Haunt 2016

Bradenwhite

Just got back from a short trip! Got through 9 out of 11 mazes there. Here's a short breakdown (This will NOT contain spoilers):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CarnEvil - A new clown face entrance. Other than that there is nothing new or amazing to point out. 5/10

Madame Fatale's - Not as good as previous years but was decent. Worth a visit if it has a short line. 6/10

Slaughterhouse - Very loud and very much more involved with the guests than the previous mazes I visited. 8/10

KillMart - It's basically the same as I remember it last year. Some good scares are in here. 7/10

Urgent Scare - Lots of dialogue in here but they don't do much to scare you. 6/10

*NEW* Field of Screams - I don't think it's completely fair to judge this one yet because I went through and it was still bright out. But anyway... 7/10

Sorority House - This maze has very much improved since last year in my opinion. Great dialogue and great scares. There's a little bit of everything. 8/10

Board to Death - This maze had a few good scares and some cool scenery. 7/10

*NEW* Backwoods Bayou - To be honest... I don't remember too much of this so I must have not been too impressed. 6/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Notes:

- Nightmare Alley seemed to have more people in there than previous seasons.

- International Street is no longer a cemetery. I was a bit disappointed.

- Mystic Timbers looks great in Rivertown! Good views can be seen from the exit of Madame Fatale's exit (The Crypt)

• Like 2

**SPOILERS**

Went to opening night! Wait times were very minimal for most things and the longest line i was in was for the new maze Field of screams which was maybe 30 mins. All in all it was good! there were about the same amount of scare actors walking around this year as last year but Nightmare Alley was A lot better! More people in there there to give it that nightmare feel. we went on Invertigo, Banshee, Xtreme Skyflyer, Vortex, beast and Diamondback and only D-back and Banshee had 15 minute waits; the rest was walk on. Here are the mazes:
Carnevil- same as last year except a new entrance and that weird monkey thing was replaced by a real woman sitting at a fortune teller table. Isn't really scary unless you're afraid of clowns.
Cavern of Terror: Not really anything different but i did notice the lady that had the snake last year when backwoods bayou was a scare zone was now in this maze?? why? But you can still get maybe a scare or two in.
Slaughter House: I love this one; the theme is actually half way decent and the scare actors in this maze always get into it.I always get scared once or twice. 

Urgent Scare: Same as always not much different except the end once your outside? i dont remember if they had the animatronic there last year or not. I think this one is kinda run down.
NEW Field of screams: I liked it. the line goes through DA and its very well lit and they have a really nice set up in the front of the maze there was this old run down home to the side and the entrance is a red broken down barn. I actually really enjoyed the maze and the scare actors were sometimes really well hidden and plenty of scares. I do wish there was a little more theme to the actual maze. but overall a good one. 

Kill Mart: Same as always. I always think this one is kinda plain. It cool how it looks like a store set up but not enough decent scares in my opinion. 
Board to Death: I personally like this maze because its fun. its not too scary but there could be potential for one or two scares if you dont pay attention.

Blackout: I love this one. its probably my favorite. Although i was a little upset because my group jacked up the whole maze didnt listen and feel the wall to get through the maze. as far i could tell it was the same?? i dunno it was dark haha. I love the sound track too. it really freaks you out. 

we didnt get a chance to watch any show but this year they added fire cannon type things along the fountain!! it was so awesome and cool. every few minutes they would throw a few bursts of flames in the air!
ALSO! i read about the standalone skeleton key room and its an escape room! I though that was so cool and a nice added touch but they need to have it better advertised. Sorry i didnt get a chance to get any pictures. SO glad it wasnt bust tonight!

• Like 1

^ So what or where is Cemetery Drive?

They have located it around the grass area around the floral clock. With a few exceptions like Greg Scheid is located in Action Zone. I remember seeing some in other places but the majority are here.

e683d41ee15f22e73e44b89079312359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Erjint skair was yer favrit? That jest playn herts my feelins! I thot evry1 lykd my fyn fyn bovyn! - Sam

EDIT: Sorry, he's done it again. For you newer people, around this time of year my alter-ego Sam the Butcher, the Hyde to my Jekyll, sometimes hacks my account and posts his thoughts. And yes, the rumors are true: Mama let Sam take control of the Skeleton Key room this year.

And it's okay if Urgent Scare's was your favorite. I hear they have a good one over there! Sam's just a little sensitive (you should hear him when people tell him they like their steaks well done) but he'll get over it. LOL

#whatsintheshed

#samsintheshed

#oopswrongshed

• Like 9

Erjint skair was yer favrit? That jest playn herts my feelins! I thot evry1 lykd my fyn fyn bovyn! - Sam

EDIT: Sorry, he's done it again. For you newer people, around this time of year my alter-ego Sam the Butcher, the Hyde to my Jekyll, sometimes hacks my account and posts his thoughts. And yes, the rumors are true: Mama let Sam take control of the Skeleton Key room this year.

