Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

If its a coaster we will find out probably early summer(placement of footers). I hope it would be a Blitz, RMC like Outlaw Run, Wing Coaster, or Dive. All those are something the park lacks and they would all fit perfectly with the terrain, and theme of Rivertown. Especially if you were to barely see most of the ride zoom across the treetops. I did not say Giga because, I do not think it is time for one yet, not to mention we just spent $24 Million Dollars on Banshee, and I think it still needs 2-3 years before its topped by a Giga. Gigas are expensive and yes one could probably fit there, but that area is usually crowded as it is, we don't need 3x the people in that area, it'll be a pain for everyone. Yes I want one eventually, I just do not think we NEED one now or in that area.

If it isn't a coaster my second guess would be a Dark Ride in the Crypt building, I don't know why exactly thats just what my mind comes to, every time I walk by the building I feel like construction is going on in there. Most of the ride could fit in the building maybe a few sections where it goes around the building. It does not need to be like Wonder Mountain or Iron Reef, it could be a ride like Mystery Mine at Dollywood, or a good capacity Wild Mouse and I would be fine with that.

And of course if it isn't a Dark Ride I would hope a big Flat or two, I say this because we only have three major flats(see Delirium, Drop Tower, and WindSeeker) and WindSeeker being our latest one in 2011, Its time for a new one imo. A big one like a Screamin' Swing, and maybe another flat but smaller.

I do not think it would be a Water Ride for a few reasons... They are not very popular at least compared to the other attractions, it would not be something to attract the guests we've lost to HW or KK back to the park, plus why would they add a Water Ride to the Amusement Park when we just got a brand new slide complex at Soak City. If they want to get wet they can go to Soak City and go on Tropical Plunge, its included with Amusement Park admission.

Just my opinion.

• Like 7

For me, the think I'd love to see most would be a twisty, terrain hugging, airtime loaded woodie. We have 2 great woodies..but they don't deliver so much on airtime. (Racer's is okay towards the front)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I know the terrain in the area of Dinosaurs Alive is quite rugged, but I'd argue that's a better spot for a coaster than anywhere over in Rivertown. If I were in charge, I'd move DA over to Rivertown (if they plan to renew the contract) and build any coaster in the vacant spot. There is much more room over there and it would be a great way to spread the crowd into that area of that park. But maybe that's why I'm not in charge of the park :)

• Like 4

I know the terrain in the area of Dinosaurs Alive is quite rugged, but I'd argue that's a better spot for a coaster than anywhere over in Rivertown. If I were in charge, I'd move DA over to Rivertown (if they plan to renew the contract) and build any coaster in the vacant spot. There is much more room over there and it would be a great way to spread the crowd into that area of that park. But maybe that's why I'm not in charge of the park :)

I was kinda thinking the same thing when I mentioned a few pages back that the tree clearing could possibly be for a train reroute, the trees could be removed in paths for a new location for Dinosaurs Alive as well. But I still am not completely sure either way that all this construction is for a coaster for 2017. It could be, as I suggested before, construction for a bigger project coming in 2018. If Rivertown is to receive a new coaster maybe the infrastructure of that area needs to be updated to accommodate the crowds. Even with Banshee being built 2014, Action Zone is usually a much less crowded area of the park than Rivertown. WWC getting a queue/exit reroute, trees removed as far as Picnic Grove all the way out near Vortex, many things are still a mystery at this point...

• Like 4

The area where Dinosaurs Alive currently resides is indeed quite rugged (and undeveloped for lack of a better word), but I agree that the area reaching out towards Action Zone, behind X-Base, is already more developed with maintenance roads and would require less trees being removed for park expansion. That is unless our new 5 year plans calls for X-Base to finally be expanded and get real restrooms and dining options

• Like 5

In the midst of all the continuous speculation, it would be so interesting to hear why a certain attraction was chosen to be placed in a certain spot.  Not that they ever would (or could) ever release that kind of information, but it would be fascinating to learn about.

• Like 9

In the midst of all the continuous speculation, it would be so interesting to hear why a certain attraction was chosen to be placed in a certain spot. Not that they ever would (or could) ever release that kind of information, but it would be fascinating to learn about.

I agree KIfan73!!! Being an old school coaster fanactic and following Cedar Fair through the great Kinzel era I wish I could be privy to the meetings that take place during planning for major attractions! #bucketlist

• Like 8

Alright this is sorta off topic, but it has to do with the area around X Base, old SOB site and Dinosaurs Alive. I had a thought. These past few seasons a lot of the land moving has been done in the old SOB area. Ground has to be compacted and usually settled before you can build anything on it (I leanred that here years ago). Perhaps a Giga is in the parks future. Just not this year. Station it over in the Dinos Alive, lift behind Xbase, with the main event in the old SOB area. I'm still hoplessly devoted to the woodie camp. I mean come on, the area is fit for wooden coasters. It's a niche that works for KI.

• Like 4

Alright this is sorta off topic, but it has to do with the area around X Base, old SOB site and Dinosaurs Alive. I had a thought. These past few seasons a lot of the land moving has been done in the old SOB area. Ground has to be compacted and usually settled before you can build anything on it (I leanred that here years ago). Perhaps a Giga is in the parks future. Just not this year. Station it over in the Dinos Alive, lift behind Xbase, with the main event in the old SOB area. I'm still hoplessly devoted to the woodie camp. I mean come on, the area is fit for wooden coasters. It's a niche that works for KI.

I agree KI could use a newer woodie, A GCI twister would probably give KI the best wooden line up in the midwest, hell maybe even the entire midwest, if not for El Toro at 6 Flags GrAdventure and Voyage at HW, I would have said this side east of the Mississippi lol

• Like 1

Too bad GG can't get their Timberliners to be comfortable on bigger coasters.  And I don't think PTC's will be wise either.  PTC's were certainly not meant to do what GG asks of them in their layouts.    

That's not to mention CF already has a good relationship with GCI what with purchasing 3 coasters and the numerous re-tracking projects they've done in combination.  

• Like 5