Haunt 2016

Bradenwhite

Apologies if it's been mentioned already.

The kids' event on Saturdays and Sundays in October this year is called The Great Pumpkin Fest in honor of the 50th anniversary (!!!) of the TV special, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/the-great-pumpkin-fest

Oh, and this page mentions it is presented by Hershey https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/Snoopys-Halloween-Party-Opening-Day

Which makes some sense, they're presumably providing candy for the trick or treating in return for advertising but... I don't even know what to think about what else it might mean.

• Like 3

Apologies if it's been mentioned already.

The kids' event on Saturdays and Sundays in October this year is called The Great Pumpkin Fest in honor of the 50th anniversary (!!!) of the TV special, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/the-great-pumpkin-fest

Oh, and this page mentions it is presented by Hershey https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/Snoopys-Halloween-Party-Opening-Day

Which makes some sense, they're presumably providing candy for the trick or treating in return for advertising but... I don't even know what to think about what else it might mean.

Unless they go heavy with the Jolly Ranchers and Reese's Pieces it means I won't have to throw away 75% of the candy due to petro chemical poisoning. :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they decorated for Winterfest during Fear Fest back in 2005? Can't wait to see how they do that during Haunt 2017.

They had a Holiday Horror SZ in (what is now) Planet Snoopy in which they decorated that whole area
  • Like 2

Has anyone gotten fright lane? Is it worth it to try one night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you go on a Friday Night, it's not really worth it.  I've gone the last 4 or 5 years on Friday night and have done all the Haunts + rides easily.

If you go on a Saturday night it's definitely worth it.  Haunt Saturdays are some of the busiest days the park will have all year long.

I know this isnt related to haunt but I went to dent schoolhouse and honestly it reminded me of scares from like madame fatales. Also I went when it was light out so when I went through the queen city slaughterhouse I could see everything. Am I the only one missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok so this will be my first year at Haunt on the the opening day. So just curious as to what the crowds are like the first night of the Haunt? Are we talking a normal crowd or crazy busy?

Edit - I also did a fake run through to buy Fright Lane tickets and did not see the No Boo Necklace... anyone know where i can find those as well?

• Like 1

Ok so this will be my first year at Haunt on the the opening day. So just curious as to what the crowds are like the first night of the Haunt? Are we talking a normal crowd or crazy busy?

Edit - I also did a fake run through to buy Fright Lane tickets and did not see the No Boo Necklace... anyone know where i can find those as well?

They have now added the No - Boo necklace as an additional purchase on the All Inclusive Friday night ticket online for $9.37. I am sure this will be available to purchase in park.

• Like 1

Just don't wear it into a maze. Seriously.

I'd like to think that monsters are told that the "No Boo" necklaces are rendered ineffective in mazes and scare zones. To wear one to signal to the random walk-around characters, fine. But if you wear a No Boo necklace into a maze you've queued for and the monsters are instructed to respect that, it ruins the maze for everyone around you.

Anyone know the policy on this? If you purchase a No Boo necklace, do they have signage to say "No Boo necklaces don't work past this point" at the entrance to mazes? Do the cashiers mention it? What are the monsters instructed to do when a No Boo necklace comes through the house?

• Like 4

Just don't wear it into a maze. Seriously.

I'd like to think that monsters are told that the "No Boo" necklaces are rendered ineffective in mazes and scare zones. To wear one to signal to the random walk-around characters, fine. But if you wear a No Boo necklace into a maze you've queued for and the monsters are instructed to respect that, it ruins the maze for everyone around you.

Anyone know the policy on this? If you purchase a No Boo necklace, do they have signage to say "No Boo necklaces don't work past this point" at the entrance to mazes? Do the cashiers mention it? What are the monsters instructed to do when a No Boo necklace comes through the house?

I had a discussion about this recently. I had a friend that went last year and wore her no boo necklace, but did not even consider par-taking in mazes. She simply got it so we could get through scare zones and ride some attractions. However, she wished there was a way for her to go look at the mazes without monsters during the day. This led me to wonder how beneficial a "VIP" experience would be. I would pay a LOT of money to do a day time walk through of a couple houses, and maybe the inclusion of fright lane at night, if you so choose to participate. She told me the daytime walk through alone would be worth the extra dough.

Just some food for thought 

• Like 5

So, how do Saturday's work with Haunt?  I know that little kid Halloween activities are during the day.  Is the rest of the park open then as well?  Do all of the "creatures" start filing into the park at 6?  We have only been to Haunt on Fridays, and have to go on Saturday this year.  Curious how it works....  Thanks!!

• Like 2

They could call it the spoiler package. No surprises for you! :P

But in all seriousness, I think a VIP package for that.. unless it also incorporated some food ;).. would only sell a lot for a year, maybe two.

Maybe only offer it, every 3 years or so..

------

The rest of the park is opened, the monsters can usually be seen around an hour to 30 minutes before mazes open walking to their prospective mazes, if I recall correctly.

• Like 2

So, how do Saturday's work with Haunt?  I know that little kid Halloween activities are during the day.  Is the rest of the park open then as well?  Do all of the "creatures" start filing into the park at 6?  We have only been to Haunt on Fridays, and have to go on Saturday this year.  Curious how it works....  Thanks!!

So on Saturdays the Haunt indoor mazes start at 6PM as scare actors make their way to the houses around 5-6pm. Planet Snoopy closes at 5pm to transform into the Haunt. Outdoor mazes start at 8pm.  20 rides are open the entire day. check out the website at https://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt/rides-attractions?ctg=*

• Like 2

Does anyone know if they decorated for Winterfest during Fear Fest back in 2005? Can't wait to see how they do that during Haunt 2017.

They had a Holiday Horror SZ in (what is now) Planet Snoopy in which they decorated that whole area

Actually the Holiday Horror scare zone was introduced in 2006 and was in Coney Mall, across from Zephyr's entrance. It recycled a lot of the Winterfest props from the previous season and its theme was strictly Christmas / winter.

You may be thinking of a different Holiday Horror, the maze version which premiered in 2011. That one was indeed in Planet Snoopy, in the Peanuts Playhouse (the amphitheater). It featured several holidays, including St. Patrick's Day and Easter. It lasted a couple years before being quietly discontinued.

• Like 3