And it's okay if Urgent Scare's was your favorite. I hear they have a good one over there! Sam's just a little sensitive (you should hear him when people tell him they like their steaks well done) but he'll get over it. LOL

#whatsintheshed

#samsintheshed

#oopswrongshed

I saw sam last night!! He was great.
  • Like 2

#whatsintheshed

#samsintheshed

#oopswrongshed

I saw sam last night!! He was great.

#whatsintheshed

#samsintheshed

#oopswrongshed

This, this just made my day, thank you for the laugh. I will be trying out the Skeleton Key rooms this year again, so maybe I will get into Slaughterhouse, they could have some smoked meat, right?

• Like 5

Happy Haunt, everybody! :D

My boyfriend and I are going on the 7th, and we're super excited! We aren't planning on mazes, just rides, but that might change a bit.

What would you guys say is the least-scary maze, in terms of jump scares and actors? I hear Blackout is pretty tame. Are there scare actors in there? And do you guys have any tips to surviving haunted houses? I've never done one, and I'm afraid I would be scared out of my mind!

I didn't get to check out the park in detail last night, but I do have some quick impressions. There is a new large grim reaper/dark angel? animatronic on the floral calendar. I was impressed when I first saw it at the beginning of the night and thought it was a "statue" then much later walked by when it was laughing and flapping its wings, and was amazed.

463b31046af051df8478388f3f62fc30.jpg

But, my absolute favorite new thing I encountered so far is the fire jets lining the fountains. They are exciting enough to just have one go off when you are nearby, but fantastic when (from what I could tell) choreographed to go off in different sequences and patterns to go along with the Blood Drums show.

Video posted on the KIC Twitter feed earlier today:

https://twitter.com/KICentral/status/779472187430408192

• Like 6

**SPOILERS**

Went to opening night! Wait times were very minimal for most things and the longest line i was in was for the new maze Field of screams which was maybe 30 mins. All in all it was good! there were about the same amount of scare actors walking around this year as last year but Nightmare Alley was A lot better! More people in there there to give it that nightmare feel. we went on Invertigo, Banshee, Xtreme Skyflyer, Vortex, beast and Diamondback and only D-back and Banshee had 15 minute waits; the rest was walk on. Here are the mazes:

Carnevil- same as last year except a new entrance and that weird monkey thing was replaced by a real woman sitting at a fortune teller table. Isn't really scary unless you're afraid of clowns.

Cavern of Terror: Not really anything different but i did notice the lady that had the snake last year when backwoods bayou was a scare zone was now in this maze?? why? But you can still get maybe a scare or two in.

Slaughter House: I love this one; the theme is actually half way decent and the scare actors in this maze always get into it.I always get scared once or twice. 

Urgent Scare: Same as always not much different except the end once your outside? i dont remember if they had the animatronic there last year or not. I think this one is kinda run down.

NEW Field of screams: I liked it. the line goes through DA and its very well lit and they have a really nice set up in the front of the maze there was this old run down home to the side and the entrance is a red broken down barn. I actually really enjoyed the maze and the scare actors were sometimes really well hidden and plenty of scares. I do wish there was a little more theme to the actual maze. but overall a good one. 

Kill Mart: Same as always. I always think this one is kinda plain. It cool how it looks like a store set up but not enough decent scares in my opinion. 

Board to Death: I personally like this maze because its fun. its not too scary but there could be potential for one or two scares if you dont pay attention.

Blackout: I love this one. its probably my favorite. Although i was a little upset because my group jacked up the whole maze didnt listen and feel the wall to get through the maze. as far i could tell it was the same?? i dunno it was dark haha. I love the sound track too. it really freaks you out. 

we didnt get a chance to watch any show but this year they added fire cannon type things along the fountain!! it was so awesome and cool. every few minutes they would throw a few bursts of flames in the air!

ALSO! i read about the standalone skeleton key room and its an escape room! I though that was so cool and a nice added touch but they need to have it better advertised. Sorry i didnt get a chance to get any pictures. SO glad it wasnt bust tonight!

Here ya go, this is the post you saw that in.

• Like 1

Hadn't seen it mentioned yet this year but I was wondering if the situation with alcohol sales is similar to last year?

In years prior to 2015, there was an alcohol stand every ten feet it seemed like.  Last year, I brought a friend who likes to drink a lot (while I'm the driver) and I couldn't believe how many of the alcohol stands they had removed for Haunt.  Wondered if this was a one-year deal or if it's a permanent change.

• Like 1

Spent 15 minutes in Blackout today just going through the first half of it. This group in front of me and my friends went about 1 MPH (slower probably). Until finally I (Leader of the rope thing) got passed them and got out quickly as it was getting hot in there. Just strange being stuck in there for a long time.

• Like 2