Boo Blasters opinions and predictions

MaestroJr

Greetings fellow forum members, I would like to wish everyone a happy Kings Island opening day 2016, the off season went by so fast and I can't believe that the park opens in three days. I hope everyone is doing well and hope that its a great season this year. Safe travels for all who go Saturday, and it looks like it should be a great day for weather as well with temperatures in the 70s and sunny. I just wanted to start a thread on the current dark ride at the park and hear some peoples opinions on certain things. I really just want to hear what the community thinks so here it goes!

First off, do you think that it will be the last season of Boo Blasters, and if so what do you hope for in 2017?

Second, do you think that on opening day Saturday that all the props and blasters will be working like they are supposed to or do you think that they will be the same as the end of last season?

Third, what do you think will happen to all the Boo Blasters props and animatronics when the ride is retired?

And lastly, how long do you think Boo Blasters will run this year if a new ride is concieved? Do you think it will run all year, or get shut down in the middle sort of like what happened to Phantom Theater? 

Any opinions or predictions are welcome and I greatly appreciate hearing the communities input on our current dark ride Boo Blasters. I think alot about these issues concerning the ride and just want to hear what y'all think? I myself have enjoyed Boo Blasters and had lots of memories on it but I am aware of its probems, mainly the blasters in my opinion. Thanks for any comments and I look forward to a great 2016 at Kings Island! Thanks! Cheers, MaestroJr

• Like 6

First off, do you think that it will be the last season of Boo Blasters, and if so what do you hope for in 2017?

As a mere fan of the park, I don't get the feeling this will be the final year for this attraction; however, nothing is ever certain.

Second, do you think that on opening day Saturday that all the props and blasters will be working like they are supposed to or do you think that they will be the same as the end of last season? I'm placing my chips on the latter; however, I've read no park updates indicating anything to the contrary.

Third, what do you think will happen to all the Boo Blasters props and animatronics when the ride is retired? I think they'd probably be tucked away in a warehouse, or stacked somewhere out-of-view.

And lastly, how long do you think Boo Blasters will run this year if a new ride is concieved? Do you think it will run all year, or get shut down in the middle sort of like what happened to Phantom Theater? Who can say for sure? Shake, Rattle & Roll was dismantled mysteriously before I knew what was going on (which was a glorious metamorphosis, by the way) mid-season in 2014, and in 2015, the Monster went through something similar. I'd say it's up to the park, and if/when they do introduce a new concept, it will generate lots of excitement and fun speculation until the Don and/or Greg of that time lift the veil.

• Like 4

I like boo blasters and have quite a bit of fun on the ride but I would honestly like to see a new dark ride. I feel like even when they do repair the props and blasters it doesn't take long for them to break again. There are times when I have ridden the ride where hardly anything is working at all. I would love a new dark ride but honestly I'd rather not have a shooting dark ride if we ever get a new one. We could hope that they have fixed all of the props and blasters for this season but I just have a feeling that that's not the case. While I'd like a new dark ride I honestly hope this one doesn't end up closing mid way through the season if a new ride is going to replace it. This is one ride my wife and I can ride together since she has gotten to the point where she gets sick while riding most of the rides at ki. If they were to close this one early that's one less ride we could ride together.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

1. Possibly, but I'm not certain, I would assume that sometime between 2016-2020 it would be removed.

2. I don't think I ever remember a time when all the props for Boo Blasters we're properly working, (especially counting the guns). So I would have to say no to that one. 

3. When Boo Blasters finally retired the props and animatronics will be set in storage and probably used as decorations for Haunt.

4.(If this does happen) It might close mid-season like Phantom Theater did, so they can get started on a new ride.

Prediction: Since the ride is so close to Planet Snoopy, it wouldn't surprise me if it gets re-themed to be a Peanuts dark ride.

• Like 3

For those of you who frequent this forum, you are well aware of my opinions on the Boo Blasters ride.  I would re-type all my thoughts here, but I don't have the energy to do so.  I will say t his though, I'm counting down the says until Boo Blasters is gone.  It's been a horrible retheme, and a cheap, lazy one at that.  Get rid of the cardboard cutouts and put some REAL figures/animatronics in there.  And a big one...Get A Story!  There is absolutely no story and no theme to the whole thing.  Who's Boocifer, why is he haunting the castle, why are we trying to defeat him, who are the boos? Are they good, or bad like Boocifer?  What/where is Boo Hill?  So many questions, no answers.  We just wander into a random castle, grab some random blasters, and start shooting things for no good reason.  At least Scooby and Shaggy appeared in the queue and explained sort of what was going on when it was Scooby's Haunted Castle.  And lastly, GET RID OF THE TVS IN THE QUEUE!  When I enter a themed dark ride (the word "themed used loosely here for Boo Blasters), I want to be immersed in that world and feel like I'm actually there for the moment.  I don't want to watch FUN TV and hear "Let it Go" from Frozen while I'm hanging out in a Haunted Castle.  Get a clue KI! 

Sorry bout the rant, but I'm done now.  Ask me if I will be sorry to see Boo Blasters go.  You can probably guess my answer.

• Like 11

For those of you who frequent this forum, you are well aware of my opinions on the Boo Blasters ride.  I would re-type all my thoughts here, but I don't have the energy to do so.  I will say t his though, I'm counting down the says until Boo Blasters is gone.  It's been a horrible retheme, and a cheap, lazy one at that.  Get rid of the cardboard cutouts and put some REAL figures/animatronics in there.  And a big one...Get A Story!  There is absolutely no story and no theme to the whole thing.  Who's Boocifer, why is he haunting the castle, why are we trying to defeat him, who are the boos? Are they good, or bad like Boocifer?  What/where is Boo Hill?  So many questions, no answers.  We just wander into a random castle, grab some random blasters, and start shooting things for no good reason.  At least Scooby and Shaggy appeared in the queue and explained sort of what was going on when it was Scooby's Haunted Castle.  And lastly, GET RID OF THE TVS IN THE QUEUE!  When I enter a themed dark ride (the word "themed used loosely here for Boo Blasters), I want to be immersed in that world and feel like I'm actually there for the moment.  I don't want to watch FUN TV and hear "Let it Go" from Frozen while I'm hanging out in a Haunted Castle.  Get a clue KI! 

