Haunt 2016

Bradenwhite

Sorry this is super early but I love haunt and I like hearing other people's predictions about it!

2015 Haunt: I had so much fun last haunt season and I really did enjoy blackout. But I did not on the other hand enjoy some mazes. I felt Board To Death was lacking this past year and it somewhat felt under staffed in many cases. Another maze I felt was not as good was tombstone territory. I think the whole thing has no meaning now because it is not used with a train anymore! The line got way to long and overall was a waste of time!

What did you think of 2015 haunt season and how do you think it could be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Before the regular season even starts! lol

I thought 2015 was okay. It was nice to see a new style of haunt being tried out! But I feel like it falls a little short. Unless you're the leader, it's not much of an attraction. It was a little weird having Monster Rock, being for the most part, the same as Let It Rock.. Lots of people seemed to be happy that Hot Blooded returned.. You may enjoy new things cycling in and out, but sometimes people prefer traditions being repeated as a staple for something (in this case, Haunt). I didn't get to do too many haunts, just a couple. I'm not too big on houses as I'm not scared very easily, and so it always fails to give me a sense of excitement. I do like to walk through to see what's up every now and again. Some new creative scares need to be implemented and Blackout was a good step as far as trying to get a new maze. It had a unique gimmick to it rather than being just another walk through.
That's all I will say for now I think. I think I may pipe in about 2016 when I feel like it's more timely hehe 

• Like 5

As for last year's Haunt, it was a blast. I visited Sam first as per tradition (for those who don't know/aren't familiar, Sam the Butcher is XGatorHead8904 aka Gator's alter ego that lives in Slaughter House) and did Carnevil as I did in 2014. I also tried 2 new mazes, Madame Fatale's and Delta Delta Die (which has since been renamed Sorority House- it was renamed the weekend after I went through, in fact!) and thos were both interesting; Delta was the scarier of the two imo). I hope to go more times this coming season and maybe try some other mazes (I've not tried Blackout, Urgent Scare, Wolfpack, Backwoods Bayou or Tombstone in it's current incarnation).

• Like 3

I've slept since then, but I recall reading in these forums that as part of the free preview night, participants would be able to walk through one of the planned haunts this season. I hadn't heard if scareactors would be employed for this sneak peak, however.

• Like 3

This past season I went through the Bayou, Madame Fatale's, Slaughterhouse, Tombstone Terrortory, Cornstalkers, and Wolf Pack.  I have extraordinarily high standards because I used to run a haunted trail, so I won't be too overly critical as I tend to think quantity over quality is the general rule for scares at KI.  That said, when comparing to previous seasons or similar haunts, I thought Madame Fatale's was pretty good and the theming was excellent.  I, of course, went to see Sam several times - Slaughterhouse in general was enjoyable.  Tombstone was a flop for me, mainly because I'm still aggravated that the train is no longer a part of the attraction.  Wolf Pack seems to be good theming with not much going on in the scares department, with a couple exceptions.  I enjoyed it for the location and the atmosphere more than anything.  Bayou...I have no idea.  I was too busy laughing at...WITH...with...oops...definitely with a friend of mine who was scared so bad she flailed into all of us.  :)  Cornstalkers - I don't remember much...which should tell all.  Sometimes the actors get into it and can make blending in work, so I like the theme for it...but...obviously not this year.

• Like 3

I've slept since then, but I recall reading in these forums that as part of the free preview night, participants would be able to walk through one of the planned haunts this season. I hadn't heard if scareactors would be employed for this sneak peak, however.

I have a friend who is an employee that last year went to the preview night but I'm sure it's for employees only. Not to the genreal public.

There is a preview night for gold and platinum season passholders who renewed by November 1, 2015...

And if he's referring to that, then he's likely confusing it with the May 13 Gold Pass ERT night, at which Blackout will indeed be open.

• Like 1

There is a preview night for gold and platinum season passholders who renewed by November 1, 2015...

And if he's referring to that, then he's likely confusing it with the May 13 Gold Pass ERT night, at which Blackout will indeed be open.

No I'm not talking about both of those. I'm talking about last year they had a Haunt preview night for employees only.
  • Like 3

I thought the Haunt 2015 was alright this year and also agree that some haunts seemed understaffed this year.   I also wish they would trade out some of the order haunt mazes that have not been rebooted recently like Urgent Scare and give it a new theme.  I also miss the haunt maze that went through the woods and I wish there was a way to give the option of riding the train again---as it really added something to the maze.  I agree new shows that are unlike the same show done in the summer would also be good.  I did like the addition of Blackout.  I live close by and still enjoy going a lot each season but would like to see some new mazes--not just one this next season but several ones done really well.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I keep telling people about Sam and it's only June! :D The only bad thing about Haunt is that the next major event will be Closing Day and the off season (which should prove to be interesting since we'll (most likely) know what'll be going into Rivertown for 2017)!

• Like 2

I love haunt! I think Tombstone wont be back this year from the construction going on where it usually is and I think its about time for that maze to retire anyways. Tombstone or Urgent Scare needs to be revamped or needs to be kicked out and a new maze put in its place. I personally loved Black Out last year. I know a lot of people didnt have a good opinion of it in the very first weekends of haunt because they were still working out the kinks but I thought it was very creative and different from everything else. I wish the park would also do a little better with themes around the park. Kiddie land has always been awesome but everything else is kind of random and thrown together. I miss outdoor mazes too like Psycho Path. That was such a good trail i wish they could bring something back like that. I cant wait for 2016 haunt to start! Already planning my trips!

• Like 2

Yea I like the theme for Urgent Scare but it really needs some work done on it. It was great it's first couple years with the outdoor portion especially. Wouldn't mind seeing ti stick around a little longer if they revamp it.

Agree with pkifreak23 about area theming as well. I'm really hoping with the likely closure of Tombstone Terrortory they will use those props adn costumes to make Rivertown into a ghost town theme with props and scare actors to fit the western theme.

• Like 3

Yea I like the theme for Urgent Scare but it really needs some work done on it. It was great it's first couple years with the outdoor portion especially. Wouldn't mind seeing ti stick around a little longer if they revamp it.

Agree with pkifreak23 about area theming as well. I'm really hoping with the likely closure of Tombstone Terrortory they will use those props adn costumes to make Rivertown into a ghost town theme with props and scare actors to fit the western theme.

I miss the "elevator"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Once Haunt starts, you cannot re-enter the park on the same admission.

It is a way for the park to reduce trips to a vehicle to...among other things, imbibe or otherwise get into trouble. Or to be sure that those who do wish to eat, drink or be merry, do so in the park and enhance per caps.

• Like 3