Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I also posted this in the "Project 2017?" thread.

I was talking about the 5 year plan with my mom, and she thinks that next year's ride removal is gonna be WWC. I mentioned the new entrance queue, because why go through that work the year before you remove something? She said maybe the new WWC entrance is a cover, and they'll use it for the new ride after removing WWC. Makes me go "Hmm..."

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

While removing WWC is always a possibility, I'd bet money that the entrance area to the new ride will be where the funnel cake stand/old WWC entrance was. If the entrance is the new WWC entrance, why do all the work they've done so far?

But if a water ride is to go, I'd think the log flume would be more likely.

• Like 2

Hopkins?

Who is that?

Well, they were bought out by WhiteWater Attractions.

http://www.whitewaterattractions.com/

^Products- Water Rides- Super Flume

http://www.whitewaterwest.com/hopkinsrides.html

I know I'm using Wikipedia as a source for this, but since Hopkins no longer exists, its all I have to work with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopkins_Rides

So correction- I hope its a WhiteWater Attractions Super Flume. 

• Like 5

Maybe the park will cut the flume up and mount pieces on plaques to sell to rabid flume fans for $100 a pop.  Limited Edition! Will Sell Out! How many SOB plaques are still collecting dust in backstage closets?

• Like 4

I was looking at the 5 year plan. 2016 additions include a Major Thrill Ride/Coaster (CP, Valravn), a Mid-size Thrill Ride (?? KD, Delirium?), a Coaster Rework (KD, it was mentioned that a wooden coaster there wouldn't be open this season?), an Interactive dark ride/digital experience (CW, Plants vs. Zombies?), a Kids/Tween ride (Canada's Wonderland? Aren't they getting some flats from Europe?), a Water Park Project (KI, Tropical Plunge, and CW, Carolina Harbor), Entertainment/in-park experience (basically any of the shows, I would think) F&B/Merchandise centers (could that be the new Coaster Dynamix models, or something?), Infrastructure (KI, Funnel Cake Stand?), and a Ride Removal (CP, Shoot the Rapids). 2017 has all that, AND Accommodations. Maybe we can try to figure out what park is getting what, by following teasers, and guessing based on what they got this year? I doubt that one park would get Major Thrill Ride/Coasters two years in a row. I suppose it's possible, but still unlikely. I thought maybe we could work together, and use the 5 year plan as a guide, and guess based on this year's additions.

• Like 6

I asked Don if Whitewater Canyon will operate this year. He said yes, and that it would open Memorial Day weekend, and that the entrance was right under Diamondback. He pointed to the entrance, and I looked at it and took some photos.  I also asked him if the geysers were still there, and he said yes. So, at least for one more season, if the fates allow, I'm going to splash to my heart's content all who dare pass through "Geyser Alley," showing no signs of obeying the posted signs that clearly dictate: "You WILL get wet on this ride." Just helping out, y'all.  B)

• Like 17

I asked Don if Whitewater Canyon will operate this year. He said yes, and that it would open Memorial Day weekend, and that the entrance was right under Diamondback. He pointed to the entrance, and I looked at it and took some photos.  I also asked him if the geysers were still there, and he said yes. So, at least for one more season, if the fates allow, I'm going to splash to my heart's content all who dare pass through "Geyser Alley," showing no signs of obeying the posted signs that clearly dictate: "You WILL get wet on this ride." Just helping out, y'all.  B)

I think Im going to have to bring a roll or two of quarters this season, to do this very thing when I dont feel like waiting in long ride lines :D

• Like 9

Ok you have to ask this question. If they are selectively removing trees for a new attraction, then what is the only type of attraction that can maneuver through trees? Flats need to have everything cleared. Buildings need to have everything cleared. Just step back and ask the obvious questions.

I also posted this in the "Project 2017?" thread.

I was talking about the 5 year plan with my mom, and she thinks that next year's ride removal is gonna be WWC. I mentioned the new entrance queue, because why go through that work the year before you remove something? She said maybe the new WWC entrance is a cover, and they'll use it for the new ride after removing WWC. Makes me go "Hmm..."

Concrete is not cheap, I doubt they are spending 10k on a diversion, that is not going to happen. I highly doubt that is in the PR budget.

So far for four days, no visible activity in the RiverTown area, so the Twitter from KI with the Eiffel Tower stating "Nothing to see from here, move along" is ringing true.

Exactly, nothing to see from that view. Question is what is happening in WWC and beyond the limits of the webcam??

c3ca17cd7ffe1c05373ee300b31d8826.jpg

Aren't Giant Sequoias a wonder?? Wait... Did I say too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Ha that would be a HUGE flat ride if they needed to start a year in advance!

In that case, it is surely most likely that KI is preparing to build the largest, fastest, and tallest S&S Screamin Swing, right? 500ft tall with capacity of 100 riders per cycle! Now that I think of it, that would be kind of fun!

• Like 4