Haunt 2016

Bradenwhite

I was fortunate enough to talk to Don Helbig yesterday. I asked if I could quote him. "Contrary to the rumors on KIC, Urgent Scare will be returning." The building hasn't been cleared out as was rumored here.

He also said there will be a new haunt and that at least one is leaving.

Edit: he mentioned that, like last year with that awesome haunted house facade they added to the gates, they are going to be focusing on things to set the mood even if you don't enter any houses. As one who is less interested in the actual haunts, and more in the theming, this sounds wonderful! I'm so excited for this year's Haunt!

• Like 14

I was fortunate enough to talk to Don Helbig yesterday. I asked if I could quote him. "Contrary to the rumors on KIC, Urgent Scare will be returning." The building hasn't been cleared out as was rumored here.

Edit: he mentioned that, like last year with that awesome haunted house facade they added to the gates, they are going to be focusing on things to set the mood even if you don't enter any houses. As one who is less interested in the actual haunts, and more in the theming, this sounds wonderful! I'm so excited for this year's Haunt!

That's awesome thank you so much for talking to him and putting this up! It's nice to know at least a little something about Haunt :) Anyone have any guesses or suggestions on what the new maze is and where it's gonna be located? I think we all pretty much agree that tombstone is getting cut this year.

• Like 1

A new maze hm? I'm guessing Tombstone is outta here, and maybe putting a new outdoor maze through the back of Planet Snoopy where it's closed off during Haunt? Maybe through the picnic grove route?

Doubt it'll be through Picnic Grove, they have big events in there the few weekends they are closed to the public.  I could see something happening in Soak City though.

• Like 1

A new maze hm? I'm guessing Tombstone is outta here, and maybe putting a new outdoor maze through the back of Planet Snoopy where it's closed off during Haunt? Maybe through the picnic grove route?

Doubt it'll be through Picnic Grove, they have big events in there the few weekends they are closed to the public.  I could see something happening in Soak City though.

Isn't that where they house the  kid halloween events? Could they make it both work in the same area?

That's awesome thank you so much for talking to him and putting this up! It's nice to know at least a little something about Haunt :) Anyone have any guesses or suggestions on what the new maze is and where it's gonna be located? I think we all pretty much agree that tombstone is getting cut this year.
Behind Dinosaurs Alive, thats what I've heard (outdoor)
  • Like 1

They basically told the actors at the return party. And one of my friend's friend told me (He's a roamer) but I don't know if it's completely true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they told them, then it's obviously true...

^^ what's interesting about that is that the upper left part of the "house" is new and unpainted (decorative painting anyway) and the part that says Sorority House looks a little roached. So, I'm not sure it will ultimately still be Sorority House when it's done. I don't know why they would want to decorative paint once it is already assembled tho. I do like how "angry" the new upstairs Windows look tho.

• Like 3

e48bd2cb4d071d22dbe7b7142a89dc56.jpg It's back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or is it...

I think it's sadly staying guys. Kings Island posted a picture on Twitter earlier this evening of the buildings with the name still on the building. I don't think they would advertise that like they did if they were just going to change the name.

• Like 1

Great to hear that 2016 haunt information will be released soon! I've been waiting forever!! I'm planning a trip with my family and some friends October 1st weekend. We are driving up from Chicago to come, I'm very excited as I haven't been to Kings Island for a few years and have never been to haunt at the park. The major halloween event by us is Fright Fest at Great America. They honestly don't do a very good job during fright fest, which is why I'm excited to get to go to a Cedar Fair park this year!! I have a few questions about the event, my friends and family would be very grateful for any added knowledge.

1) The ages of both my friends are 13. One of them is very scared of haunted houses and related atmospheres, do you think taking him here would be a step up from Fright Fest, let's say? This is just in regards to walking around the park, he has already made a firm decision to not go in the haunted attractions.

2) How scary is haunt, really? I've never seen it be compared to anything other than Dent Schoolhouse, and I've never been to that haunt being from Chicagoland.

3) I have an 11 year old sister that would like to try some of the houses. She is very mature for her age, so scariness is not an issue. However, do you think the content is appropriate for her in all the houses? If not, than which ones? I've heard the event is advertised as being "PG13," but I've also read that Slaughterhouse could be considered R.

4) Do you think Saturday, October 1st will be crowded? How long do you think the lines will be for haunted houses and rides? We plan to arrive at 11 am and stay as late as possible.

5) Which haunted houses are the scariest? I'm super excited to try them all!! From what I've heard, tombstone, cornstalkers, and wolfpack are the least scariest with slaughterhouse, cavern of terror, and urgent scare being the most. Am I correct? 

6) We are going to invest in both Fright Lane and Fast Lane since we only have one night to do it all. How is skeleton key? Do you think 13 year olds will enjoy it or be disgusted/frightened if they are mature and have been through the typical "haunted house?" Is skeleton key marketed at that demographic, or is it more for adults? Is Fast Lane cheaper during haunt than operating season because only 20 rides are open?

7) Was the "no boo" necklace still available, as of last year? My sister is taking a friend and she is MORTIFIED of the actors and will not go to the park unless she can get one. 

8) Is dining in a haunted house a thing here, or is that only at Halloweekends? 

Looking forward to what you all have to say, thanks again and sorry for the huge post!!

