Dollywood 2016

I respectively disagree with you in saying you can compare lightning rod to storm chaser. Lightning rod hits the ending brakes faster than storm chaser's top speed.

I HAVE to get this off my head. You cannot judge a coaster over top speed. I really liked Maverick (or Cowboy Coaster) more than I did Millennium Force. Sure the coasters that go 500 feet at 9billion miles per hour can be fun. But I have ridden many coasters that I liked more that are better than the coasters that go 100 to 200 feet taller and go 25-65 mph faster

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I agree. My point is ALL rides are a different ride experience. Also judging a ride that a person has NEVER ridden based on riding one ride from the manufacturer that's is a DIFFERENT ride experience is ridiculous.

I respectively disagree with you in saying you can compare lightning rod to storm chaser. Lightning rod hits the ending brakes faster than storm chaser's top speed.

I HAVE to get this off my head. You cannot judge a coaster over top speed. I really liked Maverick (or Cowboy Coaster) more than I did Millennium Force. Sure the coasters that go 500 feet at 9billion miles per hour can be fun. But I have ridden many coasters that I liked more that are better than the coasters that go 100 to 200 feet taller and go 25-65 mph faster

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I agree. My point is ALL rides are a different ride experience. Also judging a ride that a person has NEVER ridden based on riding one ride from the manufacturer that's is a DIFFERENT ride experience is ridiculous.

So, by your own words, will you stop judging all the GCI's that you haven't ridden in your effort to bash them all the time?

Also, learn basic psychology. 

• Like 1

Black ones, white ones, yellow ones

Tall ones, fat ones, small ones...

Gee! See, I am sliding off the deep end...

Don't forget the orange ones!

rcwizard13, NOT making any type of political statement.

Any rides with Thunder matter Launched, Winged, Floorless coasters matter

You got to take a Chance in life

(That made no sense)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got a ride in on August 9th. Waited 45 minutes and got back row. This thing is perfect if you love intense coasters. I have said it before and I will say it again while it is not what the parks themselves like to happen and get frustrated I would rather wait through downtime and some issues for an all out amazing ride than another run of the mill B&M. This was my first RMC and now I cannot wait to try the others. This is my new number one. 

• Like 1

So the consensus is that from the people that have RIDDEN lightning rod it is incredible. While you have the ki fanboys coming down here saying that lightning rod sucks because it's not reliable, low capacity, etc when they have never been on it.

Those fan boys say I am trolling, myself and others know who the real trolls are. I have not posted in anything pertaining to mystic pizza since the announcement.

I rode Loghtning Rod and didn't find it particularly "incredible." Don't get me wrong, it's a solid, enjoyable ride, but as much as I would have liked to have been completely blown away by it, I wasn't - and not just because it gave me a headache.

I get that a lot of people really like Lightning Rod, but it's childish to insinuate those who don't either have never ridden it or are trolls.

• Like 6

I rode Loghtning Rod and didn't find it particularly "incredible." Don't get me wrong, it's a solid, enjoyable ride, but as much as I would have liked to have been completely blown away by it, I wasn't - and not just because it gave me a headache.

I get that a lot of people really like Lightning Rod, but it's childish to insinuate those who don't either have never ridden it or are trolls.

Some of the people around me didn't like the ride. I just assume those people perhaps like you just don't like overly intense coasters. It works the same as when people are flabbergasted at Kings Island when I say I find Diamondback to be boring most of the time. It's just not my cup of tea I'd rather be thrown around like a rag doll. 

Anyway after that last BeatGal comment I am pretty sure you should do the same as I and just ignore her. 

• Like 6

OK, with reading that and a review I read on FB from a trusted Friend who rode it, I am quite interested in heading down in late Oct/early Nov to ride Lightning Rod and of course all of the other good ones (all but Mild Eagle).  With your feelings on DB (which I share wholeheartedly) and what does make a coaster enjoyable for you, LR has a good shot at impressing me.

• Like 2

OK, with reading that and a review I read on FB from a trusted Friend who rode it, I am quite interested in heading down in late Oct/early Nov to ride Lightning Rod and of course all of the other good ones (all but Mild Eagle). With your feelings on DB (which I share wholeheartedly) and what does make a coaster enjoyable for you, LR has a good shot at impressing me.

if you ride Mild Eagle in the back it's pretty fun

I got off that thing after riding it, looked at the group I was with, and my response was "Well.... at least the scenery is great!"

The most fun we had was cresting the lift during the fireworks, we got back in line and got another fireworks ride because everything was a walk-on

• Like 1

So the consensus is that from the people that have RIDDEN lightning rod it is incredible. While you have the ki fanboys coming down here saying that lightning rod sucks because it's not reliable, low capacity, etc when they have never been on it.

