Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I honestly don't think this will be a giga, only because it's really close to Diamondback.

I'm not sure I understand this logic. 

That's like saying last summer: I don't think Valravn is going to go where it's rumored because that's too close to Rougarou.

Well, I guess that's true. I'm just a tad bit skeptical because both Diamonback and a giga would be so tall next to each other and the skyline might look uneven. Rougarou and Valravn are two different ride experiences, so that's probably why they are so close to one another.

As a Giga and Diamondback are different ride experiences. 

As far as the skyline, it depends on your vantage point/ride location/etc. if it were to be uneven. Look at Diamondback from the parking lot....then look at it from Coney Mall....the skyline looks different from there. 

• Like 9

I honestly don't think this will be a giga, only because it's really close to Diamondback. If it were replacing Dinosaurs Alive or if it was around the X Base area, then it has a greater likelihood of being one.

Ay yai yai

200w.gif

People are entitled to their opinion. Why even have a discussion forum if we all agree...not much to discuss.

• Like 11

Like I said. This site is being divided by people who want a Giga, and those who think we aren't probably getting one.

I am on both sides of the argument then. I am one who wants a Giga at Kings Island, but I don't think they will be receiving one in 2017

Same here...I would love a giga but I think the arguments for one not going in Rivertown are valid. That's not to say they "can't" put one there, or that I don't necessarily want one there. I trust the park would make it work well, if they wanted to (and with enough $$$).

• Like 2

This is off topic but do you think parks will start retracking certain parts of their b&m's if they want. A good example would be the drop out of Diamondback's turnaround before the trim. It has a very very large rattle. Is it even possible to just replace that park of the track? Universal is retracking their entire Hulk coaster but I found a majority of the ride to be rough with a rattle.

This is off topic but do you think parks will start retracking certain parts of their b&m's if they want. A good example would be the drop out of Diamondback's turnaround before the trim. It has a very very large rattle. Is it even possible to just replace that park of the track? Universal is retracking their entire Hulk coaster but I found a majority of the ride to be rough with a rattle.

Hulk is not a re-track, it is being replaced by the same ride.  Everything is being replaced, the track, supports, launch, trains, even footers were ripped out and replaced.  The problem is that doing this is just as expensive as building a new B&M.  Might as well just build a new design unless you want the exact same ride again.

The Hulk redo ended up being multifaceted. It's pretty much been confirmed that the footers were starting to deteriorate and needed to be fixed. Rather than tearing out the entire footer, they just cut out the upper portion and replaced that part. It's also speculated that its getting new trains. While not confirmed, that could lead to needing stronger supports or wider track. While the way they did it is cheaper and quicker than completely ripping it all out and building a whole new coaster, i would have thought they would have done a redesign on the back half of the ride for a few reasons. But I don't think much of what they did had to do with needing retracked. 

• Like 1

I honestly don't think this will be a giga, only because it's really close to Diamondback. If it were replacing Dinosaurs Alive or if it was around the X Base area, then it has a greater likelihood of being one.

Ay yai yai

200w.gif

People are entitled to their opinion. Why even have a discussion forum if we all agree...not much to discuss.

This was not in response to if it's one type or another.....it was the logic attempted.

• Like 2

One thing to consider, if a giga were to be built in RiverTown and towards Soak City, the park would be running the risk of breaching the buffer zone to the south. There are many back yards in that location and there might be someone who would complain about a"Fury" rocketing by every few minutes. Just take a look at the webcam... When the fog raises.

• Like 6

I'm sure that whistle on the train is a lot louder than a B&M. Then again my opinion is, they built/bought a home that close to a amusement park, that was there way before the house was. I say they have no right to complain. I live right by the Greater Cincinnati International Airport. Planes fly over all the time. Sometimes they change flight patterns and it gets louder. I don't complain, because I knew where my house was when I bought it, and what noise could be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

I don't think there is enough/will be enough noise coming from the park for people to complain. If they do, I'm sure they are also the type of people who complain that their wind chimes blow the wrong way when it's windy out.

On edit: The freakin fireworks are WAY louder than a B&M will probably ever be.

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

• Like 5

I would definitely love to see a giga. I also think it would fit pretty well in that area. Imagine diving in and out of the forest. I know someone else mentioned this with a wingcoaster. I think a floorless giga would be thrilling going through the trees and such. 

I would also think a water coaster like Divertical could be cool... That ride has crap for theming which would be a bonus of the KI location. 

• Like 2

I don't think there is enough/will be enough noise coming from the park for people to complain. If they do, I'm sure they are also the type of people who complain that their wind chimes blow the wrong way when it's windy out.

On edit: The freakin fireworks are WAY louder than a B&M will probably ever be.

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

statement retracted. There are no news reports to support my statement.
  • Like 3

And for the people that don't like a giga close to a hyper, or the thought of another woodie near The Beast... Look at King's Dominion. They have 3 woodies in a row lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Not to mention, Fury 325 comes pretty close to Intimidator. 

• Like 3

It isn't that bad, lean into the curves and you will be fine. It is still a good coaster for the kids first upside down one, frankly, the only one that is really the option at Kings Island seeing how Banshee is 52 (i think) inches where Vortex is only 48. When I was working in rides and I asked peoples favorite ride, the popular one among kids that can't ride Banshee yet was always Vortex.

• Like 10

It isn't that bad, lean into the curves and you will be fine. It is still a good coaster for the kids first upside down one, frankly, the only one that is really the option at Kings Island seeing how Banshee is 52 (i think) inches where Vortex is only 48. When I was working in rides and I asked peoples favorite ride, the popular one among kids that can't ride Banshee yet was always Vortex.

My son's lineup:

Banshee, DB, Vortex

Before Banshee his favorite was Vortex.

• Like 9