Is it okay to hold a girl's hand on rides?

Blackhole6670

I am planning to go to Kings Island with a girl in the summer of 2016 and I have a question. Is it okay to hold hands on rides if you are nervous? Also can you hold on to the harness if you are nervous? Is it okay with the park to do this? What rides at Kings Island are good for holding hands or the harness? Thanks, any advice is helpful.

• Like 1

I can't think of a ride where the park would have issues with that sans Diamondback on the outer seats, though on the more intense rides or ones with awkward seating like Banshee, Invertigo, Flight of Fear, Firehawk and Vortex, I would recommend holding on to the restraint. 

If we're talking this about being nervous about the ride, I would ask the girl first.

If we're talking a romantic gesture, I'd go for it being spontaneous.  

• Like 3

some rides I imagine its easier to hold hands than others; if you can, and the girl is willing, I don't think the park would object.  I've been on a lot of various coasters with my son and even younger daughter.  I often put my hand behind my daughter's head on The Great Pumpkin Coaster and Woodstock Express to keep her from banging it backwards and give her a little more support (did the same for my son).  My son doesn't need much hand holding on any rides, but I've given him a fist bump or two after his first ride, or on the lift hill up Diamondback the first time.  Rides like Banshee, The Bat or Vortex are harder to work your arm around.

• Like 1

You asked the hand-holding question in this thread and got several responses.

If you need more advice, I suggest bumping the original thread instead of making a new one. This way, those responding (as well as you) can read the original posts first.

Yep. Blackhole6670, any and all questions you have regarding your trip this summer should probably be in that thread. When you post a new post in that thread, it will "bump" that thread back to the top of the discussion board as malem said so we'll all know to read it. Starting a new thread for every question you have regarding that one single day isn't very productive. Like malem said, you've got plenty of responses to the hand-holding question in the original thread you started.  :) Read through those first. If they still don't answer your question, post in that thread with any additional information you need. 

See ya at that thread over there

• Like 7