Sorry bout the rant, but I'm done now.  Ask me if I will be sorry to see Boo Blasters go.  You can probably guess my answer.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think that if the next thing is another haunted dark ride, I would like it to be a more of an "experience" ride. Not a lot of story, but just enough to keep you wondering, like the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean. Phantom Theater was an experience ride-a series of events that led up to the climax (the evil prop room) and it didn't have a lot of story. An abandoned vaudeville theater haunted by the old headliners. But, you still had questions-how did they all die? Why did the theater close? At Boo Blasters, there are no hints to a story or anything. You go to a haunted castle, and you have to shoot stuff like some guy named Boocifer. And I would love physical props. No Triotech screens or anything. To me, it just isn't a dark ride without real props. Surrounded by screens just makes you feel you are watching an interactive movie.  

• Like 5

Now that we are in the Cedar Fair Era. I think it would be best for a new dark ride much like CW's The Gaurdian or Knott's Iron Reef. The park should just stay away from animatronics, and any lighting that isn't LED.

I rode it and most of everything did not work at all.... At least in the car we rode in the blasters worked but over half of the targets didn't work and most of the props were broken and didn't move..... They didn't seem to give the ride any attention during the off season

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Now that we are in the Cedar Fair Era. I think it would be best for a new dark ride much like CW's The Gaurdian or Knott's Iron Reef. The park should just stay away from animatronics, and any lighting that isn't LED.

^This. I was at Knotts in October and got the chance to experience Iron Reef. It made me realize just how much we need an up-to-date dark ride here. Boo Blasters makes me grin, its quaint.. maybe I'm just being nostalgic. But now, most would agree that BB needs to be put out to pasture. 

• Like 3

I would love to see boats and water return as well, as that really helps see the theming of the ride and helps you pay attention to every detail of the ride. This was done greatly in both Enchanted Voyage, and The Smurfs. But I doubt Kings Island will do so as it would be pretty expensive, and the omnimover system has been in place for 24 years. The advantage of the omnimover system is that anyone pretty much can ride, it especially is good for people with certain disabilities as the cars are close to the queue line, and the cars close up to make sure that everyone is safe.

Really what I think the ride needs for now is new blasters, as these have been in place probaly since Scooby's Haunted Castle opened up back in 2003. 13 years is a long time. Back then they worked great, like the first time I rode Scooby when it opened, I was amazed how accurate they were. But things have changed and while I do hope for an overhaul soon, for now I just want blasters that actually work more then 5% of the time! I think its obivious that people are disapointed with Boo Blasters, but if certain things were fixed on it, (like the guy getting chased that hasn't worked for like 3 years and the blasters), I think people would like it more. I always wonder in 20 years what kids who grew up with Boo Blasters will think of it looking back. It has decent theming, and it is a fairly spooky ride. It has nostalgic factors for me as everytime I walk in Boo Blasters, I always gaze up at Maestro's balcony just like I did the first time I rode Phantom Theater, but for Boo Blasters problems, they need to be fixed. Sorry for the little rant but I just want to love this ride so much, every time I ride it I want it to work but it just doesn't. I will admit that I personally enjoy riding Boo Blasters and it is great for families, but I always find something missing about it. Hopefully the park will listen and help fix these issues to help make Boo Blasters a good ride that people will love to ride every time they visit and be proud of. That'll be all! MaestroJr

• Like 3

I would love to see boats and water return as well, as that really helps see the theming of the ride and helps you pay attention to every detail of the ride. This was done greatly in both Enchanted Voyage, and The Smurfs. But I doubt Kings Island will do so as it would be pretty expensive, and the omnimover system has been in place for 24 years. The advantage of the omnimover system is that anyone pretty much can ride, it especially is good for people with certain disabilities as the cars are close to the queue line, and the cars close up to make sure that everyone is safe.

Really what I think the ride needs for now is new blasters, as these have been in place probaly since Scooby's Haunted Castle opened up back in 2003. 13 years is a long time. Back then they worked great, like the first time I rode Scooby when it opened, I was amazed how accurate they were. But things have changed and while I do hope for an overhaul soon, for now I just want blasters that actually work more then 5% of the time! I think its obivious that people are disapointed with Boo Blasters, but if certain things were fixed on it, (like the guy getting chased that hasn't worked for like 3 years and the blasters), I think people would like it more. I always wonder in 20 years what kids who grew up with Boo Blasters will think of it looking back. It has decent theming, and it is a fairly spooky ride. It has nostalgic factors for me as everytime I walk in Boo Blasters, I always gaze up at Maestro's balcony just like I did the first time I rode Phantom Theater, but for Boo Blasters problems, they need to be fixed. Sorry for the little rant but I just want to love this ride so much, every time I ride it I want it to work but it just doesn't. I will admit that I personally enjoy riding Boo Blasters and it is great for families, but I always find something missing about it. Hopefully the park will listen and help fix these issues to help make Boo Blasters a good ride that people will love to ride every time they visit and be proud of. That'll be all! MaestroJr

The guns also used to make sound too, (I believe the sound was around briefly in 2010, then removed the following year.) The sound was really annoying and the couldn't hear much of the ride because the guns were too loud.

Also has anybody noticed the same Peace Sign and Flowers on the gun from when the ride was Scooby Doo?

• Like 4