Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

As long as brand M D from P is left out, I doubt the problems of the past would repeat.

This confuses me a bit. Been scratching my head for the last couple minutes.

The Coca-Cola Company is a major sponsor at Kings Island. The prominent appearance of brand MD from P did in the trailer tower on Kings Island Central.

• Like 3

There are 2 things keeping me from saying wooden now:

1) This coaster looks LONG from these pictures (I could be wrong) and I don't think the next wooden roller coaster KI would get would be spread out like this

2) Why would you put a massive, terrain-hugging wooden coaster next to the most legendary example of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

There are many factors that point to KI getting a new attraction, soon, no matter what it may eventually be. However, having been to the park yesterday and seeing everything for myself, for right now I'm interpreting the fence for what it is.

A fence.

Ok but hear me out though. No matter what teasers or behind the scenes work at the park we are currently aware of, we know there is a fence in front of a currently vacant space. And we know that /something/ will certainly have to go there. That's prime space right on the footpath. It's not gonna stay bare very long. Riding the RR around the park I could see signs of other brush being cleared, which could be routine, or could be the start of (let's hope) something bigger.

Is this really a teaser? Is this all part of a plan to lead up to a reveal? My take on all of this is, they had to put up a fence to restrict access to the vacant area either way. There are butt bins hung on the fence with benches, so it's a smoking area and likely to be there for a relatively long time. As for the "falling trees" signs, they are quite large and prominent. No way at all to miss them. What I'm not sure of, is this: did they put up those signs just to mess with people? Is there even anything there we can read into?

Time will definitely tell. My gut feeling is that this will ultimately lead up to a big reveal. As for what I saw yesterday, there's not much to tell that hasn't already been mentioned. Survey markers are apparent. Beyond that, I'm not going to definitively throw my hat into the ring until construction begins.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 via Tapatalk

• Like 7

If falling trees were such an issue that the park needs to put up signs in order to warn people of the danger the Rivertown wouldn't have opened this year.

I'm still considering it a tease (not a warning) but saying maybe it doesn't actually have to do with the type of ride. More like hey were clearing trees for something

• Like 6

I really hope this is a steal coaster if it is going to be that long. Only because I would like to keep the train there and I doubt they would be able to if this was going to be a wooden coaster.

The clearing doesn't look to be all of the trees, which is a big plus in my book.

• Like 6