Gold & Platinum Pass Exclusive Preview Night 04/15/16 (5-10 p.m)

Melody

And heaven help you if that park isn't open yet.

Having a receipt may not be any help at all. You may, in fact, be denied entry if your home park isn't open yet.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Terp -- who has NEVER had any issue with a SIX, Busch, Dollywood or Paramount Parks pass.

Last year...went to Carowinds the first weekend in April to ride Fury 325 and lost my pass.

Got a replacement at Kings Island a couple of weeks later. Because I used it at Carowinds before KI, even though purchased from KI, it switched my home park down to Carowinds. Took a couple of minutes for them to get it straightened out. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Like 3

Having a receipt may not be any help at all. You may, in fact, be denied entry if your home park isn't open yet.

Terp -- who has NEVER had any issue with a SIX, Busch, Dollywood or Paramount Parks pass.

Last year...went to Carowinds the first weekend in April to ride Fury 325 and lost my pass.

Got a replacement at Kings Island a couple of weeks later. Because I used it at Carowinds before KI, even though purchased from KI, it switched my home park down to Carowinds. Took a couple of minutes for them to get it straightened out. Has this happened to anyone else?

See my previous post in this thread.

See my previous post in this thread.
Thank you!
  • Like 1

I'm sensing a little bitterness there, Terp!  Not that I blame you...AT ALL!! 

I must say though, that I haven't had any issues with getting Kings Island to work with me on things.  Carowinds, Kings Dominion, and Cedar Point, not so much.  I'm glad to have my KI pass back!

• Like 1

I renewed by the deadline, so I should be able to attend.  But, what prevents new pass holders or late renewals from entering?  I doubt KI built in park-specific code to reject non-qualifying pass scans for this 5-hour event.  So, this exclusive event is basically on an honor system, correct?  Does anyone here know of anyone that was unable to enter the preview night with their pass last year because they weren't renewals or because they missed the renewal deadline?

Judging by the crowds that built at the preview night last year, I had trouble believing that everyone was a deadline renewal pass holder.  I mean, I was just happy to be there and had a great time, but I was curious how or if they were really checking renewal criteria.

I renewed by the deadline, so I should be able to attend.  But, what prevents new pass holders or late renewals from entering?  I doubt KI built in park-specific code to reject non-qualifying pass scans for this 5-hour event.  So, this exclusive event is basically on an honor system, correct?  Does anyone here know of anyone that was unable to enter the preview night with their pass last year because they weren't renewals or because they missed the renewal deadline?

According to jtro223's post earlier in this thread, they stopped scanning passes entirely during last year's event.

They do keep track of which passes were renewed in time, and (from what I understand) the park's Gate Central software was updated to display an indicator. Whether admissions lets ineligible passholders through the gate this year is anyone's guess; I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 2

^ Some members here have platinum passes with a home park other than Kings Island. Will these passes be eligible if they were renewed by November 5, and (if so) will these passholders need to do anything special to be admitted into the park?

• Like 4

Yes, Malem's question is an important one that I'd love to see Don answer.  I have a group of friends planning on going.  We all renewed our Platinum Passes by the Nov. 5th deadline, so it sounds like we should be good to go.   But we have various home parks, and they were renewed in various ways.  Some renewed online using the payment plan, some renewed at Cedar Point with KI as the home park, and one renewed at KI though their pass was changed to Carowinds as the home park because of the pass not working.

Lastly, I need to reiterate that the Platinum pass home park conflicts are ridiculous.  I can't believe I've been hearing of and experiencing issues with home parks year after year.  I've never experienced an issue with a Six Flags multi-park pass not working.  Yet when visiting about 10 Cedar Fair parks last year, some of us had to get Platinum Passes reissued and home parks changed 4 times to get them to work properly, especially with the Platinum dining plan.  It's so disappointing that Cedar Fair isn't taking strong action to correct this.  It makes us anxious every scan of a Platinum or dining plan, wondering if it'll work at a different Cedar Fair park.

• Like 2

^ Some members here have platinum passes with a home park other than Kings Island. Will these passes be eligible if they were renewed by November 5, and (if so) will these passholders need to do anything special to be admitted into the park?

Platinum passes with a home park other than Kings Island will be accepted for the Preview Night if renewed by November 5. 

• Like 9

Here's another for you Don.

My daughter was two last year and just turned three a month ago. Whenni renewed our other 6 platinums in Oct, I purchased her a new one since she would now be three and require one.

Can I not bring her with us? Had she beennold enough last season, she would have a renewal. Still waiting on a reply email from KI. Will have to call if no response is given by Friday.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I believe I want to state one thing real quick.

I may be corrected if I am wrong, but I am quite sure that all rides will be open for preview night, not just Banshee, Beast, Diamondback, and the Planet Snoopy area.

Given the forecast, I wouldn't be surprised to see WWC, Race for your Life and Congo Falls all closed.  Nobody wants to get wet when the air temp may barely break 50.

• Like 1

I believe I want to state one thing real quick.

I may be corrected if I am wrong, but I am quite sure that all rides will be open for preview night, not just Banshee, Beast, Diamondback, and the Planet Snoopy area.

Given the forecast, I wouldn't be surprised to see WWC, Race for your Life and Congo Falls all closed.  Nobody wants to get wet when the air temp may barely break 50.

I've certainly seen them open when I'd have had them closed...and people were actually riding.  I don't get people sometimes.

• Like 2

IME, the tolls have typically opened an hour before the front gates opened for ERT, so an hour and a half before "official" park opening. I don't remember for sure, though, when they went to Haunt evenings in the fall, whether it was an hour before gate opening or an hour and a half. I sat outside the south tolls waiting a couple of times, but I can't remember exactly how early I was. I /think/ it was an hour before opening.

I'm going to be shooting to arrive at the new parking gates a little before 4, myself.

• Like 4

So my friend had a gold pass last year and bought a platinum pass for this year back in October (well before the deadline).  In pulling up the receipt and having ready in case of a problem, such friend found out they mistakenly purchased a platinum pass instead of renew with upgrade :(  The intent is the same as it was intended to be an upgraded renewal and I think the park actually got like $10 more bucks because of said friends mistake, but said friend has tried calling to no avail to find out if their pass is good for Friday.  Anyone have experience with this type of situation on this forum and can share on this forum (and I know the past may not be indicative of current) (and tried to Terpy proof lol)?

• Like 2

To be honest, I think your friend may be out of luck. Their pass will be coded to be activated at the KI gates on April 16th. 

Your friend may attempt to call the park up until tomorrow night at 8 (pass processing is happening from 5-8pm) to find a more direct answer. 

But when they purchased, if it wasn't renewed, it won't be activated for the 15th :(