Dollywood 2016

You must have not ridden it lately. The ride gave me a headache from the roughness. The ride was a walk on with one train operation, so others feel the same as me.

I have to disagree with you on the roughness....rode it in June and it was an absolute joy to ride again. 

As far as the walk on status, lines don't equate popularity, especially since about 85-95% of park goers at Dollywood go for the shows vs. the rides. 

• Like 5

Unless you have actally rode lightning rod like me, please refrain from commenting. Thanks.

How about we get to be entitled to our opinions regardless of whether we've ridden it or not?  Who are you to be so entitled?  People can still judge a lot about a ride if they haven't ridden it.  

Also, how about not criticizing others because their anatomy may not weather certain rides like others can.  Everybody is different.  What may be (un)comfortable to you may not be to someone else.   That goes for respecting others liking what may not as well.  Quit hammering your dislike of GCI.  I bet you can't make it a month without mentioning it. 

• Like 9

Don't argue with small minded people. They will only bring you down to their level. How BG is allowed to remain on here is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only been posting in th dollywood thread. What are you doing here? Have YOU even been to dollywood?

The thread isn't only for people who've been to Dollywood. Chill out.

I have told folks from the forums that I had a few conversations with you about Dollywood and that I didn't think you were such a bad person as folks have stated you were. I'm now regretting defending you.

This isn't The Beast Gal show. Others are allowed to have options that differ from yours, others are allowed to like different manufacturers than you, others are allowed to make comments as you are allowed to do all of those things. But you have to realize just what you believe isn't valid just because you believe it. If you believe something is fact show why it's a fact.

Enough is enough. It's time to be civil and start being productive as a poster instead of treating everyone like dirt if they disagree with you.

/rant

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

• Like 7

How can you judge a ride without riding it?

It depends on what the judgement is.  

If you complain about the capacity of a ride.  You do not need to have actually ridden that specific ride.  In the case of Lightning Rod the trains used are not unique, they are used on several other coasters.  In my opinion RMC trains are slow to load/unload and restraint checks take a long time.  This leads to long lines and low capacity.  I have not had a chance to ride Lightning Rod yet, but I have a lot of experience with other RMC coasters.  I feel qualified to comment on how bad the throughput is on RMC coasters which utilize this train.

If you want to complain about downtime you also do not need to have been on the ride.  The large amounts of downtime being experienced by Lightning Rod could be the very reason you have not had a chance to ride it yet.  The ride is months behind schedule and still experiencing issues.  I hope the ride is working next time I am at the park so I am not stuck just looking at it again.

I will agree though if you want to complain about the experience, or how it is to actually ride the coaster.  Then you really need to have ridden the ride first.  Except the majority of the complaints are not about actually riding the coaster, and based on what I know about the ride they seem like pretty valid complaints.

I also complain about capacity issues on FireChaser Express.  I enjoy the coaster but the entire setup with how you pull into the station backwards is a capacity nightmare, the fact that there is a track switch required between a train leaving and the next entering the station leaves the station empty with nothing occurring for a long time.  It frequently has long lines and I suspect most of that is due to just how few people can ride it an hour.

• Like 5

^Additionally, if someone has been on a lot of coasters, particularly ones from a similar designer as the ones your judging, its not that hard to figure out what they will do.  I have a pretty good idea what Lightning Rod will be like with my ride on Storm Chaser.  

Besides Beast Gal, don't you judge all the GCI's out there without you having ridden them all in about 90% of the posts you make?  

• Like 4

^Additionally, if someone has been on a lot of coasters, particularly ones from a similar designer as the ones your judging, its not that hard to figure out what they will do. I have a pretty good idea what Lightning Rod will be like with my ride on Storm Chaser.

Besides Beast Gal, don't you judge all the GCI's out there without you having ridden them all in about 90% of the posts you make?

I respectively disagree with you in saying you can compare lightning rod to storm chaser. Lightning rod hits the ending brakes faster than storm chaser's top speed.

Also since you post your life story online I know the only rmc you have ridden is storm chaser so you have not been on a lot of rides from a particular manufacturer.

It does not matter if he has or hasn't been on a lot of rides from a particular manufacture.

You are trying to start flame wars and that's a violation of the terms of service.

Either comply with them or get off the page. Enough

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

• Like 3

@BeastGal- I've been on a lot of fast paced rides, rides that pin you to the lap bar, etc, stuff that mimics LR to an extent and I've been on an RMC.  That perspective mixed with watching the POV a lot can help one anticipate how a coaster will flow and act.  I don't want to go on a long winded post, but if you know how basic psychology works, you can understand that people can discern things about certain activities without having done them.  Its not that hard a concept to understand.  No coaster is THAT unique where riding it completely over blows any assumptions about them if one views them without riding them.   I never said I know exactly what it would be like, but I have a pretty good idea.  This entire conversation is about perception, what one experiences, and the opinions, interpretations, and preconceptions based on those stimuli.  Everyone views the world differently.

I feel foolish for even trying to explain this to you as every explanation anyone tries to tell you goes right over your head.  All you have ever done on these forums is to show how much you don't like GCI and like RMC.  That notion in itself is okay because everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but to do so to the detriment of other members is not alright.  You have no regard for those who think opposite of your views and you just keep hammering at it.  We keep explaining this to you, but you ignore us.  Drop the subject and move on.  Trust us, we get it.  In fact, I challenge you to not make a single post about GCI or RMC, nor any post that could be interpreted as such or being so negative to other members' opinions for a month.  Show us you can be different, show us what you actually enjoy about the industry with us, and be a productive member of this site.

Also, if you're so into facts, how about calling coasters by their real names (cowboy coaster? really?) and knowing that Holiday World in Indiana doesn't have the coaster Expedition Ge-Force. ;)

The ball is in your corner Beast Gal. 

• Like 4

I respectively disagree with you in saying you can compare lightning rod to storm chaser. Lightning rod hits the ending brakes faster than storm chaser's top speed.

I HAVE to get this off my head. You cannot judge a coaster over top speed. I really liked Maverick (or Cowboy Coaster) more than I did Millennium Force. Sure the coasters that go 500 feet at 9billion miles per hour can be fun. But I have ridden many coasters that I liked more that are better than the coasters that go 100 to 200 feet taller and go 25-65 mph faster

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Off topic, but I do want to say "thanks" to Beast Gal.  Maverick will always be Cowboy Coaster to me now!  For me personally, this is her and Mr. Beast Guy's best contribution to coasterdom!

Beast Gal, did you end up going to the Mystic Timbers announcement?  Did you feel safe?

• Like 1

We are looking to possibly go down to Dollywood near the end of the year (December). Do the coasters run at that time? I would hate to travel all that way and find them down

I was there in November and on New Years Eve. All coasters were running with walk on ques.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We were there on Black Friday and 12/29 last year.  On Black Friday, everything was a walk on except for Mystery Mine.  We got 15 rides on Thunderhead.

On 12/29, it was the busiest I have ever seen in Dollywood.  Thunderhead was over an hour wait.  Only coaster that had less than 30 minute wait was Wild Eagle.  We barely got 5 rides in 4 hours.  Then again, it was in the 70oF on that day in December!