Boo Blasters opinions and predictions

MaestroJr

Very true Terp, they are defiantly Boo Blasters. Although these days there's not much blasting on Boo Hill as the blasters dont work like they used to, I like to refer to the ride as Boo on Boo Hill, or simply just Boo. If our blasters dont work we cant protect Bleakstone Manor from Boocifer and his ghosts. There may be blasters but they have seen better days. MaestroJr

• Like 1

Actually there is kind of a story to Boo Blasters, if you notice the three long paragraphs on the wall in the hallway, when you are about to walk into the ride area. I have no clue what they say because there's never really time to read them because it's dark and you don't have much time to even attempt to read them.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly I think they were called "StarBright Flash Lights" when it was Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle.

Actually, I believe they were referred to as "Fright Lights".

Is anybody else bummed that the fog screen with the projection of Boocifer hasn't worked since like the first season it opened? I thought that was one of the cooler parts of the ride!

• Like 3

Actually there is kind of a story to Boo Blasters, if you notice the three long paragraphs on the wall in the hallway, when you are about to walk into the ride area. I have no clue what they say because there's never really time to read them because it's dark and you don't have much time to even attempt to read them.

If you have to tell a story with long paragraphs of information you may not have a good story on your ride....

To be honest, the lack of demarcation on that ride makes it difficult to follow any form of story. Your shooting at pictures, then you are in a library and a boiler room and then there are skeletons and then it's over....

Compare to say Smurfs that told the story of Smurfs being chased, or Phantom where the Phantom told you he was bringing you into his haunted theater....

• Like 5

If you have to tell a story with long paragraphs of information you may not have a good story on your ride....

To be honest, the lack of demarcation on that ride makes it difficult to follow any form of story. Your shooting at pictures, then you are in a library and a boiler room and then there are skeletons and then it's over....

Compare to say Smurfs that told the story of Smurfs being chased, or Phantom where the Phantom told you he was bringing you into his haunted theater....

Or the Scooby Gang trying to solve the money bags mystery............

• Like 2

If I remember correctly I think they were called "StarBright Flash Lights" when it was Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle.

Actually, I believe they were referred to as "Fright Lights".

Is anybody else bummed that the fog screen with the projection of Boocifer hasn't worked since like the first season it opened? I thought that was one of the cooler parts of the ride!

First season? More like the first couple of weeks of the first season.

• Like 1

Here's something I never really understood on Boo Blasters.  When you leave the main queue area and go up the stairs to the hallway leading to the loading area, there is always a ride attendant there asking you how many riders you have, only to send you through to the ride area.  Then, 1 minute and less than 10 feet later, there is another ride attendant who actually loads you into the vehicle asking you the exact same question. 

What is the point of that first ride attendant in the hallway?  You telling them how many riders you have does absolutely no good.  For years I've been trying to figure out why they need two different ride attendants so close together asking you how many riders you have. 

Do any of you know the answer to this or have a theory? I'd love to hear it!

• Like 4

don't know if this is something new or not, but when I went last Friday, the ride attendant who asked how many people you had was in the queue area before you go up the steps down the hallway to get into the ride, something I've never seen personally.

The ride operators seem to do this whenever it is a low capacity day. That is, whenever Boo Blasters is a walk-on.  I imagine it is to control those pesky teens who think they can hop over all four handrails without injuring themselves to some capacity.

Here's something I never really understood on Boo Blasters.  When you leave the main queue area and go up the stairs to the hallway leading to the loading area, there is always a ride attendant there asking you how many riders you have, only to send you through to the ride area.  Then, 1 minute and less than 10 feet later, there is another ride attendant who actually loads you into the vehicle asking you the exact same question. 

What is the point of that first ride attendant in the hallway?  You telling them how many riders you have does absolutely no good.  For years I've been trying to figure out why they need two different ride attendants so close together asking you how many riders you have. 

Do any of you know the answer to this or have a theory? I'd love to hear it!

I think they do this to separate you into groups to make it easier for the person by the loading platform.  They also do this for Fast Lane and to count Fast Lane capacity.  But basically if a group goes into the ride with 8 people, the first ride op at the end of the hallway informs you that you need to separate into groups of 3, 3, and 2.  This way, when you get to the ride op at the moving platform, he can load you quickly and efficiently and doesn't have to wait while you decide who should go with who, since your groups would have already been decided.

• Like 3

Really ? I Thought they were call ''Fright Light Flash Lights''. I HATE Boo Blasters it need to be re-themed to Snoopy. I strongly dislike this generic crappy ride. A new spooky haunted house would be cool if not themed to or around snoopy.

They were called "Fright Lights" when it was Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle.

• Like 2

All I can say is WOW! I have never heard of that happening before. I wonder where on Boo Blasters she dropped it at? If it happened at almost 9:30 she probably could have got it back in about half in hour right? Banned from Carowinds for 5 years and could've also gotten seriously injured. Unfortunate mistake by the woman. What a crazy incident, thanks for the post! MaestroJr

• 4 weeks later...

Have you really noticed that recently? The last few weeks when I have been on boo blasters I was impressed that it's actually it's own FUNtv content... It has songs like thriller and is all "dark" content. I don't go much during haunt, but I assume it's recycled content that is used for that. Regardless, I thought it fit the theme... So I'm curious if your comment is based on old data or if I've just gotten lucky when I've rode this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1