Haunt 2016

Bradenwhite

<p>

THE SITE IS FINALLY LIVE!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt

• CORRECTION It appears that the Scare Zone page was just added, nothing new :(
  • As predicted, Tombstone is gone AND so is Cornstalkers
  • Backwoods Bayou has taken over... INTERNATIONAL STREET! This is going to be AWESOME!

not taking over I-street. that still belongs to cemetery....

just taking over tower gardens.

• Like 5

29cd6675b3c1b7371fd4f69822a7802e.jpg Did anyone see this on the website? Why is there a skeleton key there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know for sure Knott's Scary Farm is and i believe at least another Cedar Fair park was from what i looked up, but some parks are making separate skeleton key rooms separate from mazes with their own theme. All of Knotts are completely separate from all of their mazes so maybe other mazes are trying it out too. 

• Like 3

From the Cemetery Drive entry:

"Tombstones quake as the residents come out for a swinging wake. Beware of grim grinning ghosts wanting to socialize. What they really want to do is terrorize."

This gave me a good laugh. Let's hope The Mouse doesn't catch wind of this...

No comment... lol

• Like 1

I have to say that I am disappointed that more maze themes were not changed this year as some have been around for such a long time.  I hope the new maze is not Cornstalkers reboot but something actually new and exciting.  I would like to see a witch themed maze or creepy dollhouse theme in place of Sorority House.  The TV commercials are more scary than most mazes at The Haunt.

• Like 6

I have to say that I am disappointed that more maze themes were not changed this year as some have been around for such a long time...

I have to agree. Let's remember that Urgent Scare has been around since 2008...

To put that in perspective it debuted when I was in 8th grade. Now I can legally drink.

I wish they could bring Urgent Scare back to the way it was when they first opened it. It was an awesome maze then. Then again a lot of the mazes were a lot better when they first opened up except Mysteria; that maze should have never been created. I also think while its fun and kinda a staple to have clowns at a haunted house i feel like they need to upgrade Carnevil. 

• Like 2

I have to say that I am disappointed that more maze themes were not changed this year as some have been around for such a long time...

To put that in perspective it debuted when I was in 8th grade. Now I can legally drink.

I honestly think Carnevil NEEDS to go. That maze is getting so old. (See the screenshots I posted on here from KI's Snapchat.) We need some new content.

Other mazes I think should go are: Sorority House, Board To Death, Urgent Scare & Wolf Pack. 

Don't get me started on SZ. We NEED some Scare Zones. What they have now is not good. Freak Street is the closest thing we have to an actual SZ.

• Like 2

And CarnEvil has been a part of the lineup since 2001 (formerly Circus of Horrors). Granted, they gave themselves a "reset" in 2007 under the Haunt moniker, but even still, this year will be the 16th season for CarnEvil (10th if you exclude the FearFest years). 

• Like 4

^Did anyone get the impression from the skeletons in front of the big skull were positioned like something out of Tomb Raider....The Ride! (In Siebert's voice, you know you do it too!)

I'm surprised to see all of the Haunt stuff getting put up quicker than usual, should give us a nice glimpse of what is to come this year!

• Like 2

**spoilers**

I looked inside where backwoods bayou is gonna be where cornstalkers formerly was and its set up a lot like what CS was. A lot of wooden crates everywhere I saw at least one of the giant creature statues near the front and there were some boats up front too. A lot of the leafs and cloths as backdrops instead of corn. Sorry I would have taken pics but I don't have flash and it was night time!

• Like 2

Fright Lane, especially on Saturdays, can be worth it to avoid the line.  You do gain access to the Skeleton Key rooms.  I personally have not done it.  Of course, I am not that big into the Haunts, and mainly go to experience the rides (and I worked rides two seasons during Haunt in 2013 and 2014 at Skyflyer).

I imagine having the Skeleton Key rooms separate from a maze makes it easier operationally to get the Fright Lane people in.  It also give a better thing to market the Fright Lane to the general public.  "Buy Fright lane and you get to experience an exclusive haunt/skeleton key room exclusive to Fright Lane."

• Like 3