Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Still one of my favorites! I dont find to be any more of a rough experience as Maverick at Cedar Point

When was the last time you rode Maverick? I consider it one of the smoothest and Vortex the roughest. Only ridden Mav with new restraints

Maverick rides very smooth, as does Vortex, wouldn't you know it.. However, the transitions are the problem with both rides. Vortex has very jerky transitions and causes a lot of people to slam their head on the restraints.. Maverick has GREATLY improved since the new restraints.. but it's still a nuisance and can still leave people with headaches. Their transitions are smooth and don't "pop" into each flip.. but they do so very quickly and with what feels like too low of a heartline.. 

I always brace for Maverick's twists so I don't get hurt, especially at the end. I always brace for Vortex's transitions, especially right before the loops, and right before the MCBR.

Maverick is the same experience, I prefer the old restraints because of the airtime you used to get going on the airtime hill, you still get airtime but you don't leave the seat 

• Like 1

I honestly feel like we're getting a giga coaster. I think they have more than enough land, and I was pretty disappointed with Banshee, so I hope this is a giga. I'm not saying I didn't like Banshee, but it's not my favorite because I like rides with big drops. There's a lot of room behind Banshee, so maybe it could travel all the way over there before it comes back. Maybe this will be the worlds longest giga coaster?!?

I don't know how anyone can be disappointed, an invert would have filled the line up way more than a giga ever would, it's great that the park cares what would fill their line up, just look at Valravn
  • Like 1

An invert the size of Banshee would not feel the line like a Giga coaster would. Look at Millenium Force for example, it's by pretty much everyone's standards the best ride at Cedar Point. A coaster like Banshee can't compete with something like Millenium Force

Cedar Point is a bad example for this because certain rides have no line at certain times of the day. Raptor is right at the front so it gets a big line in the morning but its a walkon at 3:00, same with GK. Millennium is in the middle of the park so it attracts more people. Kings Island may be a different story because its a circle and not a long thin oval with no ways through the center. When I went to Carowinds Fury was a 10 min wait max except for night. Intimidator had a longer line. Afterburn had a 15 min wait most of the day. Carowinds has a similar layout as Kings Island so I would immagine that it would have similar results.
  • Like 2

I've been at the park for a while and haven't noticed anything different. I'm going to see if the train is running and snap some pics of the area if it is.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Update: I'm seeing some new markers placed and it appears some more trees have been cut down. Pictures will not be perfect since they're from my phone. 2a537d6916c260dd14dfc000d821027d.jpg

af0de4309ad14cd4c197c49509ae4a53.jpg

c6272aebca91665f6f4d739ec9f4060d.jpg

00c3ddfbde0f974b63ab2315064d6682.jpg

Also, the train announcer mentioned WWC is undergoing renovations and it'll be "like a whole new ride" when it opens, so it's safe to say WWC is in no danger.

Sorry for all the edits. I was talking to one of the train conductors, and for what it's worth, he said "I heard from someone we were getting a new coaster." Again that doesn't confirm anything, he could've heard from a guest, but it really makes me wonder.

• Like 9

Ill be super disappointed if this ain't a giga coaster. I feel like it is, but a lot of people are saying we're going to get a wooden coaster and I hope that's not the case.

I feel the same way. I am fine with just having The Racer and The Beast at Kings Island. That is enough wooden coasters for me. However, we don't have anything like a Giga Coaster.

• Like 4

An invert the size of Banshee would not feel the line like a Giga coaster would. Look at Millenium Force for example, it's by pretty much everyone's standards the best ride at Cedar Point. A coaster like Banshee can't compete with something like Millenium Force

It's not my favorite coaster at CP. Not even close. Give me Wicked Twister and Blue Streak all day and I'll be happy.

I could live without Millennium Force on a trip up north.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Ill be super disappointed if this ain't a giga coaster. I feel like it is, but a lot of people are saying we're going to get a wooden coaster and I hope that's not the case.

I feel the same way. I am fine with just having The Racer and The Beast at Kings Island. That is enough wooden coasters for me. However, we don't have anything like a Giga Coaster.

While I would love a giga coaster at KI I think a modern woodie would be a great fit. If this is a steel coaster and isn't a giga I'm hoping for a multi launch, but that might be too intense after Banshee for a park that caters mainly to family's. No matter what we get I'm not gonna be dissapointed because we are still getting something new instead of just getting a park improvement.

• Like 5

I think you'll find alot of people may just disagree with that. 

• Like 11

I kind of hope Kings Island gets a family coaster like a wild mouse or something. I know that probably isn't going to happen, but still. The "scariest" kid coaster is probably Woodstock express, but there really isn't anything between that and something like racer (which kids would probably consider one of the "big" coasters)

KI needs something of moderate thrill, something to adjust kids to big coasters.

Just my opinion though.

• Like 5

I kind of hope Kings Island gets a family coaster like a wild mouse or something. I know that probably isn't going to happen, but still. The "scariest" kid coaster is probably Woodstock express, but there really isn't anything between that and something like racer (which kids would probably consider one of the "big" coasters)

KI needs something of moderate thrill, something to adjust kids to big coasters.

Just my opinion though.

Well...we have Adventure Express. It's a "5" on the thrill rating and Racer is a "4" but it is NOT more thrilling than The Racer.

• Like 2

Just my opinion though.

Well...we have Adventure Express. It's a "5" on the thrill rating and Racer is a "4" but it is NOT more thrilling than The Racer.

Adventure Express is like a -2
  • Like 2

If you're just adding a few words can you not include two long quotes you barely reference, please?

When I rode the train there were workmen actually at the turntable

38d360cfab2d267fd309003688785867.jpg

Although I wasn't able to get it well in any pics, I noticed some survey markers going right up to the reservoir.

6da26944dc3b25e50f89d81826993f55.jpg

You might see a glimpse of pink there to the left of the water if you zoom in.

• Like 20

Just my opinion though.

I mean we have Backlot which is a pretty good intermediate coaster imo. I think a modern woodie is a little higher on my list but a wild mouse could work. I personally think other coasters come before a wild mouse but that is just me.

• Like 2

So if it was something like Helix or Prowler you guys would be upset? Well you guys have a good chance of being dissapointed, I wouldn't rule it out but there are too many possibilities to lock myself into one team.

I'm not saying I would be upset. By no means would I say "Dang we got a helix-like roller coaster". I'm just saying that I would prefer a Giga Coaster over anything else

• Like 2

Going back up to what was said earlier, I believe Banshee doesn't attract as many guests as other rides because of it's intense look, plus the fact that some people don't like going upside-down.

Heck it got over 2 million riders in its first seas on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• Like 9

While that's completely true, rides doesn't mean anything compared to the line. Not once was Banshee completely empty.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have no idea what point your trying to get across.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• Like 3