Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

It is looking like they are finally starting to tear up the WWC Path, let the cutting down of trees commence!(maybe there will be a giant tree rebellion against Kings Island someday. :P)

I would advise everyone to really notice who and who is not speaking about the project, that should give you a clue.

I speak, because I have not one clue at what is being built, except it is something major.

It is hard to believe how much speculation has already come into this project with little to no signs of what could be coming, I can just imagine this thread in Early June- Late July.  :blink:

I really hope this new attraction/rollercoaster/flat ride/whatever it is will make us gleeful and happy, because in the end that is what Amusement Parks are made for, our own Amusement!

“Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”

• Like 11

I know it probably won't happen any time soon but I would love to see Kings Island get a wing coaster. I've never ridden one but they look very intense and thrilling. Maybe I'll get around to going to Cedar Point this year shd trying one out. My excitement was through the roof right before Banshee was announced and The Bat returns web page came to life

• Like 9

I'm to lazy to edit this into my previous post, but I'll be at the park at 9:30 am this Friday. I'll be sure to let you all know what I see that is new.

Those who will also be going, hopefully you can spot stuff I may not catch.

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

Although I won't be there, several people from here will be. If you're interested in meeting up with some of them, check the thread for this Friday in the meetups section of the forum. Of course, you don't have to; many users on here have never met up with others on here, and that's perfectly fine also. :)

• Like 7

^^ only wing coaster i have been on is Gatekeeper and in my opinion it was not very intense at all. Actually I would say it was kind of a dull ride. I find Adventure Express to be much more thrilling and intense than Gatekeeper. But don't go by just me. Everyone has their own preferences.

• Like 3

I go out of town for THREE DAYS, and you guys make 8+ pages worth of posts for me to catch up on?

We're practically at the rate that the Decoding 2014 thread had hit right at the end...

Not even close. August 6, 2013, began on page 399 of the original Decoding thread, with 11,944 posts, and ended with 415 pages and 12,435 posts. So 16 pages and almost 500 posts were added in one 24-hour day.

To put that in perspective: we've had just 321 posts across the entire KIC forums in the past 24 hours. In late July and early August 2014, that number was regularly in the 900s and topped 1,000 on announcement day.

If this does turn out to be a coaster, I have plenty of faith that we'll reach that point, but we're not even close yet. :)

• Like 9

He pronounces a lot more than just HUSS incorrectly.. but that ultimately doesn't matter, does it? :P

This is true. It's just evidence of his "expertise"

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Im not saying he's an expert, and he knows and makes it known that he's not an expert.. but the way someone speaks isn't always a tell tale sign of how knowledgable they are.

Luckily, if anyone doesn't wanna watch someone on Youtube, you don't have to!

• Like 4

Honestly it makes perfect sense that people who know won't speak, why risk breaking a nda when the topic will drive itself.

Now I think a often forgot about spike in posts could be Coasterstock. With the KI&MVR tour and the usual "teasing" the park does I think the thread will blow up that day. 

• Like 5

I'm a little disappointed there hasn't been more teasing from the park, other than the falling trees signs* (and my tulips, heh). But then I remember it's only been two weeks, and four publicly open days.

Coasterstock is going to be a real trip this year, no question. I don't expect any definitive answers from it (there'll still be quite a bit of time left before the likely announcement), but I bet there will be tons of new teases for us to decode and obsess over.

* unless you include the Snapchats implying RFYLCB is being removed, but I think that is trolling not teasing.

• Like 10

I go out of town for THREE DAYS, and you guys make 8+ pages worth of posts for me to catch up on?

We're practically at the rate that the Decoding 2014 thread had hit right at the end...

Not even close. August 6, 2013, began on page 399 of the original Decoding thread, with 11,944 posts, and ended with 415 pages and 12,435 posts. So 16 pages and almost 500 posts were added in one 24-hour day.

To put that in perspective: we've had just 321 posts across the entire KIC forums in the past 24 hours. In late July and early August 2014, that number was regularly in the 900s and topped 1,000 on announcement day.

If this does turn out to be a coaster, I have plenty of faith that we'll reach that point, but we're not even close yet. :)

I think we may tie or surpass that thread. Remember, Kings Island opened up on 4/30 that year in 2013 while we opened up about 2 weeks earlier with 4/15/2016 being the Passholder Preview, which is when this thread started, and 4/28/2013 is when the Starting to Decode 2014 started(how the heck is that three years ago!  :huh: ) . So we had a little 13 day head start compared to Starting To Decode 2014 and we are already at 32 pages! Starting to Decode 2014 if I remember really did not start becoming a huge traffic thread until around Mid-Late May 2013. The already busy thread combined with the head start may give Decoding II 2016 a better chance of surpassing Starting to Decode 2014's page number and post count.

• Like 7

Agreed!! I've been on Thunderbird, Gatekeeper, Wild Eagle and X Flight, and Thunderbird just blows all the others out of the water.

I live fairly close to the Indiana border and have considered driving that way just to ride that because I've heard such great reviews

• Like 3

Agreed!! I've been on Thunderbird, Gatekeeper, Wild Eagle and X Flight, and Thunderbird just blows all the others out of the water.

I live fairly close to the Indiana border and have considered driving that way just to ride that because I've heard such great reviews
The trip is worth it for Thunderbird and the Voyage alone.

• Like 5

I'm going to guess that the majority of tree removal will be completed before WWC opens on Memorial Day, and I would be willing to bet that an additional wall goes up near the new path leading back to the ride.  Also, the new path is a semi circle Where one end dead ends with a direct left turn towards WWC. Why not a straight path. I know the path had to avoid Diamondback's supports but it could have made a direct right and go in a straight line. It curves out almost as if it is supposed to circle around something.

• Like 7

Anyone that's had a less than thrilling experience on a Wing Coaster I urge you to ride Thunderbird. That thing was awesome!

I have been on Gatekeeper and Thunderbird. I found both to just be okay. Thunderbird was my least favorite coaster at Holiday World. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though! If it were up to me Kings Island's next addition would be a nice twister style wooden coaster. I loved The Legend at Holiday World, and I found the last half of The Voyage to be the most fun and intense part!

• Like 1