Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I am willing to believe this is a steel coaster but based on what people have seen so far I have no idea how it could be a wood coaster. Way to difficult to build a wood support structure over this much stuff. The train would feel like it was going through tunnels.

Maybe it is just me but this is starting to sound like one of the design goals was to cross the path of the train as many times as possible.

Also I kept thinking water ride, or a Mack spinner like Knott's Sierra Sidewinder. But if the ride path is going out to the fort I have to think the goal is to make a very large, very tall statement.

• Like 5

I really don't think it's a coaster. I don't know why buy I feel like it's some sort of water ride going in. I just can't see a coaster in that area with WWC, KI&MVRR, Picnic Grove and RFYLCB all being in that one spot... Plus the reservoirs for WWC being in that area as well. I know I there is quite a lot of space there but I just can't see it... Unless they get rid of Picnic Grove all together. Only time will tell..... Who knows maybe we are getting Shoot The Rapids from CP :P.... Yes I am clearly joking about that last part and know that is not a possibility.... Nor would I want that ride at KI.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am willing to believe this is a steel coaster but based on what people have seen so far I have no idea how it could be a wood coaster. Way to difficult to build a wood support structure over this much stuff. The train would feel like it was going through tunnels.

Maybe it is just me but this is starting to sound like one of the design goals was to cross the path of the train as many times as possible.

Also I kept thinking water ride, or a Mack spinner like Knott's Sierra Sidewinder. But if the ride path is going out to the fort I have to think the goal is to make a very large, very tall statement.

If only there was a coaster built anywhere in the world where the woods were right next to the coaster maybe even causing the train to go through or around.....

• Like 7

I stand by my word that a giga would go over by Firehawk and Flight of Fear if we got one. I just don't see a giga being built RIGHT next to Diamondback.

I still think it'll be a wood coaster or new flume. A wood structure would fit really well in Rivertown with its naturally organic/rustic look.

Even more perfect would be a large flume by Mack that could almost pay tribute to KCKC by being built up high with a drop twice as big as RFYLCB.

• Like 6

What I see is that KI is really only missing 2 major coasters: a giga, and a really good, intense (multi)launch coaster. However, we do have 2 launch coasters, so the focus will most likely be on giga. Flat/dark/water rides are always good additions, but teasing this early would be very surprising. One more thing, giga coasters are incredibly fast and can be incredibly long. Most of us are assuming that the station is by Diamondback, when in reality, it could be nearly anywhere on the east or south side of the park. We'll just have to wait and see which of our predictions are correct and which will have fallen with the trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Judging by what everyone has seen so far, perhaps a coastervis headed out way. It feels a bit early to be getting one, since we recently just got Banshee, but Cedar Point only got Gatekeeper in '13, and have just now released Valravn, so anything is possible at this point.

I had this same feeling before Cedar Point did what they did. Kings Island is (arguably) Cedar Fair's second most important park, so it should, in theory, receive the second most attention. Plus with KK and HW within driving distance, they need to stay on top of their game. Banshee filled a massive invert sized hole (that isn't a Vekoma). Giga is next and these other two parks cannot compete with that.

• Like 8

If only there was a coaster built anywhere in the world where the woods were right next to the coaster maybe even causing the train to go through or around.....

I am trying to understand where all this woods around the fort, train, and maintence buildings are. Possibly in the water park or picnic grove?

• Like 1

Well since Fury 325 now shows up on google maps, I did a quick overlay. If these markers are from the clearing, back by the train bridge, scattered through the woods in WWC,and all the way up to Old Fort Coney; there is plenty of room for a Giga coaster.

• Like 6

Well since Fury 325 now shows up on google maps, I did a quick overlay. If these markers are from the clearing, back by the train bridge, scattered through the woods in WWC,and all the way up to Old Fort Coney; there is plenty of room for a Giga coaster.

Well then let's see the overlay!
  • Like 5

I'm so hyped reading this! Too bad I can't get to the park till after finals week. :(  

I vote for a Verbolten style coaster!

I am down voting a dark ride in this location because the big box,  a remake of boo blasters, or using the old theater by race's turn around sound like much more obvious choices. 

also down voting the giga because of personal preference of location.

lastly I hope the log flume doesn't leave us, but it comes down to a lot more than my personal preference and I can also see it on the way out.

• Like 3

I still want a Suspended Top Spin that is partially enclosed like Talocan, does anyone know the bill for that project, including scenery? Edit: Yes, I know that someone knows (looking at you Terp) maybe I should ask if anyone would like to share.

• Like 3

I would love to see this take place of the empty box we currently have. However, Universal have the rights(at least I think?) toTWD as an attraction yearly at HHN. Only certain people know exactly what that entails but my best bet would be it's more of a hassle than it's worth. Cool idea though.

• Like 3

I honestly don't think this is going to be a giga coaster, if a coaster at all. Why put a large airtime filled B&M next to another large B&M hyper (assuming they work with them to build a giga). Though as many have mentioned, it's too early to tell what is going on back there. However it isn't too late to assume it's a coaster either. Carowinds didn't start pouring footings for Fury 325 until around if I remember correctly, and Cedar Point didn't start pouring Valravn's footings until September.

• Like 4