Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Here are my two bets:

1).  A gerstlauer Sky Fly for 2017. The area is perfect for a ride of the caliber and theme. Call the ride something like buzzsaws, and theme the seats to sawblades. It's a perfect fit for being right up against a log flume.

2). A wooden coaster( a possible clone of the Aeroplane Dips). Why? KI tried to build the ride 3 times in the 1990s. With a need for an airtime filled wooden coaster, wouldn't it be a perfect fit to nestle a tight fitting GCI into the woods?

3). A hyper coaster. SAY WHAT? I think if anything KI will build a second hyper coaster. Why? Since the area in that section of the park is on a decreasing gradient, it might provide Cedar Fair the chance to try out something similar to what Kennywood did with Phantom's Revenge. Have a 270 foot coaster, with a 300+ foot drop into the woods.

• Like 1

Wilderness Run, is the kid steel coaster at Cedar Point. Maybe Kings Island will be getting a family steel coaster under the name of Wilderness Run.  That theme fits what is being teased  but at the same time KI is trying to steer the excitement so maybe it won't be a family ride.  

• Like 2

Here are my two bets:

1). A gerstlauer Sky Fly for 2017. The area is perfect for a ride of the caliber and theme. Call the ride something like buzzsaws, and theme the seats to sawblades. It's a perfect fit for being right up against a log flume.

2). A wooden coaster( a possible clone of the Aeroplane Dips). Why? KI tried to build the ride 3 times in the 1990s. With a need for an airtime filled wooden coaster, wouldn't it be a perfect fit to nestle a tight fitting GCI into the woods?

3). A hyper coaster. SAY WHAT? I think if anything KI will build a second hyper coaster. Why? Since the area in that section of the park is on a decreasing gradient, it might provide Cedar Fair the chance to try out something similar to what Kennywood did with Phantom's Revenge. Have a 270 foot coaster, with a 300+ foot drop into the woods.

Technically, wouldn't that be considered a giga?

• Like 1

It does seem like space for a flat ride but as somebody mentioned earlier, it would be strange to start teasing for one this soon. I take back my earlier statement of it being a dark ride. I feel like there would not be too many trees torn down for that. By the way, does anybody know how much space there is between there and Soak City? I feel like there's a ton of space there, plus space all back by Diamondback and The Beast if it has enough momentum to take it all the way out there and back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I love how KI is subtly hyping this up. Taking pictures of the fence and the next day talking about all the Eiffel Tower could see. If it is a coaster I think a GCI twister makes the most sense. 

The only problem I could see with a GCI is they have low capacity. Large parks like CP and KI generally need coasters that can fit a large amount of people per ride.

• Like 5

I love how KI is subtly hyping this up. Taking pictures of the fence and the next day talking about all the Eiffel Tower could see. If it is a coaster I think a GCI twister makes the most sense.

The only problem I could see with a GCI is they have low capacity. Large parks like CP and KI generally need coasters that can fit a large amount of people per ride.

Not to mention on Instagram to day KI put 2 back-to-back posts, the first about RFYLCB and the second about the railroad. I think somebody's been reading this thread...

• Like 13

Ok, I think we ARE getting a Giga. I think numerous pieces of evidence support it.

~~~~~~~~~~~Guess Below~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

First, why on earth would they hype up a wooden coaster that would be smaller than the park's main wooden coaster, located in the same exact region of the park? Second, there has been many improvements to Rivertown. Ask this question, would it be worth the reward to spruce up Rivertown for a GCI. Honestly, Coney Mall wasn't spruced up when Firehawk or Backlot was added. Diamondback and Banshee led to refurbished areas. Just a thought Third, CF renewed the copyright for Centurion. Why is this important? Think about it. A coaster over  White Water Canyon.  I think KI might be retheming a section of Rivertown into a Roman themed area of the park. Fourth, it would make perfect sense for a collosal coaster named Centurion to be in a park in a suburb of Cincinnati, named after Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus, a Roman dictator, White Water Canyon would pick up a Roman theme as well, possibly being re-themed to the Rubicon.

Now on to the coaster. What do we know? First Decker, from CF, is known for emphasizing height. Diamondback, Gatekeeper, Leviathan, Intimidator, and Fury 325 were all placed in a location where the people could get a relative sense of how far off from the ground they were. How can that be done at Kings Island? The ride will likely start with a chain lift towards Soak City, since what better emphasizes height than seeing tiny people from 300+ feet up in the air. The first drop will likely be followed by turns, bringing the ride over WWC, figuratively "Crossing The Rubicon". We know from a photo tweeted out, that there will be some sort of turnaround. I think the turns will be small overbanked turns (like Fury), with the main overbanked turn, being by the waterpark. The ride will likely have smaller airtime hills then Diamondback, but it will provide serious airtime.

• Like 7

If this were a giga, we'd be seeing way, way more clearing and footers by now.  Diamondback and Banshee had clearing and footers on the ground by the 2008 and 2013 opening days respectively.  

There are footers. One that looked like a transfer track footer was in the video teased by the park themselves.

• Like 2

We should checkout the fury build thread, if there is one, to help determine whether this is a giga. Carowinds opens in March, so KI could be a month behind. I was on the log earlier and saw several survey markings leading into the woods. This is going to fun to follow for sure.

• Like 8