movies don't stay true to the books, yet Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory gets a pass?! The movie Charlie & The Chocolate Factory was nearly identical to the book (besides Willy's backstory) and they actually used the name of the book as the title!!

I understand the "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" idea, because it's his factory and all, but that's not what Roald Dahl had written. He even said he didn't like the movie that much. He would've loved the Johnny Depp remake - er, original, honestly. :)

Well that was a waste of a post, but, besides that, this looks really awesome. I love candy stores...Chicago has an awesome Hershey's store, I can't imagine what Universal could do with this.

• Like 2

I think a Wonka version would be wonderful and Quaker Oats owns the rights to Wonka. Who wouldn't want to have their meal and chocolate served to them by an Oompa Loompa?

Those rights were sold to the Nestlé in 1988.
  • Like 1

I recall going to the Cincinnati premiere of the Gene Wilder movie, and I recall getting the chocolate bar. I saved the wrapper from long ago, but I can't say if I still have it.

My aunt worked for a radio station, and we got tickets to premieres in Cincinnati because we were the only nieces/nephew who could stay in our seats and answer questions afterwards.

i don't see me falling down twice and skinning both knees in my reckless rush to experience this eatery. Even though I was disappointed when the Wonka brand veered away from chocolate and into dextrose hard candy, I really don't like choclate.

• Like 2