Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I love The Racer, I'd probably cry if it was taken out. :( But I know that won't be any time soon.

Right....

Thunder Road ridership counts were similar to Racer.....

If they turn it backwards again... I bet it would be alot higher! 

• Like 7

So new clue/speculation:

The new concrete in river town and blacktop left around the wooden fence. Not much to elaborate on but the paths with probably be replaced after construction of the 2017 attraction.

Also the park map online shows bushes/ trees surrounding the park and filling green areas within the park. But, the speculated area, area around the log ride and to the pond near wwc seem to be lacking these bushes/trees.

Also note that many of the other rides don't have the bushes/trees, so the log ride maybe excluded in this speculation. 

• Like 2

What other coaster types are still in it? We've mostly been talking about a B&M giga, a Mack launch, a GCI, and an RMC, but what says that we aren't getting a wing coaster? Maybe a floorless? Gerstlauer Eurofighter? I think a dive coaster is out of the question because Valravn, but the others still seem like fair play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Racer has two excellent things going for it: high capacity thanks to being able to run two trains at once, and it's not so huge as to be too scary for as many attendees as say, DB.

That said, it has one major drawback from the park's perspective, the paint.

If not for the paint, I'd assume it would be around indefinitely. Because of the paint, I don't know.

• Like 9

If it is a coaster, I am leaning towards these three coaster types: B&M Giga, GCI wooden, or B&M Winged. RMC has not been known to work with Cedar Fair which makes me think it will not be RMC. GCI and B&M have worked with CF in the past few years with Goldstriker(GCI2013), Banshee(B&M2014AtKI), Fury 325(B&M2015), and Valravn (B&M2016)

• Like 6

What about a Gerstlaur Infinity coaster? While not great on capacity it can pull around 1000 an hour and has potential to have an amazing layout.

Does Smiler come to your mind when you talk about a Gerst Infinity? Even if that accident was human error it's still also a fault of the safety system to allow that incident to occur.

• Like 2

I'm going to go out on a limb, (before the tree falls), and say that I don't believe this construction to be a coaster at all. I'm not sure what it is.... Just have an inkling. I think it is going to bring back the Rivertown rustic feel to the area.... And involve water in some way.... Then again maybe it's a coaster... :P

• Like 7

I think the whole "don't put a giga next to Diamondback" thing is more about distribution of people in the park than it is about having similar rides next to each other. There is more to parks than just amount of people the rides can handle. Theres also infrastructure like food, games, restrooms, etc. A Giga is going to draw people like Diamondback has and like Banshee has, except on a higher scale. Yes you could put it in the area being discussed, but it just taxes everything as a good potion of your crowd will be in that area of the park. Between a giga, Diamondback and Beast, you could be tied up in Rivertown for 3-4 hours on a busy day. That means the drink stands and everything else in that area are going to be busy, but the ones in the other areas of the park will see less traffic. Put it back in the WindSeeker area of the park and you have major draws scattered throughout the park and have a better distribution of guests. 

Of course, that line of thinking leads me to wonder if its going to be a coaster there are all. Or if it is, maybe a smaller one or less of a major addition. 

• Like 5

What about a Gerstlaur Infinity coaster? While not great on capacity it can pull around 1000 an hour and has potential to have an amazing layout.

Does Smiler come to your mind when you talk about a Gerst Infinity? Even if that accident was human error it's still also a fault of the safety system to allow that incident to occur.

Any ride would be susceptible to this type of error. Once put in maintence mode, if a problem is cleared the system can't say "oh you don't know what you're doing so I'm going to ignore your inputs". It could just as easily have been a B&M coaster. If a technician decides to use the "reset" or "block clear" switches. As far as the coaster knows everything is good to go. An accident happening on a particular type of ride is no reason to condemn it. What if parks stopped buying RMC's after the Texas Giant accident. We wouldn't have 2 anticipated rides coming this year and likely would have a dueling coaster left to rot and there wouldn't be Lightning Rod coming at Dollywood either. Besides the accident happened outside of the country and its not like the GP in the states are gonna be like, oh I'm not riding that because the Smiler crashed. If you asked someone if they knew what the Smiler was the likely answer would be something a person does when they're happy.

• Like 17

I think it's going to be a dark ride kinda like Canada's wonderland utilizing the old crypt building. This is what supports my claim. While on Diamondback u can see clearing right on the other side of train station that kinda looks parelle to the tracks. Also I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this. There are new games located around the old crypt building. In fact if I'm not mistaken isn't the new soccer game sitting right in front if not right on top the old que line for the crypt. So that could mean the haunt that is there will not be returning. Plus that building could house a pretty good dark ride element and drop track. Now the theme around it could be beast related. But I doubt it. However a prehistoric theme or river monster theme could be the storyline of the dark ride. Just my thinking.

Btw hello everyone been a long time since I've been on.

• Like 7

The queue line for the former Crypt building is not blocked by the new soccer game or relocated basketball game. In fact, it is more "open" than I recall it being in non-Haunt. Wasn't there a fence that blocked the view of it before? I don't remember.

The new path to the railroad crossing for WWC runs alongside the former Crypt's old queue.

• Like 6

I think it's going to be a dark ride kinda like Canada's wonderland utilizing the old crypt building. This is what supports my claim. While on Diamondback u can see clearing right on the other side of train station that kinda looks parelle to the tracks. Also I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this. There are new games located around the old crypt building. In fact if I'm not mistaken isn't the new soccer game sitting right in front if not right on top the old que line for the crypt. So that could mean the haunt that is there will not be returning. Plus that building could house a pretty good dark ride element and drop track. Now the theme around it could be beast related. But I doubt it. However a prehistoric theme or river monster theme could be the storyline of the dark ride. Just my thinking.

Btw hello everyone been a long time since I've been on.

In my opinion I don't think it will be a dark ride; thinking about the markers in the woods.

But hey Don is the kind of PR guy to do this ;)

#TreeChopingSimulator2017

Edit: And welcome back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• Like 6

To anyone stating this is a Giga or should be a Giga

Why would we have a Giga right next to Diamondback? You know... A Giga is mostly the same thing, depending on what the park wants.

Couldn't you say the same thing about a woodie?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

What other coaster types are still in it? We've mostly been talking about a B&M giga, a Mack launch, a GCI, and an RMC, but what says that we aren't getting a wing coaster? Maybe a floorless? Gerstlauer Eurofighter? I think a dive coaster is out of the question because Valravn, but the others still seem like fair play

I doubt we get a Eurofighter because of capacity problems. I think a Wing coaster is the only other option, because of the capacity issues, but with it being in the woods it could be so similar to Thunderbird. 

See my previous post in this thread.......

• Like 1

To anyone stating this is a Giga or should be a Giga

Why would we have a Giga right next to Diamondback? You know... A Giga is mostly the same thing, depending on what the park wants.

Couldn't you say the same thing about a woodie?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

No. With Diamondback and this location they're right next to each other. While The Beast is actually a 2 to 4 minute walk depending on how busy it is.

• Like 2