Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Here you go. I had to chop Fury since the layout of course would not fit. But the footprint would fit, and with more room to spare. I think it would be cool to see the bottom of a first drop go right into the WWC valley!

c5fd2b6c819129d8ea3762f487c4aab2.jpg

Screenshots taken from

www.maps.google.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Location can make taller coasters look smaller then the Eiffel Tower. I imagine if a giga coaster was built where DA is that it would look around the same height, if not smaller, then the Eiffel Tower. The tower will always be the focal point of the skyline but that doesn't mean other TALL things can't be built.

• Like 6

I like how Fury 325's footprint is grafted into the satellite view in such a way that the attraction's name and a photo icon is "displayed" on the map. If you didn't see/pay attention to the clear breaks between the image of Fury and Kings Island, one might think that there is a new giga at the park!  :lol:

In all seriousness, though, I don't recall seeing stakes out by the fort when riding the train, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.

• Like 3

Not trying to be rude but it cannot be stated enough that a B&M Hyper Coaster and a B&M Giga Coaster are two completely different experiences. IF this is a giga, putting it next to DB would be okay because they would be two different experiences.

• Like 6

I'm just glad Cedar Fair is willing to give us big investments unlike a certain park in Michigan...

I mean we are theoretically the #2 park. We should be getting big investments. Nothing against MA but it isn't the best location for a park while KI is in driving distance of 3 major cities.

• Like 14

I'm so hyped reading this! Too bad I can't get to the park till after finals week. :(  

I vote for a Verbolten style coaster!

I am down voting a dark ride in this location because the big box,  a remake of boo blasters, or using the old theater by race's turn around sound like much more obvious choices. 

also down voting the giga because of personal preference of location.

lastly I hope the log flume doesn't leave us, but it comes down to a lot more than my personal preference and I can also see it on the way out.

^^ It's not like the park already has a multi-launch family coaster with a car theme and special effects.

Oh wait....

haha forgot about my baby Back-lot. So and with out the launches... never mind, that would just be Adventure Express. :lol: 

Do doses that rule out a family coaster?  <_< humm...

How many family coasters are "enough" ?  I'm beginning to see how well rounded our park really is.

• Like 3

I don't understand the argument about why a giga since the park has a hyper. I do agree with being a bit too close to DB, but if you have a woods use it. Why did KI build The Beast since they already had The Racer? Probably the same reason they built Vortex after KC. A giga is just an evolution of a hyper as were The Beast and Vortex. From someone who has ridden both Fury 325 and DB, there is no comparison between the two. Gigas are on a different level and I hope KI is ready for the next level.

• Like 9

I would love to see this take place of the empty box we currently have. However, Universal have the rights(at least I think?) toTWD as an attraction yearly at HHN. Only certain people know exactly what that entails but my best bet would be it's more of a hassle than it's worth. Cool idea though.

The attraction Universal has planned (for Hollywood at least) is a permanent walk-thru haunted house, similar to what they had normally set up during Halloween Horror Nights. The Sally Corp. attraction sounds more like Six Flags' recent Justice League dark ride installs, just with creepy cadavers instead of caped crusaders.

Speaking of which, the Flags may be the ones who will get these Walking Dead-branded attractions just so the chain isn't flooded with more DC-based rides. I don't really see the Fair opting for this, considering their gravitation towards Triotech (Iron Reef & WMG), and the brand may be too dark and mature for the company's clientele (the upcoming Mass Effect motion simulator attraction notwithstanding).

• Like 4

I don't understand the argument about why a giga since the park has a hyper. I do agree with being a bit too close to DB, but if you have a woods use it. Why did KI build The Beast since they already had The Racer? Probably the same reason they built Vortex after KC. A giga is just an evolution of a hyper as were The Beast and Vortex. From someone who has ridden both Fury 325 and DB, there is no comparison between the two. Gigas are on a different level and I hope KI is ready for the next level.

Exactly! I have been on both Leviathan and Fury and they don't compare to anything KI has. They both have some airtime hills toward the end but that isn't anywhere near the focus of the ride.

• Like 4

It's a giga with 8,135 ft of track. Record broken.

That would be one expensive coaster. Remember that Fury 325 (at just over 6,600 feet) cost Carowinds a cool $30 million, and she was erected on relatively flat, un-forested terrain. Most of Rivertown's topography has more hills and valleys than what can be seen even for split seconds riding either The Beast or Diamondback.

• Like 5

I fully believe, do to this post completely, that there will be a giga. It may be "the tallest giga in the world" and I feel like it would be nice for it to be the longest roller coaster on the world, kinda to pay tribute to The Beast

The issue is going to be cost.  It would be the most expensive ride Cedar Fair has ever built.  Fury 325 was $30 million and it is 6,602 feet long.  The record is 8,133.2 feet.  That extra 1,500 feet is going to be 5 to 10 million dollars.  Still cheaper then the $50 million Steel Dragon 2000 cost but I doubt it will happen.

• Like 4

I fully believe, do to this post completely, that there will be a giga. It may be "the tallest giga in the world" and I feel like it would be nice for it to be the longest roller coaster on the world, kinda to pay tribute to The Beast

The issue is going to be cost. It would be the most expensive ride Cedar Fair has ever built. Fury 325 was $30 million and it is 6,602 feet long. The record is 8,133.2 feet. That extra 1,500 feet is going to be 5 to 10 million dollars. Still cheaper then the $50 million Steel Dragon 2000 cost but I doubt it will happen.

I agree it would be incredibly expensive but Cedar Fair seems like it's been in the game of spending money recently, with Gatekeeper, Banshee, Fury 325, Rougarou transformation, and Valravn all within the past few years. I feel like the most expensive coaster would either go at CP or KI, and CP already has a giga. Plus, it would be a great advertising technique if they somehow incorporate the story of The Beast into it. (Yes, I know Son of Beast comes to mind, but I think B&M would make a bit of a better coaster).

• Like 2