Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Really random thought, but what color do you guys want/what color does the park need. I think a bright green color that really sticks out would be cool, especially if it is a giga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any bright color. Green would be my favorite. Maybe resembling the bright green that is in the color scheme of Fury325

That's the exact green I was thinking of actually. It would really stick out and force people to take a look.

• Like 2

A launched winged coaster by B&M could be possible if it is a coaster. It could be themed to a bird. That can relate to trees. It may be that the bird is upset that the trees are being chopped down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be named the Lorax :D 

If my calculations are correct, considering Kings Island will announce the ride on the last day of the season, and that we continue at our current pace (12 pages/4 days), this thread will reach 594 pages.

If it is a major edition it would be announced in August

Not necessarily. Maybe the new attraction would be so big they need to announce it much earlier than August or even July. 

We also have to remember announcements could come earlier following a massive marketing plan.....KI has a fairly good marketing department and I think they're quite creative....so if they were to announce earlier, they should be able to keep interest and "hype" up.

• Like 4

Anyone remember one of the first teasers tweeted out by KI saying something about having green space and "what could go here?" I went to go see if there were any "clues" in that post but I can't even find it

I remember a post, possibly by Mr. Helbig (?), which showed a small, wooden platform placed in the green-space that used to be Saltwater Circus (behind and to the northeast of  International Showplace). It had some kind of 'teaser' caption.  It was right before the announcement of Tropical Plunge last summer. I can't seem to find that one either.

• Like 4

I wonder if we may be getting a classic ride. There were a lot of classic Kings Island pictures posted on their social media over the off season. Also, I don't seem to be able to find the teaser with the green space which could have been something that they were not able to get opened by the start of this season so they took down that teaser.

• Like 2

I wonder if we may be getting a classic ride. There were a lot of classic Kings Island pictures posted on their social media over the off season. Also, I don't seem to be able to find the teaser with the green space which could have been something that they were not able to get opened by the start of this season so they took down that teaser.

If we were getting a classic ride, I'm sure they wouldn't start teasing Tropical Plunge announcement and preview night 

• Like 1

As I did for Banshee, I can drive out to Batavia periodically to see if new coaster track is laying about. I'm only 10 minutes from the plant.

For those that were here at that time or read through the almost 500 page thread, I broke the news of blue transfer track that ended up being for Banshee.

As of Sunday, the only track present is the yellow presumably headed for Happy Valley over in China.

• Like 12

*sigh* I disappear for three days and my baby thread is all grown up. :P Seriously, though, I should have known that this thread would explode like this. Some late replies:

So Goble, if this thread is Episode II, then will it be full of bad dialogue, a forced romance, and Jar Jar Binks affecting the entire Cedar Fair universe?

I hope the new roller coaster is soft and smooth. Not coarse, rough and irritating......like sand.

LOL! I realized on Sunday that I missed an opportunity by not naming the thread "Decoding Episode II: Attack of the Falling Trees". :P I'm seriously considering whether to rename the thread to that (but probably won't). :P

[Picture]

It's not perfectly obvious in the picture what you're seeing, but those two lower right windows now have Venetian blinds instead of the more period-appropriate tattered curtains of the other windows.

If they had simply covered the windows with something like paper or cardboard, I'd assume it was a temporary thing meant to block something unsightly or that they didn't want the public to see. But going to the trouble to install such obviously inappropriate window coverings, almost has to mean something or be intended to be used to reveal something at a future date. I know I am going to be watching each visit to see if sometimes the blinds are slatted open to show something of interest behind.

Those blinds have been that way for years now. I think I once heard from a train operator that the space used to be an office for train engineers.

Indeed. See this picture I took during a winter tour in December 2011:

6490227771_fc1720e004_z.jpg

If they announce on August 1st, that brings it down to 324. However, the pages will likely speed up when there is more evidence for a certain type of ride or roller coaster

As it did in 2013. Currently, we've had 172 posts in the past 24 hours across all of KIC. That's pretty similar to when the original Decoding thread was started, but in the last couple of weeks before Banshee was announced, we were regularly approaching 1,000 posts per day, and IIRC we actually hit four digits on the day of the announcement.

• Like 8

As I did for Banshee, I can drive out to Batavia periodically to see if new coaster track is laying about. I'm only 10 minutes from the plant.

For those that were here at that time or read through the almost 500 page thread, I broke the news of blue transfer track that ended up being for Banshee.

As of Sunday, the only track present is the yellow presumably headed for Happy Valley over in China.

That'd be awesome if you would do this, but it'll be a good amount of time until track starts being made (that is, if it is even a B&M, or actually, even a roller coaster!).

• Like 4

That'd be awesome if you would do this, but it'll be a good amount of time until track starts being made (that is, if it is even a B&M, or actually, even a roller coaster!).

I did not see the transfer track until a week or so before Banshee was announced, so yes it will be awhile.

The next month at the park will be interesting and if we start to see footings, it's going to make the speculation even more so.

• Like 5

I did not see the transfer track until a week or so before Banshee was announced, so yes it will be awhile.

The next month at the park will be interesting and if we start to see footings, it's going to make the speculation even more so.

What does IIRC mean?

IIRC stands for If I Recall Correctly.

Sorry for the double post. The multi-quote feature has me confused.

Edited by Hoeter
  • Like 6

okay so after looking at Diamondback construction on this very day, footers were already poured, I'm wondering what this is now, I know B&M has worked in really tight schedules but a 300+ foot coaster I see unlikely now, I'm now on the woodie train

• Like 3

Yes, this would play a factor but there would also be land clearing that has to be done aswell. And for all we know there may be footers already under construction in the wwc area that we can't see. They did say that wwc was under renivations but never said what exactly they were doing.

• Like 3

I know it's been mentioned from those that went to opening day that the WWC reservoir has been drained, and there are some survey markers in that area. What they're planning back there remains to be seen. I'll most likely be at the park on Friday, I'm definitely going to try to see all I can.

• Like 4

I feel like we need a nice wooden coaster before we hit 300 feet, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah because KI has such terrible wooden coasters.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

We need a new woodie, twisty woodie would be nice, a GCI or Gravity Group

• Like 3

I feel like we need a nice wooden coaster before we hit 300 feet, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah because KI has such terrible wooden coasters.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

KI doesnt have any bad woodies, but we dont have any twist and turn and give you hard airtime time and time again.
  • Like 7