Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

^^ Personally I want any roller coaster coming in not close to it, WWC is a nice ride kind of secluded from everything but the train, I wouldn't wanna have it ruined by some roller coaster coming in with everyone screaming and it roaring by. If it is incorporated, I would want it at a slow point, or a MCBR, so it is slower and more quiet.

• Like 1

I love Maverick, I would really enjoy having our version at KI. I do also agree it would fit the theme, in CP it is located in their Frontier Town which in my mind reminds me of Rivertown. Has anyone seen any recent trade marks made by Cedar Fair?

I would also love a ride like Maverick, its my #1, I like it better than Fury, if we got a Maverick, you would see my inner KI fanboy go off :P

• Like 5

He said it would not make any sense to have another wooden coaster so close to The Beast. They would also want to keep as much of the forest in tack so it would be a coaster that was not very tall so it would be launched more than likely and follow the terrain.

Would it make more sense to build another steel coaster so close to Diamondback?

Sometimes you feel like a Terp

Don't understand sometimes you feel like a term means but anyways. Building a small steel coaster next to Diamondback that will be hidden is different than building a wood coaster next to an iconic wooden coaster.

Terp: noun, a person that inTERPrets many things on this board. Wearer of many hats, not allowed to visit a certain parKK. Asks questions and points out flaws in logic

Both make sense tho. Your hubby is probably just guessing like the rest of us. Those that know are not talking. Now if one were to go hang out at the auditors location I'm sure there are a few things to be mapped out.

• Like 7

I also liked Maverick, but when I rode it the capacity was terrible, could have been a disabled guest or something else that slowed down operations, but I waited in the Fast Lane line for a long time, it was all the way out to about the entrance for the Fast Lane line.

Last time I went to CP in 2014,  Maverick was the longest line, I think it was 90 mins. or longer. Capacity could be the thing that is prevent it going to other parks. 

• Like 3

I also liked Maverick, but when I rode it the capacity was terrible, could have been a disabled guest or something else that slowed down operations, but I waited in the Fast Lane line for a long time, it was all the way out to about the entrance for the Fast Lane line.

That's just how the ride is. The lines get extremely long because it's so popular, and it just doesn't have good capacity. There's a lot of trains, but they're small, and running a bunch of small trains takes more time to load/unload than running 3 big trains. You could probably ride Mean Streak 10 times in the time it takes to ride Maverick once... Last year I walked on to Mean Streak but Maverick's line was almost 3 hours.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Reliability really isn't the issue at all with Maverick, it is just the capacity, even in the Fast Lane line, you are going to be waiting a while just to get to the merger. I waited less time in TTD (though the reliability of this was terrible and it did break down at one point while we were in lije but it was back up and running very quickly) Fast Lane than i did in Maverick.

• Like 2

Does anybody know how Mack launched coasters compare to Intamin? How is Helix on capacity and reliability? Anyone been to Sweden?

Possibly CF would work with Mack. I'm curious how the product compares to Intamin.

They have decent capacity, but Blue Fire runs with 5 trains, so its capacity is like 1720 per hour. I've never heard anything about them having reliability problems.

• Like 3

Chance Hyper GT-X. Likely far cheaper than both of the other two and the one just south of KI has had amazing reviews from just about everyone. Is it possible Kings Island ponies up and makes their own version that's longer and runs 3 trains?

• Like 4

That's just how the ride is. The lines get extremely long because it's so popular, and it just doesn't have good capacity. There's a lot of trains, but they're small, and running a bunch of small trains takes more time to load/unload than running 3 big trains. You could probably ride Mean Streak 10 times in the time it takes to ride Maverick once... Last year I walked on to Mean Streak but Maverick's line was almost 3 hours.

To ride Mean Streak 10 times would take years. You'd have to spend months in traction between each riding.....

I texted my husband. He says a hydraulic launch(?) @ 60-70 mph cause it will be more reliable then using limbs (?).

Just so you understand, either your husband is guessing and has no more knowledge about whats coming as the rest of the people guessing on this board, or, he does know, and when Don(Kings Island's PR person) reads this, your husband is going to lose his job for violating a non disclosure agreement. 

You might want to clarify which one it is with him before you go any further. 

• Like 6

If it was to be a terrain hugging multi-launch coaster like Maverick, it would most likely be made by Mack or B&M, not Intamin. An Intamin is surely possible, but not likely. If it was to be made by Mack or B&M, it would likely have very comfortable restraints, and very high capacity and reliability , which solves most of Mavericks problems, meaning we would have a big winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

^ I really wasn't a fan of Lightning Run. No thanks.

Why is that? I found Lightning Run to pack a punch for such a small ride.

If KI was going to get a ride similar to Lightning Run, however, I think it should go back in X-Base. This would allow for some good theming, possibly similar to Afterburn at Carowinds. It's only speculation, after all.

• Like 1

^^ Personally I want any roller coaster coming in not close to it, WWC is a nice ride kind of secluded from everything but the train, I wouldn't wanna have it ruined by some roller coaster coming in with everyone screaming and it roaring by. If it is incorporated, I would want it at a slow point, or a MCBR, so it is slower and more quiet.

The secluded woods of WWC is nice, but when I have ridden it, I am look at what wake we are about to hit that is going to drench me and looking out for water canons. I am not worrying about people screaming on a coaster. In fact, no screaming would worry me. I kind of thought that was the point of being at an amusement park. People laughing, screaming and having a great time!

• Like 9

Can anyone confirm what type of trees are being marked? There is a possibility that the tree removal going on could be because they are trying to eradicate the Emarld Ash Borer ( beetle ). But back to the coaster subject, I don't see KI getting a massive coaster such as a giga in this location, this soon after Banshee. I'm not throwing out the possibility of it being a coaster tho, considering the Point got 2 coasters 3 years apart. That would be the same amount of years between Banshee 2014 and a possible coaster for 2017. But nothing of the size of a giga.

• Like 4