Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Why does everyone think this attraction will be a coaster ? I don't see a big coaster coming in until the park's 50th Anniversary. 

Its being promoted the same way as the last 2 coasters that were added to the park. PR has been hinting and teasing a bit (in some peoples opinions) about a big attraction. Tree clearing around White Water Canyon is being done in a large enough area to be for a tracked ride but not clear cut enough for flats or area expansion.

• Like 6

Why does everyone think this attraction will be a coaster ? I don't see a big coaster coming in until the park's 50th Anniversary.

Its being promoted the same way as the last 2 coasters that were added to the park. PR has been hinting and teasing a bit (in some peoples opinions) about a big attraction. Tree clearing around White Water Canyon is being done in a large enough area to be for a tracked ride but not clear cut enough for flats or area expansion.

Let me control the media and then I don't care who you say is in charge.
  • Like 11

Let me control the media and then I don't care who you say is in charge.

Were you replying to me? If so I don't follow, I didn't say anyone was in charge just a few reasons some think a new coaster may be coming.

Well.. then Terpy how about a 4Dinteractive dark ride roller coaster..?  anyone ? No? 

I didn't follow the links but a 4D dark ride could be coming in the future in order to utilize the Action Theater again. See the Plants vs Zombies and Mass Effect rides.

We received Diamondback in 2009, 20 yrs after Magnum opened at Cedar Point...

We recieved Banshee in 2014, 20 yrs after Raptor opened at Cedar Point...

We must be getting a B&M Standup next!!! That way we can market it as a new coaster halfway through it's shelf life!!!

(Insert sarcastic face here)

• Like 18

We must be getting a B&M Standup next!!! That way we can market it as a new coaster halfway through it's shelf life!!!

Cedar Fair should have some extra Standup trains...

Edit: King Cobra return???

• Like 3

Cedar Fair should have some extra Standup trains...

Edit: King Cobra return???

They did revive The Bat...hmmm....

• Like 3

My husband says that Cedar Point has 3 or so years to use up a credit that the manufacturer gave them because of some boat ride.

Yeah i wasn't sure if you were just a not so bright girl who falls for anything your husband tells you or just trolling the boards.

Thanks for clearing that up!

• Like 3

King Cobra is gone.

I was totally joking but we can't forget that The Bat was "gone" following the 1993 season and made a comeback so we never know if the name could return for nostalgic reasons, just no more Beast related names for a while, we know how that turned out, one Beast is good enough for me!

• Like 3

King Cobra is gone

No its not, its just in the outer limits of the park...

It actually is, the steel was moved to the "coaster graveyard" has since rusted and I'm guessing it has been removed from property. The cars were moved to Kings Dominion for parts for Shockwave...well Shockwave is no longer there. There is currently no TOGO Standup Coasters standing or in working condition (in pieces) in the United States.

• Like 4

Long time reader, first time poster here. I really enjoy some of the insightful comments many of you have.

I don't know if this has been suggested so far, but what about a B&M launch coaster like Thunderbird at HW? It could potentially fit to the terrain.

Welcome to KIC!

At this point, anything is possible... but I don't think many would be disappointed if whatever it is ends up being as good as Tbunderbird.

• Like 10

King Cobra is gone

No its not, its just in the outer limits of the park...

It actually is, the steel was moved to the "coaster graveyard" has since rusted and I'm guessing it has been removed from property. The cars were moved to Kings Dominion for parts for Shockwave...well Shockwave is no longer there. There is currently no TOGO Standup Coasters standing or in working condition (in pieces) in the United States.

Sorry, I thought there were still parts of it in the FoF building. I know there were for a while.

• Like 1

Per RCDB, the only operating TOGO stand-up coasters still operating are in Asia (mainly TOGO's home country of Japan).

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&co=6849

I wouldn't count on it.

Here's a much cleaner sorted list of operating TOGO Stand-Up Coasters... (clears out all the defunct and non-stand up ones for easier viewing)

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?na=&nm=na&st=93&pl=&ty=1&de=7&co=6849&order=-20&ot=2

Also they are not ALL in Asia...Freestyle, formerly Skyrider @ Canada's Wonderland, now operates in Italy. (It is the only one outside Asia ATM though)

• Like 3

Thanks McSalsa, didn't know you could sort the list.

Also notice I said mainly instead of all in my original post. It's all good!

I have a better chance of winning the lottery without purchasing a ticket than Kings Island getting a TOGO stand-up like they had previously.

For you newer people, TOGO has been defunct since 2001 or 2002.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I see where I put that all of them were in Asia. My apologies.

Edited by Hoeter
  • Like 3

Long time reader, first time poster here. I really enjoy some of the insightful comments many of you have.

I don't know if this has been suggested so far, but what about a B&M launch coaster like Thunderbird at HW? It could potentially fit to the terrain.

Welcome to KIC!

At this point, anything is possible... but I don't think many would be disappointed if whatever it is ends up being as good as Tbunderbird.

You forgot the mic drop.....

• Like 1

Thanks McSalsa, didn't know you could sort the list.

Also notice I said mainly instead of all in my original post. It's all good!

I have a better chance of winning the lottery without purchasing a ticket than Kings Island getting a TOGO stand-up like they had previously.

For you newer people, TOGO has been defunct since 2001 or 2002.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I see where I put that all of them were in Asia. My apologies.

When I made the post about King Cobra I thought my sarcasm was apparent lol, I was making reference to my previous post about getting a new B&M stand up coaster and the revival of the King Cobra name as KI previously brought The Bat back. I unfortunately had the privilege of riding Shockwave at Kings Dominion and would not wish that headache on anyone

• Like 3