Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

^^Its across from Diamondback and the Reds HOF Grille where the old entrance to White Water Canyon and the former funnel cake stand used to be.  Its between the train station and Run for Your Life Charlie Brown (the log flume).  

We are just speculating on what it could be.  Its set up much like Banshee's construction was back in 2013.  Its hinting towards something

EDIT: Yay  for simul-posting. 

• Like 4

I'd like to reserve a seat in the Wooden section. I really hope we get another woodie, but something not so classic like an out and back. Something teisty, maybe MAYBE a hybrid with some steller twists and inline twists. Has anyone seen the POV for Medusa? Something like that! Or, it could be our dark ride, station over there and use the box as the main show area. Eitherway 2017 is gonna be fun!

• Like 4

I heard from a friend that RMC had 3 projects in the United States this year. It is not likely that Six Flags will have all three, so could it be possible that that is what's happening? He learned this from a RMC factory tour. It would be surprising if that is actually happening. but just as surprising as putting a giga coaster in that spot, due to Diamondback already being there, as we all know. Most likely it will be a GCI, or log flume, but there is always a slight possibility some crazy things will happen. We will find out soon!

• Like 4

My question is if this is a coaster where will it go? There's not all that much room. I know you can fit a coaster were it doesn't seem like there is room (Cedar Point).

Would you think it would share the area where WWC is now. I wouldn't want to see a lot of trees go. Any of those famous paint shop layout-drawing guys out there? :)

^*Consider Darien Lake

• Like 2

They could also utilize space on the other side of Diamondback or some of the space beyond the train sheds if they get ambitious.  Otherwise, a decent size coaster or flume could fit back there (not B&M scale, but a GCI or Mack wouldn't be out of the question).  

I don't know if KI would be too ambitious with this, but It could also be a collection of smaller rides with something like a wild mouse coaster, too.  Additionally, with a bigger Rivertown area, they might be prompted to do some TLC with the train, perhaps re-add the animated effects it used to have.  

Just thinking out loud here.  

• Like 5

I haven't been on here for a while, so it wasn't until I saw the posting of the fence on FB that I thought I'd see what's going on.

My money is on a new woodie.  Terrain, record breaking in some sort, I REZLLY don't care who builds it (as long as the bast**** who built SOB don't get their paws in it), and a TRUE woodie - not that twisted "fake" track that's all the rage these days.

Don't like what I said?  Tough cookies!  Live with it.

• Like 7

Here is my opinion on the whole thing.

Watch for falling trees

The first idea that comes to my head is a wooden roller coaster. 'Cause you know, trees. 

The second idea that comes to my mind also sort of mixes with the first idea. The second idea is a coaster of any sorts is coming. They're tearing down more trees in the next few months for an impending announcement of a roller coaster. 

• Like 9

DARK RIDE!!!!!!! Lessgoooooooooooo! Matt Ouimet has said already (and has already done so in some parks) that he wishes to capitalize on some of the local/regional features of each park in the coming years. He's also said that he foresees placing a dark ride of sorts in each park at some point. Seeing as we just got Banshee 2 years ago, it PROBABLY isn't a new roller coaster. Yes, I know Cedar Point is already getting a new one this year, but let's remember that we're not Cedar Point.

So...what I was thinking...was falling trees. What/who lives in our woods/densely tree-filled areas of the park? The Beast. Going off of what we know Mr. Ouimet has already said, maybe it could be a dark ride that features the legacy of The Beast in some way and how it could wreck havoc on our park (and the trees).

• Like 8

My personal opinion/semi-informed guess is we will know soon IF it's a coaster and if so what kind. A B&M would very likely be a giga.

If it's a B&M you'll probably see footer holes in early May and poured footers by early June. Likewise if it's wood coaster it will be very apparent soon. Wooden coasters take longer to build and you'd see the aforementioned many little piling style footers.

https://purecoaster.com/2012/11/20/gold-striker-construction-update/

Edit: Provided link with pictures of GoldStriker construction in 2012... pretty telltale signs.

• Like 5

I randomly mentioned last year after my first WWC ride that the location behind the train and around WWC would be perfect for a wooden terrain coaster. If RMC could make a twister back there it would be amazing. The only thing is if it is indeed a coaster I highly doubt CF would be able to keep trees around for the ride. They have shown the tendency to basically clear an entire plot of trees with their many recent coaster installations. Its a shame because trees can make a ride even more intense.

But for some reason I wouldn't be surprise if this is a log flume ride. You have WWC placed back in the woods plus the theming of RFYLCB makes me feel it is targeted for kids. They can make that whole area basically a "wet section" for the dry side of the park. Idk but this decoding will be fun. Even if after all of the teasing it turns out to be more animatronic dinasours... Haha

• Like 6

I know it says "Watch for falling trees" which makes you think of a wooden coaster, but by the same logic, Banshees teasers said something like "Area under surveillance" or something which would indicate a theater or "NSA: The Ride." Personally, I'm hoping for a Mack multi launch that would be all around crazy like Blue Fire. I would prefer an Intamin multi launch like Mav, but sadly I don't think that will happen. A B&M giga is the next logical coaster, but it seems like this isn't the area to put one. Personally, I believe it'll be a triotech dark ride, with a giga coming in 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

BB1, on 12 Apr 2016 - 1:26 PM, said:

^I would look for CoasterOhio's profile image coming to a park near you!

"Everything's a cycle folks, even this is one!"

In all seriousness, the wall returns, and so does the decoding. I'm saying that it will be an attraction!

First the fence, now the topic? Geez I seriously need to stop being so accurate with my predictions, I'm not Nostradomis you know!

I'm just putting this out here for people to chew on:

• The start of the Project 2017 discussion was sparked by a very renowned Cedar Fair employee visiting the park looking at plans.
  • Said plans are what seems to be around White Water Canyon. 
  • Fence goes up around old entrance of WWC and the old Funnel Cake Stand.
  • Terp posts nebulous posts about diversions when the dirt fiasco happened earlier this year.
  • We could easily see a flat ride, a dark ride, a "log flume" (ha ha, get it?) or maybe a coaster (which would make no sense as it doesn't fit in with timelines)
  • Antique Cars anyone?
  • Like 8