The Legend of The Beast Video

dare-to-fly

If anyone would like to watch the video I made in honor of The Beast, here's the link. 

There are a few imperfections I noticed after the upload, and for some reason in saving, the words and lips don't quite match up for the couple places with dialogue.  I'm certainly not re-doing it.  It took about 4 hours to save and 2 to upload.

Enjoy.  :)

• Like 12

Hmm. Even though I know lots about this coaster (it is favorite after all), I still learned a thing or two here. Great video. Mainly the explanation of why in May 2014 I got a slower-than-usual ride on the mid-section of the ride (now I know because it wasn't crowded, the train was probably running pretty light, thus the shed brake bit HARD).

Also the part that mentions how high up the first brake shed is- I actually did notice that once during a ride in Halloween Haunt 2010. Surprised me a bit as I thought that was low to the ground at first.

• Like 1

Hmm. Even though I know lots about this coaster (it is favorite after all), I still learned a thing or two here. Great video. Mainly the explanation of why in May 2014 I got a slower-than-usual ride on the mid-section of the ride (now I know because it wasn't crowded, the train was probably running pretty light, thus the shed brake bit HARD).

Also FYI - The totals on the magnets - 1st drop 5, 2nd hill 6, brake shed 11, helix drop 5.  There are also 5 that you hit first thing before you even get to the safety brakes at the end of the ride to reduce wear, which works beautifully.  At the very beginning of the season and at the end during Haunt, they often take 1 section off the second hill, as many as 2 out of the brake shed, and 1 if not 2 off the helix.  This is because it's so cold in the mornings during those times of the year.  Once the ride is warmed up, there is no way to put them back without closing the ride and bolting them back on, so the evenings during the beginning and especially end of the season has the best rides.  During the summer, the cold isn't an issue, so they are kept at full strength leaving the morning rides with cool grease and mostly empty trains to be rather...well...Adventure Express-like.

1600 acres were bought Kings Island takes up 364acres

Confound it...quit finding all my mistakes. :)  I also said 3 bench to 4 bench instead of 4 bench to 3 bench.  I don't know how that one didn't get caught in quality inspection along with the wrong picture.  The acreage...well...that was a forgetful mistake.

• Like 2

Also FYI - The totals on the magnets - 1st drop 5, 2nd hill 6, brake shed 11, helix drop 5.  There are also 5 that you hit first thing before you even get to the safety brakes at the end of the ride to reduce wear, which works beautifully.  At the very beginning of the season and at the end during Haunt, they often take 1 section off the second hill, as many as 2 out of the brake shed, and 1 if not 2 off the helix.  This is because it's so cold in the mornings during those times of the year.  Once the ride is warmed up, there is no way to put them back without closing the ride and bolting them back on, so the evenings during the beginning and especially end of the season has the best rides.  During the summer, the cold isn't an issue, so they are kept at full strength leaving the morning rides with cool grease and mostly empty trains to be rather...well...Adventure Express-like.

1600 acres were bought Kings Island takes up 364acres

Confound it...quit finding all my mistakes. :)  I also said 3 bench to 4 bench instead of 4 bench to 3 bench.  I don't know how that one didn't get caught in quality inspection along with the wrong picture.  The acreage...well...that was a forgetful mistake.

And that would explain why my Halloween Haunt night rides, as well as the night ride on Opening Day 2014, were so darn good...fully loaded trains (all of those visits were pretty crowded) and less trims than usual.

Thanks for the info. :P

• Like 1

Great job Dare-To-Fly, I highly enjoyed it!

Saw a couple of familiar faces in the video!

Little over a week now gang, can't wait!

Thanks!  I tried not to post any of the photos where the faces are too obvious, but they probably are very familiar.  I'll keep names and, as applicable, usernames out of it though.  ;)

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for the KI offseason.  Not a moment too soon!  See you in line.  :)

• Like 3

Poor Chris.  :'(

He was the ONLY one that sent me a video of all the FB friends I asked.  

...why I didn't post that request on here, I have no idea.  That would have been my smartest move.

Great video Nick!! I really enjoyed it! 

I had to giggle because my voice didn't match up at some points with my words.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Chris.  :'(

He was the ONLY one that sent me a video of all the FB friends I asked.  

...why I didn't post that request on here, I have no idea.  That would have been my smartest move.

Great video Nick!! I really enjoyed it! 

I had to giggle because my voice didn't match up at some points with my words.

That was one of my big issues with this one.  It may be because of the length, type of camera, or really anything.  It only took about 5 hours to save and another 5 to upload, so I really didn't want to go back and try and fix that or the other three or four issues I caught.

• Like 2

Ignore the screaming in the woods......

Everything is fine.  Last chance to escape the wrath of The Beast!

I finally got around to watching this last night, and I Loved it.  Thanks for taking the time to do this, Nick!

It was a pleasure!  I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Got to know a few things from the video! Thank you D2F :D

Glad you did.  I have lots more that I could have added, but I didn't want to get too detailed.  I kind of felt like I did already.  :) 

...and I really SUCK at acronyms.  That should not have taken a few seconds for me to figure out.  ;)

• Like 2