2015 KIC Off Season Poll Series Week XXIV: Where Will 2016 Take You? The end of the 2015 KIC Poll Series

BB1

This is it, the grand finale. We are finally at the end of the Off Season as Kings Island opens this coming Saturday for everyone to join in on the great thrills at Kings Island. As I was planning out this week's poll, I couldn't help but think of the future of where we will go in 2016. Sure, I could end out on the best of this and why is this the best, but really, that cannot be the end. This poll series is dedicated to keeping enthusiasts out of the Off Season blues, but also to expose ideas and branch out into what we can do in 2016. So to end out the 2015 KIC Off Season Poll Series, where will 2016 take you? Will you go to more parks? Or will you re acquaint yourself with old parks? Will you come back to a classic Kings Island event? Or will you become immersed into a new Kings Island Tradition?

I would like to say a special thanks to everyone who participated this year! Overall we have 24 weeks of polling, never skipping a week, with credible debate and conversations in most of the polls. As well, this year's poll has been interesting as this year I had some interesting poll topics arise, and some interesting conversations pop up. I'm glad that this year was such a success, and yes there will be a 2016 KIC Off Season Poll Series.

Now give me a break and let me get back to looking up Boomerang Bay stuff.  :lol:

• Like 3

I'll be on a year hiatus from Kings Island as I need a break from going there.  As many wise people here have said, familiarity breeds contempt, and I feel I need a break from the things going on at KI that have been irking me as of the last few season (that is, unless I get the band gig).  I will be going in late-August or whenever they start selling 2017 passes as I do want to get a Platinum Pass to get myself up to Cedar Point and possibly Michigan's Adventure and/or Dorney for 2017 (I may squeeze in Kennywood or Hershey if I do Dorney).  

My 2 main parks of interest this summer are Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom.  I've not been to either and I'm looking forward to which each has to offer.  Holiday World has been on my radar for a while, but its just outside of my day-trip limit for driving (I'm 3 hours from Santa Claus, IN plus a time zone change), so I'm making arrangements to stay nearby, mainly to give myself plenty of time to see what Holiday World and Splashin' Safari both have to offer.  I'm approaching it like I normally do for a Cedar Point trip since this will be my first visit and I want to take my time.

As many here have probably seen in the KK thread, I tend to rail on the park a lot.  I was initially going to go visit back in the late 2000's, but that's when I heard about their imminent closure.  I'll admit, I'm not as interested in the park as I was back when they still had Chang and the original Twisted Twins, but I might as well try to go when they're actually open.   I'm just within my day-trip driving limit for Louisville (2 hours) and KK's short hours will help me out as well.  

I'll also likely be going once or twice to The Beach as well.  

• Like 6

Since a lot of different factors kept my park trips very limited last year... and my trips to KI were none.... I am going to be there on Saturday to revisit some favorites, and reunite with some very close Friends.  I am also going to be doing some weekday trips to the park before the end of the school year, so I can actually enjoy it, as well as my regular Pride Night trip (that I also missed last year).  I am going to give Cedar Point exactly ONE chance to redeem themselves to me from an employee and park operations standpoint after FailMania last year, and will be doing that on a weekday as well to give them the best fighting chance.  Further trips to CP will hinge on that.  I am fighting an internal battle as to whether or not I am going to hit Holiday World, but since I am only 1.5 hours away Im likely going to make the trip.  Worlds of Fun and Adventureland are both must dos this year, and that trip is already scheduled for early June.  First time visits to Stricker's, Waldameer, and hopefully Knoebel's are also tentatively planned, and returns to Dollywood and Kings Dominion are very high on my list.  Of course, in a perfect World Id also like to add BGW, Carowinds, and Alabama's Splash Adventure to the list, but those are ones that might have to wait until 2017.

• Like 3

I'm going to, again, revel in my season pass to Kings Island, like I have the last couple years. Even going twice a week on average last summer (and a great many of those trips being open until close), I wasn't bored. I'm still working on making up for the years I went without coasters or parks in my life.

I'm also planning on my first trip to Stricker's Grove to celebrate my 40th birthday, and I may be able to make a trip up to Indiana Beach with some friends (and play Fascination!) but that's about it.

• Like 5