Those fan boys say I am trolling, myself and others know who the real trolls are. I have not posted in anything pertaining to mystic pizza since the announcement.

Maybe it does suck to those who have traveled hours upon hours multiple times to ride it and hmmm...it's not open. It's not reliable. The capacity on it has been terrible. So the experience they including myself have had makes it SUCK. 

People are allowed to have their opinions as are you (like I've said before). You also don't have to say anything more about Mystic Timbers since you made yourself quite clear on how much you aren't a fan of the new addition because it isn't your beloved RMC.

If you don't like the KI Fanboys get off the site. 

• Like 3

I personally took a trip down in early June after the school and was let down with not being able to ride it because it was down all day, I still thoroughly enjoyed my time with Thunderhead, Tennessee Tornado and Wild Eagle, walk on pretty much all day.  My biggest gripe with this whole situation is how poorly Dollywood handled it from a PR perspective, the thing officially opened in June when they were hyping it up for March, they had to have known that it wouldn't be open, then closing it and keeping the same banner for the whole month after it closed again, saying that it would be "subject to down time and delays". As for its reliability being "open" for 5 days of the 5 months the park has been open is not a reliable coaster, not to mention one train operations and constant delays.

From what my friend mentioned is that it is an amazing ride that is kind of rough in even seats and has a pot hole at the bottom of the first drop, looks to be amazing but I don't have the time or money to try to get back down this year. So my Dollywood 2016 trip was a lot of fun,but it did leave me with a bad taste in my mouth from being dissapointed that I couldn't ride it 2 months after it was supposed to open. 

• Like 2

More of that the first drop slams you into your seat, instead of a smooth transition out of the first drop it probably isn't super noticeable but he is super picky about stuff like that. I believe he said it is something he only experienced it the even rows, and was forgivable because the rest of the ride he thought was fantastic.

• Like 2

For me I feel like your friend may have confused being rough with it being very intense. There is really no time to catch your breath on it as you're getting ejector air every few seconds in every possible way they can turn you. That wave turn felt so weird it was awesome getting that much air time to the side instead of straight up. I have read about the rough spot at the bottom and it has been said by many riding in a non wheel seat you can avoid it I however did not feel the bump in the last row. 

• Like 4

For what it's worth..

I just got finished with a day at Dollywood and rode all the coasters excluding Blazing Fury and Sideshow Spin.

For MY opinion..

-Lightning Rod is not as fun as Thunderhead, and by extension not better than my favorite woodie Voyage (barely better than Thunderhead)

-Lightning Rod is very fun.. the launch is powerful and exciting

-I enjoy being tossed around like crazy, but once you finish the last dump to the left.. the airtime is too aggressive. I enjoy ejector, but RMC makes it too much to where having THAT strong of air THAT frequently makes it hurt your upper thighs.. especially with those buckles if they are placed naturally under the bar.. my partner has the bruises to prove it. It's too strong. That was my gripe with Storm Chaser too. It's fun the first few times only.

-Lightning Rod is slightly better than Storm Chaser.. There are no awkward and uncomfortable elements like SC's trick-track-double-up or the first turnaround hill transitions.. RMC tends to try to just make things crazy.. and with Storm Chaser they went a little too far. It's more enjoyable to get airtime only than to get airtime at the same time that you're being thrusted to the left and then the right.

-The capacity of LR is just fine. Two trains is perfect. The train completes the circuit before the 2nd train leaves.

-Reliability of LR is not good. RMC to me seems like it is a new age Intamin in that they make these insane coasters, very fast, and throw you intensely.. but they fail to have a good track record, and their rides break.. plain and simple. Storm Chaser had wheels that had to be changed to different style and wasnt able to be done till halfway through the season. When I rode SC, the blue train was broken and people were working on it the whole day. Lightning Rod was still in ride rehearsal.. Aug 17th. They were doing speed trials at the beginning of the day, two trains.. no problem. Came back later in the day, broke down when we were in line, they sent one train into the maintenence space, and then one train operation.

-I didn't experience a bump on the bottom of the first hill.. not sure what that's all about. If you can only feel it in the even rows, it mustn't be that bad of a bump anyways.. seriously.

Overall Lightning Rod is a great ride.. good to do maybe 2 times max before I'm over the intense pressure on my legs.. it'd be fine if there was a buckle that connected to the bar or if the female buckle didnt have length and only the male buckle could come across.

I'm very fortunate to have had the chance and the weather to ride it and it was amazing. Didnt become my #1 woodie but it's definitely up there!

-btw. Lightning Rod, for sake of consistency, will be called a wooden coaster by me, though I consider it closer to a hybrid. But I condemn labeling it as a steel coaster. It just isnt one.. I've ridden the Ibox track and now the Topper track and you can feel the wood underneath the rails moving and creeking.. while being smooth still. It's an interesting feeling.

• Like 5