Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I know it is sort of hard for everyone to realize that the New Millennium is that long ago, I was born in 1999 and even then it boggles my mind!

I will hopefully be at KI this Friday, if I am, I will get some good pictures, I may even reride the train! :)

True, but what I'm saying is that while Arrow Dynamics is out of business, and replacement parts need to be fabricated, Hopkins was bought out by WWW, so replacement parts are cheaper. I'm saying it is more relevant to get rid of Congo Falls, then it is to get rid of the log flume.

Not if they want to build something where the log flume is. 

• Like 2

I know it is sort of hard for everyone to realize that the New Millennium is that long ago, I was born in 1999 and even then it boggles my mind!

I will hopefully be at KI this Friday, if I am, I will get some good pictures, I may even reride the train! :)

True, but what I'm saying is that while Arrow Dynamics is out of business, and replacement parts need to be fabricated, Hopkins was bought out by WWW, so replacement parts are cheaper. I'm saying it is more relevant to get rid of Congo Falls, then it is to get rid of the log flume.

I learn the darnest things here.

• Like 11

Again, I do not want them to tear down the Log Flume, see here Pg. 9 "Is there such thing as Team "You can build any rollercoaster you want but do not tear down the Train, WWC and the Log Flume"?" I am just simply stating that the New Millennium was over 15 years ago and rides and rollercoasters built or refurbished then are starting to age.

• Like 5

Guys, they wouldn't demolish the log flume. Why? Because in the year 2000, Kings Island, then owned by Paramount, hired Hopkins (now owned by White Water West) to completely refurbish the log flume. Hopkins rebuilt over half of the log flume, and the ride has high reliability and popularity. When was the last time you've seen the log flume have a breakdown? I haven't seen a breakdown in 10+ years. Carowinds had their 30+ year old log flume removed because of the OC/rehab costs. KI, if they honestly wanted to remove the flumes, would never have hired Hopkins.

*Paramount* not Cedar Fair

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Guys, they wouldn't demolish the log flume. Why? Because in the year 2000, Kings Island, then owned by Paramount, hired Hopkins (now owned by White Water West) to completely refurbish the log flume. Hopkins rebuilt over half of the log flume, and the ride has high reliability and popularity. When was the last time you've seen the log flume have a breakdown? I haven't seen a breakdown in 10+ years. Carowinds had their 30+ year old log flume removed because of the OC/rehab costs. KI, if they honestly wanted to remove the flumes, would never have hired Hopkins.

Carowinds had the entire fiberglass flume redone with Rhinoliner which is a fiberglass material that is sprayed on. I have it in the bed of my S10, Carowinds done this as a rehab for the Log Flume in Winter 2003, Flume was removed after the 2008 season. I am unsure as to what Hopkins did to Kings Mill Flume, however I would love to know.

• Like 3

7eb1292cfc9de94c70b6f83f404539e7.jpg

The aforementioned snap. Found on KI's Snapchat Story.

Again this could mean, ... Well anything. The gang could be saying farewell to the riders, they could be saying farewell to the ride itself (retheming), they could be saying farewell to Rivertown, and (Very unlikely) they could be saying farewell to the park.

• Like 5

I'm not 100% sure that rcfylcb is going away, Don is very good at teasing things and diverting people attention.

Lets not forget their is clearing all the way out by old fort coney and we are sitting here talking about the possible removal of a water ride. I think it is possible that this is the last year for rfylcb but we also already have the ride removal for this year according to the chart, looking at a water ride that was north of KI.

As for the actual project it looks to be large and I for one am extremely excited for another large attraction coming to KI.

• Like 6

I'm not 100% sure that rcfylcb is going away, Don is very good at teasing things and diverting people attention.

Lets not forget their is clearing all the way out by old fort coney and we are sitting here talking about the possible removal of a water ride. I think it is possible that this is the last year for rfylcb but we also already have the ride removal for this year according to the chart, looking at a water ride that was north of KI.

As for the actual project it looks to be large and I for one am extremely excited for another large attraction coming to KI.

A check mark on the chart doesn't necessarily mean it's only going to happen once.....but it also doesn't mean it's going to happen multiple times. 

If you think about it in 2016 the rides not returning: Shoot The Rapids, Skyscraper, Challenge Racing. 

In 2015 we saw the removal of Thunder Road and Shockwave.

There are many possibilities on that front.   

• Like 14

On 4/24/2016 at 3:10 PM, RollerNut said:

Preparations for 2018 Giga coaster? I am pretty certain that the 2017 window is out the window. Carowinds starting moving Skycoaster after the 2013 season, Skycoaster opened for 2014 in a new location replacing the Peanuts Meet and Greet.

-

• Like 11