Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I agree that both are equal needs. What I'm looking at is that if you are trying to keep the wooded sections it's easier to have isolated footings with steal columns than having to clear a path wide enough for the bents. And call me crazy but I feel like the next wooden coaster should go in Action Zone behind Banshee's batwing.

• Like 5

The only few things I see keeping us from getting another woodie is the cost of maintenance, and the capacity. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with a giga or any other model. I'm just glad we're getting something.

Maintenance costs are relatively low on a GCI, and RMC woodies are even lower costs 

• Like 3

I still think that a Giga is the biggest gap in the KI roller coaster line up. The Beast and Racer can suffice my wooden roller coaster needs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying a giga and a hyper are the same, but is it really a "gap" in the lineup with Diamondback at the park?

KI has one of the most well rounded coaster collections in the country. Everything at this point is just gravy.

• Like 6

WWC not open until Memorial Day weekend. Hmm Renovations that would easily have been done during the off season. Hmm. Think about it this way. Rivertown gets new concrete. Nice new themed funnel cake stand. Games pushed down by The Beast. Oh and WWC getting a freshening up, with a new path. What's next, DB getting new paint in the off season? That's a lot of money spent and focused on one area of the park. And what usually happens when CF focuses on a part of park like this??? A nice new large attraction. So let's wait and see. Really hoping for some news at Coasterstock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Being around since the early days of the park, and watching it grow into the wonderful place it is today, I am always happy with gratitude that a new attraction is on it's way, whatever it may be. Especially if it is indeed a new coaster. Heck, I remember as a wee kid looking at The Racer and thinking that's as big as a coaster could ever be!

I love The Beast and Racer, but I have been wanting to see a terrain hugging GCI or RMC on either side of the park for years now. With all the steep grades and rough terrain, my imagination runs wild at the thought of a new, updated airtime machine rampaging through it all. A 300' plus steel monster is a ton of fun of course, so , if that's the case I'd be more than happy. But, there's just something about the crazy twist, drops and turns on modern wooden coasters that I absolutely love!

• Like 10

"Watch for falling trees" is a teaser. Does it mean it's a wood or is it a ruse? That will be revealed in the future. You'll see a series of teasers throughout the season just like Banshee.

I'd hope that they would take it to the next level this time. They could trigger the app to give a teaser or really do anything as you approach the fence. They have the infrastructure to do that. It would be a far more interesting approach, create a bigger buzz, and promote app downloads. But what do I know?

• Like 20

"Watch for falling trees" is a teaser. Does it mean it's a wood or is it a ruse? That will be revealed in the future. You'll see a series of teasers throughout the season just like Banshee.

I'd hope that they would take it to the next level this time. They could trigger the app to give a teaser or really do anything as you approach the fence. They have the infrastructure to do that. It would be a far more interesting approach, create a bigger buzz, and promote app downloads. But what do I know?

It would be cool to have QR codes around the construction site, hidden of course, then each QR code when you scan it, a tease pops up, hints are dropped 

• Like 8

There is so much they can do. I like the idea of hiding hints around the park. Hunting for Easter eggs is always fun. They could drop hints about anywhere. For example, if the ride is animal/monster based they could:

1. Place huge animal foot prints in landscaping on the other side of the park.

2. Make fake claw marks on the outside of some structures.

3. Create a huge animal "nest" in some green space.

4. They could create a minor structure that is visible most of the summer to draw attention then destroy the structure, surround it with caution tape and warnings of whatever might have caused the destruction.

5. They could do fake news stories on FunTV about the mysterious happenings in Rivertown.

6. They could have sounds that trigger whenever a guest gets near a certain location.

The possibilities are endless!

• Like 18

Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know..............or so I was once told in a similar discussion.

......How easy they forget.

....."you might want to grab yourself a Snickers bar. It's going to be awhile"

Is it going to be a bumpy road?

• Like 7

The problem with a Giga is that you need a big foot print unless you tried a Compact Giga. (which is basically going to be impossible. Especially for B&M) Try all you want. a Giga can't really fit in the idea area...

There are a couple posts prior that show that Fury 325 footprint actually does fit. It's a lot more space than it seems

• Like 8

There is so much they can do. I like the idea of hiding hints around the park. Hunting for Easter eggs is always fun. They could drop hints about anywhere. For example, if the ride is animal/monster based they could:

1. Place huge animal foot prints in landscaping on the other side of the park.

2. Make fake claw marks on the outside of some structures.

3. Create a huge animal "nest" in some green space.

4. They could create a minor structure that is visible most of the summer to draw attention then destroy the structure, surround it with caution tape and warnings of whatever might have caused the destruction.

5. They could do fake news stories on FunTV about the mysterious happenings in Rivertown.

6. They could have sounds that trigger whenever a guest gets near a certain location.

The possibilities are endless!

7. They could create a gigantic hole at the Son of Beast grave...

• Like 4