Coaster Campout 2016

BeeastFarmer

"New this year! Campsites will be located behind the Eiffel Tower, near Diamondback."

Well, that makes me much more likely to go than when it was in Picnic Grove last year. It is a little more tempting, but at effectively $100 each for my husband and I, plus needing to scrounge up a tent, etc. I'm probably going to have to donate through other means this year. It sounds like a lot of fun for those who are able to do it, though!

• Like 2

Also interesting from the Carowinds page is that Crabbie Cabbie (apparently the Carowinds equivalent of Great Pumpkin Coaster) will operate without the max height restriction for the first hour. Gotta let those enthusiasts grab those rare kiddie coaster credits :P

• Like 3

Seems they learned a few things from last year, but are repeating some mistakes.  In looking at CP and CW's events, more features are available.  Meals, ERT etc.  There is a good cause in the end, but I will give the equivalent to another charity.  Since it's on a weekend, I can't go anyway, even if I wanted to.

The park's mobile and desktop sites are entirely separate, and links to specific pages on the desktop site redirect to the mobile website's homepage if viewed on a mobile device.

To stop the redirection, and view a page from the desktop site on your mobile device, append ?mobile=0 to the URL. So, https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/Coaster-Campout-7-28-15-45?mobile=0

• Like 2

"New this year! Campsites will be located behind the Eiffel Tower, near Diamondback."

Well, this is an improvement.  I think having the flat rides open for ERT is a good family move, but the lack of a marquee attraction for ERT is a negative.  Diamondback and Banshee aren't open for the late night or early morning ERT.  

• Like 2

So, Cedar Point has released the details on their camp out.  it is June 5th and 6th (Sunday and Monday right after Coastermania).  The timing is a bit weird, but the benefits seem to trump Kings Island's event.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/things-to-do/events/Coaster-Campout-7-28-15-00

The Cedar Point event includes admission for both days (vs just 1 day at KI), and an evening meal.  It also has ERT on Maverick, Millennium Force, and Valravn.  I guess KI's event is more catered towards families with season passes? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...