• Like 1

Welcome to KIC! Ive only been to one haunt last year and i can answer for 7 in regards to the No Boo necklaces. I bought one when going with a group of friends since i'm not big on haunted houses but still wanted to ride and see shows. In regards to roamers, they did a great job of getting people who were with my group but not messing with me. At one point in the night the battery in it died and it was apparently an issue with most of the necklaces being sold, but i brought it into a store that sold them and they happily replaced it. (they actually felt pretty bad that i had to cross half the part to get to international street without it which was funny)

• Like 3

Welcome to KIC! Ive only been to one haunt last year and i can answer for 7 in regards to the No Boo necklaces. I bought one when going with a group of friends since i'm not big on haunted houses but still wanted to ride and see shows. In regards to roamers, they did a great job of getting people who were with my group but not messing with me. At one point in the night the battery in it died and it was apparently an issue with most of the necklaces being sold, but i brought it into a store that sold them and they happily replaced it. (they actually felt pretty bad that i had to cross half the part to get to international street without it which was funny)

Thanks! Glad to be apart of these forums. Thanks for the information on the necklaces, my family will be happy to hear that they are still a go as of last year.

• Like 1

Great to hear that 2016 haunt information will be released soon! I've been waiting forever!! I'm planning a trip with my family and some friends October 1st weekend. We are driving up from Chicago to come, I'm very excited as I haven't been to Kings Island for a few years and have never been to haunt at the park. The major halloween event by us is Fright Fest at Great America. They honestly don't do a very good job during fright fest, which is why I'm excited to get to go to a Cedar Fair park this year!! I have a few questions about the event, my friends and family would be very grateful for any added knowledge.

1) The ages of both my friends are 13. One of them is very scared of haunted houses and related atmospheres, do you think taking him here would be a step up from Fright Fest, let's say? This is just in regards to walking around the park, he has already made a firm decision to not go in the haunted attractions.

2) How scary is haunt, really? I've never seen it be compared to anything other than Dent Schoolhouse, and I've never been to that haunt being from Chicagoland.

3) I have an 11 year old sister that would like to try some of the houses. She is very mature for her age, so scariness is not an issue. However, do you think the content is appropriate for her in all the houses? If not, than which ones? I've heard the event is advertised as being "PG13," but I've also read that Slaughterhouse could be considered R.

4) Do you think Saturday, October 1st will be crowded? How long do you think the lines will be for haunted houses and rides? We plan to arrive at 11 am and stay as late as possible.

5) Which haunted houses are the scariest? I'm super excited to try them all!! From what I've heard, tombstone, cornstalkers, and wolfpack are the least scariest with slaughterhouse, cavern of terror, and urgent scare being the most. Am I correct? 

6) We are going to invest in both Fright Lane and Fast Lane since we only have one night to do it all. How is skeleton key? Do you think 13 year olds will enjoy it or be disgusted/frightened if they are mature and have been through the typical "haunted house?" Is skeleton key marketed at that demographic, or is it more for adults? Is Fast Lane cheaper during haunt than operating season because only 20 rides are open?

7) Was the "no boo" necklace still available, as of last year? My sister is taking a friend and she is MORTIFIED of the actors and will not go to the park unless she can get one. 

8) Is dining in a haunted house a thing here, or is that only at Halloweekends? 

Looking forward to what you all have to say, thanks again and sorry for the huge post!!

WELCOME! I have been going to haunt for 5 years now and i hope from my perspective i can help you some i hope! 

1and2: Really it all depends on the person and how they react to things. The decor they put up i seriously doubt would scare them. the scariest thing they have is a couple of animatronics. there arent as many scare actors walking around as there used to be in years past. But the ones that are out do try and scare you. usually they walk up behind you and make a growling noise by your ear or something similar. If you get a no boo necklace you dont have to worry about that. 

3: Slaughterhouse would probably be inappropriate for her. Also Sorority house might be too on a sexual factor since it is based on college girls.

4: Generally all saturdays during haunt are very busy i would reccommend getting the fright lane pass for the mazes if you want to try and do them all. 

5: Again this is from MY experience in them so someone else could think otherwise. Tombstone, urgent scare wolf pack and carnevil are the least scary of them all. they are usually understaffed and just have been rundown. wolf pack os dark and someone might get me if i cant see other than that they are the ones that least did anything for me. the most scary from last year was Black out, slaughterhouse and cavern of terror. Black out is very minimal but its pitch dark and you cant see a thing so you get scared very easier in there. Slaughterhouse always has awesome workers in there and they always get me and the effects in the maze are horrific alone. cavern of terror has some cool effects that works and can scare you and has gotten me a time or two. 

6:I havent done skeleton key so i cant really answer this one from what ive heard they make you do things or you get extra special scares in the rooms. I dont know if its appropriate for kids or not. i dont believe Fast Lane is cheaper during haunt because most of the rides that are open during haunt are most of the rides you can use Fast Lane with.

7:I dont know if they will be available this year but they were last year and i heard they worked i saw a lot of scare actors trying to give kids high fives and wave high to the ones wearing the necklace. 

8:they used to have something like that in the Cavern of Terror maze but they dont anymore. I believe the only thing they have now is fright feast. A buffet type dinner. 

• Like 1