2015 KIC Off Season Poll Series Week XXII: Most Memorable Opening Days at Kings Island

BB1

I don't know about you, but when Opening Day is looming I tend to reflect on the few Opening Days I have been too. It's truly a special day at the park when the coasters come alive yet again for a new season. But some of the Opening Days that we experience are more memorable, like your first ride on Banshee or your first ride on The Beast for the season. What is your most memorable Opening Day?

• Like 2

My most memorable memory is definitely 2014. Being at the park with such a great new coaster and having personally a job that I almost feel like I was destined to eventually have, but in a way I never imagined.. it was a time that I will always know and cherish. You can feel the excitement in the crowds and well.. it showed too with a several hour long queue.. it was quite the experience!

• Like 3

2015 was pretty. freakin'. epic. Breakfast + work + night rides after my shift= amazingness!  :D 2014 was crazy too because of the crowds (I believe I worked in Action Zone on Opening Day that year?) due to Banshee's arrival. And 2009 was nice because a 10 minute wait for the new coaster (Diamondback). Other than that, no other Opening Days truly stick out to me.

• Like 3

Tie between 2009, where I was auction rider #253 for Diamondback and initially met some very good people... a few of which I am still very close Friends with... and 2014 where I spent the day and evening with my closest of those Friends who has become more of a Brother to me (Indyguy4KI) and another small group of wonderful people, and enjoyed Banshee immensely.

• Like 3