Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

(Bringing this up from a couple of days ago)

Terms of Service for those who just joined us. The link at the top of the forum is broken.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/4128-terms-of-service/

I have now added that link to the opening post of this thread, along with a quick guide for new users (since this thread will see a lot of them).

• Like 5

This is off topic but do you think parks will start retracking certain parts of their b&m's if they want. A good example would be the drop out of Diamondback's turnaround before the trim. It has a very very large rattle. Is it even possible to just replace that park of the track? Universal is retracking their entire Hulk coaster but I found a majority of the ride to be rough with a rattle.

• Like 1

This is off topic but do you think parks will start retracking certain parts of their b&m's if they want. A good example would be the drop out of Diamondback's turnaround before the trim. It has a very very large rattle. Is it even possible to just replace that park of the track? Universal is retracking their entire Hulk coaster but I found a majority of the ride to be rough with a rattle.

I'm not for certain why Universal switched out the track and supports, except to maybe change the gauge of the track to accomodate new slightly larger restraints like Banshee. I am, for one, looking forward to riding Hulk again. I hear that the entire pre show and some elements (not track that I'm aware of) have changed.

• Like 2

To anyone that thinks the area is too small to fit a giga.

You need to look at the sheer size possible area.

Images are from DaftLogic's Google Map Area calculator

This is 9 acres of land we are talking about here. (Given the survey markers)

8b557b026763ff62364e80416c4a6d28.png

Fury 325 at Carowinds only takes up 8.75 Acres of Land

3ea3879b4637c0d35a44411d510b7deb.png

Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland 8.5 Acres

e74bd2f4e3e56e966b8a27def585bf63.png

So if you think a Giga could not fit at Kings Island's proposed land for a new ride. Think again. We have another half acre to spare.

I also want to ask the person who though almost every single Cedar Fair park has a Giga at this point. Because only two do.

• Like 10

I honestly don't think this will be a giga, only because it's really close to Diamondback. If it were replacing Dinosaurs Alive or if it was around the X Base area, then it has a greater likelihood of being one.

Also, has it been confirmed that Race For your Life Charlie Brown is leaving, or is it still on the rumor board?

• Like 2

I honestly don't think this will be a giga, only because it's really close to Diamondback. If it were replacing Dinosaurs Alive or if it was around the X Base area, then it has a greater likelihood of being one.

Also, has it been confirmed that Race For your Life Charlie Brown is leaving, or is it still on the rumor board?

Yes.

Terp -- who does what he is asked. Sometimes.

• Like 8

I honestly don't think this will be a giga, only because it's really close to Diamondback.

I'm not sure I understand this logic. 

That's like saying last summer: I don't think Valravn is going to go where it's rumored because that's too close to Rougarou.

Well, I guess that's true. I'm just a tad bit skeptical because both Diamonback and a giga would be so tall next to each other and the skyline might look uneven. Rougarou and Valravn are two different ride experiences, so that's probably why they are so close to one another.

• Like 3

"And miles to go before I sleep."

:not an off-topic post:

Stay Frosty, Terp

I also want to ask the person who though almost every single Cedar Fair park has a Giga at this point. Because only two do.

Uhhh.... Only two have B&M gigas... Four Cedar Fair parks have Giga Coasters....

• Like 10

Hulk is not a re-track, it is being replaced by the same ride.  Everything is being replaced, the track, supports, launch, trains, even footers were ripped out and replaced.  The problem is that doing this is just as expensive as building a new B&M.  Might as well just build a new design unless you want the exact same ride again.

• Like 3

"And miles to go before I sleep."

:not an off-topic post:

Stay Frosty, Terp

Uhhh.... Only two have B&M gigas... Four Cedar Fair parks have Giga Coasters....

That is what I'm talking about.

Everyone is saying we're getting a B&M Giga because all the other parks are getting one, but only two actually have received one.

• Like 2