Blackout being year round?

Bradenwhite

I could see it being a popular thing. Uhm.. not sure how long it will stay popular.. KI will likely have it visited by first-time visitors mostly, I'd suspect. It'd be easy to do for the actors in there though since it's all pitch black and having to wear bloody make-up daily won't be routine for them, so they'll be happy in that aspect. :P

• Like 2

That's more than likely the reason why they chose it instead of, say, Madame Fatale's or Urgent Scare, as it requires almost zero setup for makeup and attire. It may also be because it's the most "family-friendly" maze in the park's lineup (CarnEvil being a close second with its lack of gore or otherwise graphic detail).

• Like 2

^ The ERT event is after park close in May, so summer heat shouldn't be a problem.

The capacity of a single maze - especially one where people walk through in complete darkness - is rather low. I suspect that this is a just one-time preview, perhaps playing on the fact that it's Friday the 13th.

• Like 4

I would be surprised to see it open full time year round, however, shall the Friday the 13th event prove popular, I would not be surprised if there are more days when the park is normally pretty crowded that management decides to open it up, perhaps at a small upcharge even. It could be a great promotion to get guests to want to come back for more during Haunt.

• Like 2

Well, La Ronde (a SIX park) does have a year round Haunt, so...

Also, it gives Haunt enthusiasts a little bit of Haunt goodness until the appointed time comes around. I know that I most likely plan on being at the park on the night of Friday the 13th to try Blackout (as I have not yet experienced the maze).

• Like 2

Would be cool if they would open up some of the indoor haunts they leave set up for special event nights through the year, like Friday the 13. Give us a chance to experience some of them and make the wait for Haunt season a little easier. Imagine something that would just have a handful of them set up like Blackout, Madame Fatale's, Urgent Scare, Kill Mart, and Carnevil. And with them being indoor haunts the sun going down late wouldn't affect them.

• Like 2