What coasters have cameras that take a picture?

Blackhole6670

I was wondering because I know that some coasters have a camera that takes a picture of you on the ride but not all of them. Which coasters have a camera? Where is the camera on those coasters? Can you post your pictures of you on the rides that have cameras on them ( does not matter what coaster )? How much do pictures cost from the cameras to get for yourself? Also how much does the video for slingshot cost? Any answers are helpful.

- Diamondback - located in a curved up dip right before Mid Course Break Run

- Banshee - located in first loop

- The Beast - located in first drop into tunnel

- Vortex - located in the last two inversion elements

- Race for Your Life Charlie Brown - located on the final Splashdown hill

- Woodstock Express - located at second drop

- The Great Pumpkin Coaster - located at first drop

Honorable Mention:

On-Ride photos recently removed: Boo Blasters on Boo Hill & Flight of Fear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

There are cameras (and respectively, on-ride photos) on a number of rides at Kings Island. The on-ride photo rides and locations are as follows: Diamondback (in dip before helix that comes before MCBR), Beast (first drop???), Woodstock Express (first drop???), Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown! (Bottom of big drop!), Vortex (lowest point of boomerang), Banshee (either after dive loop or vertical loop, I can't remember) and Firehawk (bottom of first drop, in flying position). There may be more, but I don't remember. I know that Flight of Fear used to have an on-ride photo directly after the launch (as did Backlot at one point?) and Flying Ace used to have an on-ride photo near the turn over the station iirc.

As for cost, I'm not sure of the cost of On-Ride photos as I typically don't buy my pics after I ride. Most of the ride's respective photo booths are outside of or near the ride's exit.

As for the question about posting pictures, I'm going to defer to Terpy or our admins as I don't know the policies. However, I do know that you are not allowed to take a picture of your on-ride photo with your phone or a camera.

Finally, as for the Slingshot question, I don't know. I do know that the price of both Slingshot and Skyflier go up as the day goes on, so get your ticket(s) early at the low price; that way, you can come back later to ride and you'll likely pay only $5 per rider instead of $15-$20 per rider. 

Hope this helps! :)

EDIT: D'OH! Italian Job 2005 beat me to it! And I forgot about Great Pumpkin and Boo Blaster's (past) photo spots. 

• Like 3

As for pricing, it varies by year. Since the park isn't open yet, and there's a new photo program available, daily pricing may change dramatically from years' past.

On ride photos have been posted here in the past. It is true you cannot just take a picture of a photo you did not buy. That's called theft.

• Like 4

At Disneyland, on-ride photos are displayed on large projected screens at face-level with no watermark and no Cast Member around. They're available for purchase at kiosks that come up later along the exit path, but most ride exits are clogged by guests taking photos of their on-ride photos. A tacit endorsement?

A quick search for Splash Mountain Photos on Google yields many results, most of which are photographs taken on cell phones of the projected screens. 

• Like 3

I agree. However, Disney is typically in it for every cent they can get. It's odd that they appear content with making on-ride photos easily accessible to the public on every single attraction.

Could it be that enough guests go on to purchase the real thing anyway?

Could it be that enough guests pre-purchase PhotoPass bundles and packages to warrant the accessible photos?

Could it be that the attractions at Disneyland were often built before we all had HD cameras in our pockets? But then, why doesn't Disney change it?

Could it be that Disney doesn't mind guests taking photos of their photos, period?

Just some interesting thoughts!

• Like 6

- Diamondback - located in a curved up dip right before Mid Course Break Run

- Banshee - located in first loop

- The Beast - located in first drop into tunnel

- Vortex - located in the last two inversion elements

- Race for Your Life Charlie Brown - located on the final Splashdown hill

- Woodstock Express - located at second drop

- The Great Pumpkin Coaster - located at first drop

Honorable Mention:

On-Ride photos recently removed: Boo Blasters on Boo Hill & Flight of Fear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did they take the on-ride photos out of Flight of Fear? I guess I just haven't noticed.

Flight of Fear seems to have had their photos removed (or simply no longer used), replaced, replaced with video... uhm i think there were photos for a short time after the video cameras were changed.. now there's no photos..

It was all over the place, its hard to remember what exactly happend.

--

Do we remember those cameras that were on Banshee before? They looked like video, and now they're gone.. no photo or video was ever sold from that perspective.

• Like 2

Not sure of the exact year, but I know it's been a while. After the on-ride photos were taken out, I believe on-ride video was put in for a time, and then that was discontinued. 

EDIT: What calakepepe said :P

And yes, I remember there were mentions of Banshee on-ride video and then I believe those quietly disappeared. Now they have on-ride photos.

• Like 3

Flight of Fear did have a camera, until they realized that the LIMs actually wipe the pictures off of the computer as they were being taken.

Oh really? Explain then why it had photos for years, I even have a few of them, including the video the year they had them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 4