Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I honestly don't think this will be a giga, only because it's really close to Diamondback. If it were replacing Dinosaurs Alive or if it was around the X Base area, then it has a greater likelihood of being one.

Ay yai yai200w.gif

People are entitled to their opinion. Why even have a discussion forum if we all agree...not much to discuss.

Why have a discussion forum if ideas aren't allowed to be criticized? Fanfiction.net is that-a-way. --->
  • Like 2

I personally love Vortex no matter how rough it is. It still is fun and enjoyable to me. And this year it is a lot smoother. Coney Mall wouldn't be nearly the same with it gone. At least that end. I don't see us seeing any rides leaving us any time soon unless they become too unsafe or manage to become broken and just to expensive to repair them. There is a ton of space at KI and plenty of room for expansion without the removal of different rides. .

• Like 7

The problem with the giga (Coney Mall) over there, its suppose to be a classic area [...]

The people of Fort Kinzel AFB disagree with that statement. Also, the people who are now 11 years into filming the action-packed finale of the upcoming blockbuster film The Southwestern Ohio Job.

EDIT: I am told the title of the movie has since been changed to Cincinnati Kids 2: Electric Boogaloo.

• Like 12

I honestly don't think this will be a giga, only because it's really close to Diamondback. If it were replacing Dinosaurs Alive or if it was around the X Base area, then it has a greater likelihood of being one.

Ay yai yai200w.gif
People are entitled to their opinion. Why even have a discussion forum if we all agree...not much to discuss.
Why have a discussion forum if ideas aren't allowed to be criticized? Fanfiction.net is that-a-way. --->

I wouldn't necessarily consider "ay yai yai" a well-crafted criticism to the original comment.

It's over now...moving on.

• Like 1

Vortex last year was absolute hell on my brain. Felt like Jello afterward - and I'm completely okay with The Racer and The Beast.

Vortex is the only coaster I've encountered so far that absolutely has to be ridden in a certain seat. Are some better in certain seats? Sure. Despite what Terp will tell you, Maverick is still Maverick even when not in the front. Voyage is a great ride (again, sorry Terp!) in any seat. But Vortex, well, Vortex demands 5-1. It is just a completely different ride there as opposed to any other row.

Carry on...

• Like 5

Off topic but, has anyone noticed on the webcam, that one of The Bat train's is sitting midway on the lift hill. Any reason behind that?

Just a guess, but possibly maintenance performed a repair today and they decided to run a block check?

• Like 2

Ok, talking about Vortex:  I rode it on season pass preview night.  I think I was in 5-1.  If I understand it correctly, 5-1 is the 5th section of the train, front "tub" in the section?  If so, it was a great ride.  I don't have to worry about head banging, but the only part that was rough for me was the transition right before the MCBR.  (side note, thanks for teaching me coaster jargon, if I am still incorrect about my seating terminology, please correct me).

• Like 5

How about it being the longest Log Flume in the world with two drops?  If its not a coaster or anything else. B)

The Columbus Zoo has a log flume with 2 drops, the theming is nonexistent, but it is still a very fun ride none the less. I might be partial to it though since I am a rides team lead there. lol

• Like 8

Vortex last year was absolute hell on my brain. Felt like Jello afterward - and I'm completely okay with The Racer and The Beast.

Vortex is the only coaster I've encountered so far that absolutely has to be ridden in a certain seat. Are some better in certain seats? Sure. Despite what Terp will tell you, Maverick is still Maverick even when not in the front. Voyage is a great ride (again, sorry Terp!) in any seat. But Vortex, well, Vortex demands 5-1. It is just a completely different ride there as opposed to any other row.

Carry on...

Vortex absolutely does NOT require that one ride in 5-1 for an enjoyable ride. It is my absolute favorite roller coaster, and I almost never ride in car 5. I find cars 4 through 7 to be absolutely fine. 1 through 3 are a bit crazy, but I'd take Vortex in any seat vs Racer or Beast in a wheel seat.

- homestar92, loyal member of the church of 7-1.

Side note, of the coasters that I've ridden this year, I found X-Flight at SFGAm to be running the roughest right now. I usually have spectacularly smooth rides on that coaster, so I assume that maybe it's just a bad wheel or something, but I was there last weekend and it rattled my brains to the point that I had to sit down and get something to drink... Which NEVER happens with me...

• Like 8

Off topic but, has anyone noticed on the webcam, that one of The Bat train's is sitting midway on the lift hill. Any reason behind that?

My guess is that the ride isn't running because that's how we would store them at close (that was 2003). One on the lift and one in the station

• Like 3

This is the standard parking position for The Bat.  One train on the lift hill, and the other in the station chained down.

• Like 7

This is the standard parking position for The Bat.  One train on the lift hill, and the other in the station chained down.

Ive always wondered why the would park one train on the lift when the rides not running. Why is that when they have a final break run?

• Like 2

This is the standard parking position for The Bat. One train on the lift hill, and the other in the station chained down.

Ive always wondered why the would park one train on the lift when the rides not running. Why is that when they have a final break run?

Easier

• Like 1