Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I also posted the in the "Project 2017?" thread, but feel it's relevant enough to post here too.

It looked like a lot of trees were down for as far as I could see down the old WWC path, from the train. Also, the lake is drained, and I can't help but wonder if maybe footers or something will be going in there, and then it'll be filled back in, if that's even possible. (I would imagine they could put footers in, then have them end up under water. I'm trying to think if any of DB's are submerged....)

Also, can we get a link to the teaser video mentioned above? I checked and didn't see it, but maybe I'm just overlooking it in my excitement.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Whoa where can I get the cool drinks and extras you all are using!

Comparing what the park did under the last years of Paramount and under Knizel to what it does today is like comparing your math skills from when you were in Kindergarten to today....

And as Terp said you could always go look at maps and plans.....

But yes the way the park now runs is to hype things so maybe it's Bathroom maybes it a coaster. Heck last year they Hyped a toll booth...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12

I recall a certain CF park demolishing 2 rides, and a front entrance. And then construct a certain B&M, and new entrance. All within one off-season.

Just sayin'

That certain CF park doesn't have to deal with as harsh of winters as Kings Island as well.   

• Like 2

Banshee had holes dug for footers on opening day and the first week of May had several footers already poured. Has anyone seen any kinda digging going on?

No, but digging would only commence once rebar and concrete pours are ready.

In regards to Canada's Wonderland, their site was cleared by late July, so they open one month later, so if this is a giga, the land has to be cleared by late June at the latest. 

• Like 3

I recall a certain CF park demolishing 2 rides, and a front entrance. And then construct a certain B&M, and new entrance. All within one off-season.

Just sayin'

That certain CF park doesn't have to deal with as harsh of winters as Kings Island as well.   

Sorry to double post, but I think he means Gatekeeper.

• Like 3

Just sayin'

HUH?

Two rides lost. Disaster Transport and Sky Tower.

Sandusky winters are far, far worse than Mason's.

Whatever are you talking about?

EDIT: Simultaneous replies.

• Like 7

I think he meant that cylinder thing next to the railroad, but it looks far too small for a B&M.

Edit: ^ Beat me to it.

I think it's the size of the B&M footers for the storage shed for the cars. It looks like what Diamondback has for it's transfer section, but I can't tell by the angle

• Like 2

Based on my train ride today (yes...broke down and got a pass this morning) what I saw was.... Fallen trees. Lots of them and most were randomly cut down. I could see no specific pattern just stumps everywhere hither and yonder. Lots of little pink flags... Mostly wrapped around random tree trunks and branches in guessing they are marked to be cut down... Very few stakes.... However, once the train crossed the bridge, there were three, maybe four pink flags there. On the return trip just as we were rounding the bend past the ghost town, just past the storage house on the right, there are several more pink flags. Going back into the station, there was a single stake flag on the left of the train.... And the train announcer said "by the way, watch out for falling trees." It's going to be an interesting summer for sure.

Ediited for clarification: the flags after the train bridge were actually just after you cross the WWC tunnel that goes under the train... On the right 3 maybe 4 flags. On the other side they were after the storage building near the WWC loading platform. I have no idea if it's for the same project or for some WWC lovin.

• Like 17

Based on my train ride today (yes...broke down and got a pass this morning) what I saw was.... Fallen trees. Lots of them and most were randomly cut down. I could see no specific pattern just stumps everywhere hither and yonder. Lots of little pink flags... Mostly wrapped around random tree trunks and branches in guessing they are marked to be cut down... Very few stakes.... However, once the train crossed the bridge, there were three, maybe four pink flags there. On the return trip just as we were rounding the bend past the ghost town, just past the storage house on the right, there are several more pink flags. Going back into the station, there was a single stake flag on the left of the train.... And the train announcer said "by the way, watch out for falling trees." It's going to be an interesting summer for sure.

Woohoo! Something is happening! Is it too early to start the #GIGAWATCH2017 hashtag?

• Like 5

Isn't that the same "block" in this picture provided by stashua123 earlier today?

6a054f167b6760a881b6f7f99af023ce.jpg

I think that's where the staircase to the old WWC crossover bridge was, and the concrete path is the beginning of the old queue line..... The big question is why remove everything in the funnel cake building area except for the old queue line path?

• Like 6

Isn't that the same "block" in this picture provided by stashua123 earlier today?

6a054f167b6760a881b6f7f99af023ce.jpg

I think that's where the staircase to the old WWC crossover bridge was, and the concrete path is the beginning of the old queue line..... The big question is why remove everything in the funnel cake building area except for the old queue line path?

If it was the old support for the queue line path, why are the faces so smooth?

• Like 1

As I mentioned to Malem and others at Opening Day, I think the clearing is not even CLOSE to being over. They have yet to tear down WWC's old entrance path after the bridge. With survey markers going from the clearing all the way over to the grizzly bear near Soak City, something is happening, and while I am not on any camp yet, it is looking to be a major construction project.

• Like 11