Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

A launched winged coaster by B&M could be possible if it is a coaster. It could be themed to a bird. That can relate to trees. It may be that the bird is upset that the trees are being chopped down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could name it Thunderbird...

• Like 3

I would love to see a B&M multi launch but I feel like CF would go with Mack for a blitz style coaster. After the success of Bluefire and Helix I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen one come to the US, hoping this is possibly one. 

Another point a fellow enthusiast brought up to me is that the more "family friendly" coasters seem to have better first years at KI. Diamondback is still arguably the #1 coaster at the park even after Banshee, a lot more intense coaster, was built. He also mentioned that Firehawk didn't raise attendance like KI hoped it would back in 2007. Because of these reasons I have started to doubt that we will be getting a super intense coaster, and are getting the more "family friendly" GCI twister. A GCI would round out our wood collection with a fun ride that people of all ages would enjoy. 

• Like 2

50e2486370a921f928f66aac83fd1b1b.jpg

It's not perfectly obvious in the picture what you're seeing, but those two lower right windows now have Venetian blinds instead of the more period-appropriate tattered curtains of the other windows.

If they had simply covered the windows with something like paper or cardboard, I'd assume it was a temporary thing meant to block something unsightly or that they didn't want the public to see. But going to the trouble to install such obviously inappropriate window coverings, almost has to mean something or be intended to be used to reveal something at a future date. I know I am going to be watching each visit to see if sometimes the blinds are slatted open to show something of interest behind.

(stashua123, if there is such a team, I'm on it)

While the modern day blinds have been there for years, as this room is used as an office.

However, there may still be a clue here.  The sign that had the "rates" to stay there is missing.  Perhaps it was sent out to raise the price, as the rates will be going up due to "increased property value"

• Like 2

Btw, the tulips thing was a joke. I periodically make those because the speculating is fun even when the park isn't giving us enough real hints to keep things interesting :)

I sometimes make my time at the park into the scavenger hunt for clues I want them to make for us, even if they aren't. Although I think there is supposed to be one at Coasterstock!

• Like 10

If my calculations are correct, considering Kings Island will announce the ride on the last day of the season, and that we continue at our current pace (12 pages/4 days), this thread will reach 594 pages.

If it is a major edition it would be announced in August

• Like 7

Announcement at Coasterstock to placate the hundreds of rabid enthusiasts that will be at the park anyway :)

A May announcement would be fairly boring and I would not feel as hyped for the next season by the end of that season as I would with a August/September announcement. Plus, that just gets rid of the fun part of new attractions, speculation! :P

I believe Son of Beast was announced on May 11th, 1999 and look how that turned out.  :ph34r:

• Like 7

I'm curious to see how many survey markers and trees are marked back near White Water Canyon in areas not visible by the train.

While riding the train on Saturday, it was announced that White Water Canyon will not open until Memorial Day.

If it is a coaster, I'm thinking footings may be poured between now and then, with track being placed after it closes for the season.

I'm going to make sure that I ride the train every chance I get between now and then and venture back by White Water Canyon when it opens at the end of May.

• Like 9

Yeah, you're right, it would kind of eliminate the build up if they totally revealed it after only a month. But, I do expect there will be some heavy heavy teasing next month!

They have been teasing this since the Tropical Plunge announcement, I suspect that by August excitement will be built up and then its announced just like Banshee, I can't wait to see what they do to tease it! 

• Like 7

Really random thought, but what color do you guys want/what color does the park need. I think a bright green color that really sticks out would be cool, especially if it is a giga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any bright color. Green would be my favorite. Maybe resembling the bright green that is in the color scheme of Fury325

• Like 4