Gold & Platinum Pass Exclusive Preview Night 04/15/16 (5-10 p.m)

Melody

Last fall, the park allowed 2015 Gold & Platinum passes upgraded to either 2016 Gold or 2016 Platinum to be considered renewals. Several people doing this got the other fall renewal perks (i.e. discounted bring-a-friend & one free Fast Lane Plus).

With 2016 platinum, you can easily tell if it was a renewal by checking the price on your receipt. The discounted price for renewals was $180.

• Like 1

So my friend had a gold pass last year and bought a platinum pass for this year back in October (well before the deadline).  In pulling up the receipt and having ready in case of a problem, such friend found out they mistakenly purchased a platinum pass instead of renew with upgrade :(  The intent is the same as it was intended to be an upgraded renewal and I think the park actually got like $10 more bucks because of said friends mistake, but said friend has tried calling to no avail to find out if their pass is good for Friday.  Anyone have experience with this type of situation on this forum and can share on this forum (and I know the past may not be indicative of current) (and tried to Terpy proof lol)?

Thinking about it, I guess that is why at the end of last season, my gold pass was inactivated and my platinum pass became the valid pass (because I renewed with an upgrade), whereas my friend still had to use their gold pass at the end of last year and couldn't get in with their platinum pass (because they actually bought a new platinum for this year instead of the upgrade).  Hopefully someone answers the phone during processing tonight.  I mean I think they met the intent of the promotion (actually exceeded it by going to platinum) and actually costs themselves a little money as I believe the renew/upgrade was cheaper than purchasing a new (but I may be wrong on that).

• Like 1

Rookie question here.

This is my family's first year renewing gold passes...

Do we just use our passes from last year? Or do we have to go to the season pass processing center and get new ones?

Also, does anyone know if they are opening the processing center early tomorrow, for the preview night?

Just use the same ones. I assume processing will be open, probably around the same time as the parking gates (which I think was confirmed as 3:30)

Thanks, so if we have our passes from 2015 season, there is no need to go to the processing center? We can just enter the park with our 2015 passes?

Just use the same ones. I assume processing will be open, probably around the same time as the parking gates (which I think was confirmed as 3:30)

Thanks, so if we have our passes from 2015 season, there is no need to go to the processing center? We can just enter the park with our 2015 passes?

You should be able to.  If you have to go to processing, its right next to the entrance and should not take long.

Welcome to KIC

No. You need to go to processing, which will be under the red-awning to your left as you enter the park. 

You'll be looking for a building called Sales Booth, it should be the left most building to the left of the entrance before entering the park. You're looking for a red-awning that says pass processing (I believe) on it.

Picture from TyMullins.

IMG_2502.jpg

When I renewed my pass last year I was upgraded to a gold pass that started working immediately. My brother renewed his (which was pretty old) but had to get a new one as well. He could only use the old one last year and is supposed to use the new one this year.  I hope this doesn't cause him any issues tomorrow. Ill tell him to bring both just in case. Also I put mine in the app and it says it's a 2015 pass with dining. I didn't have dining last year, is this an error or does it usually list the year it was activated? It does say gold pass which I didn't have last year either so I hope my pass doesn't have any issues.

• Like 1

When I renewed my pass last year I was upgraded to a gold pass that started working immediately. My brother renewed his (which was pretty old) but had to get a new one as well. He could only use the old one last year and is supposed to use the new one this year.  I hope this doesn't cause him any issues tomorrow. Ill tell him to bring both just in case. Also I put mine in the app and it says it's a 2015 pass with dining. I didn't have dining last year, is this an error or does it usually list the year it was activated? It does say gold pass which I didn't have last year either so I hope my pass doesn't have any issues.

The app incorrectly reports whether you have dining. At least one other person who doesn't have dining has said the app indicates they do. I do have dining and the app says I don't.